Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 2nd 2022, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Jr1993 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by LondonAlb
Have you heard anything regarding your application? I've also passed the 2-3 weeks estimated timeframes they gave at the start of April
nope still not heard anything.
Old May 4th 2022, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

CL51REL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by graham8219
Hi All,

After a bit of advice.

Attended interview for 2nd Visa - referred for Waiver on 17th Feb
Emailed on 9th March to send Passport for Visa Issuance
Handed into DX on 11th March
Received at Embassy on 16th March

And nothing since, the website states 3-7 days for visa issue but mine has exceeded this. I've checked the status from DS-160 and still shows refused and the last action on 23 Feb.

Just wondering how long other people have been waiting recently when they have submitted their passports?

TIA

hi which embassy did you go to?
Old May 4th 2022, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

CL51REL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all…

just on doing application for another visa. Had multiple in past. (Waivers)
last one was 5 year and expired during lockdown 2020.

can anyone advise on timeframes for current recommended visa waivers. Either attending London or Belfast embassy?

also… in past we found going to Belfast was a quicker turn around than London. Is this still the case?

Thanks
Old May 4th 2022, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

LondonAlb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CL51REL
Hi all…

just on doing application for another visa. Had multiple in past. (Waivers)
last one was 5 year and expired during lockdown 2020.

can anyone advise on timeframes for current recommended visa waivers. Either attending London or Belfast embassy?

also… in past we found going to Belfast was a quicker turn around than London. Is this still the case?

Thanks
Belfast isn't currently processing B2 visas. I attended London the first week of April and was told 3 weeks for a decision but still currently waiting for a decision.

Edit. I have just looked and think Belfast have reopened, they hadn't when I checked in Feb 22.

Last edited by LondonAlb; May 4th 2022 at 3:33 pm.
Old May 9th 2022, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Just received an email asking to send in my passport for visa issuance. Appointment was on 8th April and received the email this morning.

I was refused in 2019 so very shocked! Good luck to everyone else.

We go on holiday in Europe in less than 4 weeks so hopefully I get my passport back before then.
Old May 13th 2022, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by graham8219
Still awaiting my passport back from the Embassy. I have emailed twice but I get a standard response without actually answering my questions.

The https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/niv site says to "send documents" which I did on 11th March following my email asking me to submit my passport for visa assurance on 9th March.

Its been a total of a month without my passport, the emails from the webform team say my case is under review, but surely if asking for my passport it would appear my case has been reviewed. I get a feeling its "lost" in the process somewhere and without the ability to speak to someone, I keep getting this response.Embassy records show that your application remains under review at this time. Please note, no expedite service is available and there is no mechanism for routine status updates while a review is underway. You can expect to be notified as soon as the review is complete. No additional information or documentation is requested or required from you at this time.

As there is no set period of time that a review may take, we cannot guarantee an outcome by any set date. This is one reason why we advise all applicants against booking tickets or making final travel plans unless they have received their passport containing a valid U.S. visa appropriate for their purpose of travel.

Any advice anyone?
Have you recieved your passport back? If so, how long did it take? I sent my passport on Tuesday and we go on holiday in three weeks to Spain. I emailed asking what the timeframes are for the passport process and I've received the same response as you twice now.
Old May 16th 2022, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Have you recieved your passport back? If so, how long did it take? I sent my passport on Tuesday and we go on holiday in three weeks to Spain. I emailed asking what the timeframes are for the passport process and I've received the same response as you twice now.
I got mine back in 2 weeks and that included the May bank holiday in the middle. You should be fine.
Old May 19th 2022, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a theory of the timeline for waivers of ineligibility. Before the pandemic ,the backlog wait time was almost six months. Then we had a total lockdown.

What I think is happening now(having that backlog cleared or cancelled during lockdown) is that those waivers granted Jan Feb were processed without little or no backlog(ie two weeks or less).

Now as more applications are made slowly that backlog will creep up, already we are seeing three weeks to a month.

I think anyone currently applying now should start looking at longer and longer periods of waiting as time goes on and the days of two week turnround are long gone.

I hope I am totally wrong but I think as time goes on my theory will prove correct.
Old May 19th 2022, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sevorg
Just a theory of the timeline for waivers of ineligibility. Before the pandemic ,the backlog wait time was almost six months. Then we had a total lockdown.

What I think is happening now(having that backlog cleared or cancelled during lockdown) is that those waivers granted Jan Feb were processed without little or no backlog(ie two weeks or less).

Now as more applications are made slowly that backlog will creep up, already we are seeing three weeks to a month.

I think anyone currently applying now should start looking at longer and longer periods of waiting as time goes on and the days of two week turnround are long gone.

I hope I am totally wrong but I think as time goes on my theory will prove correct.
Finally had my email yesterday asking to send passport, appointment was on march 7th so around 2 and a half months for waiver approval for me. It looks as though mine was irregularly long though as people that went for appointment after me had their wavers back before. Just happy mine is sorted now and passport should be coming back to me soon 🙏
Old May 22nd 2022, 10:22 am
Just Joined

FeMcD is an unknown quantity at this point

My partner went for his appt in London on 25th April. This was his 3rd time. First he got a multiple entry 1 year and 2nd was a 5 year. He was again recommended for a waiver.
he received his email on Friday 20th May at 8.15am to ask him to send his passport. It was at the couriers for 11.30am.
so 25 days from appt to email.
We are going on 11th june although he’s not booked on a flight yet. Fingers crossed it comes early enough for us to get him a decent price. Currently can get one for £199! Which is amazing.
I’ll update when he receives his passport back.
thanks to this forum it gave up some hope that he may be able to come, so thanks for everyone’s updates.
Old May 22nd 2022, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FeMcD
My partner went for his appt in London on 25th April. This was his 3rd time. First he got a multiple entry 1 year and 2nd was a 5 year. He was again recommended for a waiver.
he received his email on Friday 20th May at 8.15am to ask him to send his passport. It was at the couriers for 11.30am.
so 25 days from appt to email.
We are going on 11th june although he’s not booked on a flight yet. Fingers crossed it comes early enough for us to get him a decent price. Currently can get one for £199! Which is amazing.
I’ll update when he receives his passport back.
thanks to this forum it gave up some hope that he may be able to come, so thanks for everyone’s updates.
I got the email on 9th May. Dropped it off on 10th and DX confirmed it was delivered on 11th May. We go away to Greece in 10 days and still waiting for my passport. Really hope it is sorted next week so I can stop panicking.
Old May 22nd 2022, 11:44 am
Just Joined

FeMcD is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the email on 9th May. Dropped it off on 10th and DX confirmed it was delivered on 11th May. We go away to Greece in 10 days and still waiting for my passport. Really hope it is sorted next week so I can stop panicking.
Aw hope you get it on time! So stressful, isn’t it
Old May 23rd 2022, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hopefully you’ll be all good. Let us know when you receive it as ive booked flights now based on others taking two weeks for mid june. Hopefully you get yours in the next couple days and can put my mind at ease haha
Old May 23rd 2022, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Status checker changed to Administrative Processing

Case Created: 08-Apr-2022
Case Last Updated: 23-May-2022
Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

Hopefully I hear something soon.
Old May 24th 2022, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Status checker changed to Administrative Processing

Case Created: 08-Apr-2022
Case Last Updated: 23-May-2022
Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

Hopefully I hear something soon.
You should hear today or tomorrow, then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.