Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jul 7th 2022, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

LondonAlb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by shiversaint
By yourself - always by yourself. I have only seen children in secondary when a parent was up for question. Unless your wife needs to goto secondary, she won't be coming with you.

You will not be able to contact your partner while you are in secondary, they are extremely strict about electronic devices.

The experience does vary a bit and depends on how busy the terminal you fly into is. If you are LAX T3 with Virgin Atlantic, for example, it's a very quiet terminal and you can be out of secondary within 15-30 minutes of being sent to it. Tom Bradley International Terminal at LAX however is very busy and my average wait there was about an hour, the longest I experienced was 5 hours. JFK has always been on the lower end for me.
No she'll be on an Esta. Will be Orlando International, do you have any experience there?
Old Jul 7th 2022, 11:49 am
Just Joined

FeMcD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LondonAlb
No she'll be on an Esta. Will be Orlando International, do you have any experience there?
my partner had been through MCO 3 times with secondary processing and has always been around 20 minutes. He was asked how much money he had, who he was with, how long he was staying, had he been there before. The questioning only took a couple of minutes. They have always been nice to him although did witness someone getting a hard time as they didn’t have the correct documents. He’s always been in himself, no one else is allowed in. By the time the cases etc are out he’s joined us so didn’t really hold us us in any way
Old Jul 7th 2022, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

LondonAlb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FeMcD
my partner had been through MCO 3 times with secondary processing and has always been around 20 minutes. He was asked how much money he had, who he was with, how long he was staying, had he been there before. The questioning only took a couple of minutes. They have always been nice to him although did witness someone getting a hard time as they didn’t have the correct documents. He’s always been in himself, no one else is allowed in. By the time the cases etc are out he’s joined us so didn’t really hold us us in any way
Oh great hopefully I won't be held long then as i know from our holiday to spain last month that the babies were a nightmare after we got off the plane. Just out of curiosity, what documents did your partner have ready? I'm guessing hotel and return flight confirmations are a standard?
Old Jul 7th 2022, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Oh great hopefully I won't be held long then as i know from our holiday to spain last month that the babies were a nightmare after we got off the plane. Just out of curiosity, what documents did your partner have ready? I'm guessing hotel and return flight confirmations are a standard?
he only took in his passport with the visa in it. I had everything else. He thinks he’s funny sometimes so had to remind him to only answer the questions he’s asked and say nothing else lol
Old Jul 7th 2022, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Bear in mind that you will be in the visa queue and she will be in the esta automatic machine line too, then, increasing your divergence.
Old Jul 7th 2022, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Rvee15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good afternoon,

Anyone here have an interview in London June time?
my partners interview for his b2 visa was June 6th where he was recommended a waiver and just awaiting to hear back.

hoping to get to Florida in Dec
Old Jul 15th 2022, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Jo3ler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys

I'm back here for my third Visa Waiver Application, completed online today an interview on 29th November!

My current waiver expires in November but I don't have any plans to travel to the US just yet - I like to have it available because historically it's taken 6+ months. I'm guessing it will be nearly a year this time with interview in Nov!. Last one was 5 years so hoping to get the same!

I do have a question. I got a bit over-excited and ordered my Police Certificate before applying for the visa - about a month or so earlier in fact.

I'm thinking the police cert will have to be after the via application and I'll need to get another one, because otherwise theoretically I could have been arrested since then and before applying (I haven't!). But if anyone knows any different I'd love to know.

Cheers!
Old Jul 15th 2022, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jo3ler
Hey guys

I'm back here for my third Visa Waiver Application, completed online today an interview on 29th November!

My current waiver expires in November but I don't have any plans to travel to the US just yet - I like to have it available because historically it's taken 6+ months. I'm guessing it will be nearly a year this time with interview in Nov!. Last one was 5 years so hoping to get the same!

I do have a question. I got a bit over-excited and ordered my Police Certificate before applying for the visa - about a month or so earlier in fact.

I'm thinking the police cert will have to be after the via application and I'll need to get another one, because otherwise theoretically I could have been arrested since then and before applying (I haven't!). But if anyone knows any different I'd love to know.

Cheers!
i think it needs to be issued within 6 months of the interview. My partner needed to get a new one between applying and getting an interview date as it was over 6 months old
Old Jul 19th 2022, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Jo3ler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FeMcD
i think it needs to be issued within 6 months of the interview. My partner needed to get a new one between applying and getting an interview date as it was over 6 months old
Amazing thanks!
Old Jul 21st 2022, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Lady Mabs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rvee15
Good afternoon,

Anyone here have an interview in London June time?
my partners interview for his b2 visa was June 6th where he was recommended a waiver and just awaiting to hear back.

hoping to get to Florida in Dec
Hi there . I had my interview in June and i still await the email to submit my passport. Any updates on your visa?
Old Jul 26th 2022, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lady Mabs
Hi there . I had my interview in June and i still await the email to submit my passport. Any updates on your visa?

hello, still no update on my partners visa. Was your interview in London? Hopefully we hear something soon.
Old Jul 26th 2022, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Yes it was London. Fingers crossed eh.
Old Jul 27th 2022, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lady Mabs
Yes it was London. Fingers crossed eh.
fingers crossed!
keep me updated and I will do the same. So strange because people on here who interviewed in may were hearing back after 3-4 weeks. Must be busy with the summer.
what time frame were you given at interview? My partner can’t remember what time frame he was told but thought it was 4-6 weeks
Old Jul 27th 2022, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

I will keep you posted for sure. Time frame was a month and that was last week for me. Also mine is an L1 visa. Lets see what happens and i hope it comes through soon.
Old Jul 31st 2022, 7:08 am
Just Joined

just right is an unknown quantity at this point

guys just a update
visa interview was 8th june(london)
got email for sumbit the passport on 11th july
sent passport on 14th july
got passport back on 28 july with 5 years visa on it
it was my second waiver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.