Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Aug 5th 2017, 6:50 pm
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Mel20
He was given the form that gave reason for denied and it stated he had been recommended for the waiver. He walked off in tears but not in an angry way. He was just unable to speak due to being so upset
He will be fine - it's in the process now. It's really hard to do especially with a holiday looming but you just need to forget and wait (most people waiting around 6 months but may be longer).

Once he had it is should be for 5 years so takes the pressure off doing it all again. Hope you all manage to get on your holiday x
Old Aug 5th 2017, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Mel20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KTG
He will be fine - it's in the process now. It's really hard to do especially with a holiday looming but you just need to forget and wait (most people waiting around 6 months but may be longer).

Once he had it is should be for 5 years so takes the pressure off doing it all again. Hope you all manage to get on your holiday x
We've decided to change the date till end of April hopefully that will be long enough. His statues is still saying appointment. Hopefully that will change soon
Old Aug 5th 2017, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tambling
I have checked my online status and it says administrative processing and it could take several weeks.
Yes - it could take several weeks. That doesn't mean that it will... only that it could. Most people get their passport back within 2 weeks.

Can I request my passport back...
Yes... but...

... I would like to have an holiday...
... you will cause the waiver process to start over again - from the beginning because you will trigger a new set of security checks.

... and can't afford for the embassy to hold my passport.
Sorry - but you can't have it both ways!

Just really stressed out with the process now.
Well - at least it's not some sort of life/death situation, right? I suggest you put your anxiety into perspective.

Ian
Old Aug 6th 2017, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,last week I was asked to send passport for visa issuance and nothing since. I have checked my online status and it says administrative processing and it could take several weeks. Can I request my passport back cuz I would like to have an holiday I. September and can't afford for the embassy to hold my passport. Just really stressed out with the process now.
It's likely you will get email notification this week that it is being returned.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Mel20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonnos73
Keep checking the USA ais site

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-GB/niv/users/sign_in

I got a email today requesting my passport.
I keep checking this and it still says appointment. Appointment was in 3.8.17 I am now worried that the waiver has not been applied for!!! Please help
Old Aug 8th 2017, 10:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mel20
I am now worried that the waiver has not been applied for!
If the officer said he would put the application forward for a waiver, then that is what happened. You've been told that the process will take 6-7 months... you're barely 1 week into that period... and it's likely that nothing will change until such time as the waiver is approved. That said, I'm not sure why you're even bothering to look online... the site gets updated when someone remembers to update it and it often doesn't reflect reality. The system has been notoriously unreliable for the past 15 years!

Please help
What, exactly, would you like people to do? There is nothing anyone here can do, and there's nothing you can do either. All you can do is wait. That is the reality of your situation.

Ian
Old Aug 9th 2017, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Tambling is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all thanks for keeping me sane all these months since my refusal in March, I got my waiver approved for 5 years. Thanks again for all the information during this process. Thankx Ian for being so honest and straightforward. Your comments really kept me in check. Thanks again lots of love 😍
Old Aug 9th 2017, 11:14 am
Account Closed

I got my waiver approved for 5 years.
Outstanding! Well done.

Thankx Ian for being so honest and straightforward. Your comments really kept me in check.
You're very welcome. Sometimes, a bit of objective perspective helps to maintain focus during uncertain times.

Ian
Old Aug 10th 2017, 10:46 am
Just Joined

76Queens is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone. I was referred for a waiver of eneligibility due to a drug conviction which a had a DUI last year for canabis. This was my first and last conviction which I had to pay a fine. the consular office didnt give me any other paper which stated the length I had to wait he would only apply for me and let me know by email. How can I trust that this is been done when I didnt receive any paper he only verbally told me it would take 6months. and does anyone else has experience with this kind of conviction?
Old Aug 10th 2017, 11:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 76Queens
Hi everyone. I was referred for a waiver of eneligibility due to a drug conviction which a had a DUI last year for canabis. This was my first and last conviction which I had to pay a fine. the consular office didnt give me any other paper which stated the length I had to wait he would only apply for me and let me know by email. How can I trust that this is been done when I didnt receive any paper he only verbally told me it would take 6months. and does anyone else has experience with this kind of conviction?
What other option do you have than to trust that this has been done.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
What other option do you have than to trust that this has been done.
Thats why I asked tbh. dont have any experience with this so I was looking for people with simular situations...
Old Aug 10th 2017, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we a are now up to 3657 posts so lots to read.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Did you not receive a piece of paper stating you'd been refused a visa with the reason why, and then explaining that they were recommending you for a waiver with the estimated time frame? It's not a particularly big deal if you didn't as it's more symbolic than anything else, but one normally does.

There isn't much you can do at this point. As Boiler says, you have no other option but to trust that it's been referred. In general, what they say at the embassy tends to happen.

It will take in the region of 6 months, so best thing you can do is to forget about it and put your mind onto something else.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiversaint
Did you not receive a piece of paper stating you'd been refused a visa with the reason why, and then explaining that they were recommending you for a waiver with the estimated time frame? It's not a particularly big deal if you didn't as it's more symbolic than anything else, but one normally does.

There isn't much you can do at this point. As Boiler says, you have no other option but to trust that it's been referred. In general, what they say at the embassy tends to happen.

It will take in the region of 6 months, so best thing you can do is to forget about it and put your mind onto something else.
Yes I did get a paper saying I was refused a visa due to law 212 (a)(2) and that I was eligible for a waiver but no where on the paper stated a time frame it was only said verbally. after seeing other threads I thought it would be odd if it wasnt stated on the paper.
but just like u said I guess id have to wait it out and hope they sent the application as they said they would do.
thanks for the advice.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

... no where on the paper stated a time frame...
Of course not. If they wrote down a time frame on the paper, then they'd likely have to abide by it... which, to be honest, they really don't want to do. Once they recommend a waiver, the paperwork is sent to the DHS in the US for further processing. The US Consular Service in London has no idea how many other waiver applications are ahead of yours in line (they arrive from US Consulates across the globe), so it would be impossible to tell you how long it's going to take.

Currently, it's taking about 6-7 months!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.