Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 24th 2022, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

LondonAlb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by shiversaint
You should hear today or tomorrow, then.
Just received this today by email:Thank you for your email.

Embassy records confirm that your visa has been issued and your passport has been forwarded to the courier service. You can expect the courier to contact you with tracking information as soon as delivery arrangements have been finalized. Barring unforeseen circumstances, we would expect this to be within the next 1-2 working days.

Sincerely,
Consular Information Unit

Visa status checker changed to issued. Thank god!
Old May 25th 2022, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Have just collected my passport from the Chancery Lane DX office. Just a bit for back story as it might help some people. I have around a dozen convictions ranging from shoplifting, theft, possession of cannabis all the way up to a Robbery conviction. This is my most serious crime which I received a 3 year youth offenders prision sentence (as I was under 18 years old). Last conviction was in 2013.

I applied for a visa in 2019 in the Belfast office, was recommended for a waiver which was subsequently refused. Applied again and attended the London embassy in 2022, recommended for a waiver which was granted with a 1 year visa.

Attended US embassy - 8th April 2022
Email to submit passport - 9th May 2022
Passport dropped off at DX - 10th May 2022
Passport recieved at embassy - 11th May 2022
Email confirming visa issued and passport dispatched - 24th May 2022
Passport collected at DX Chancery Lane - 25th May 2022
Old May 25th 2022, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

FeMcD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LondonAlb
Have just collected my passport from the Chancery Lane DX office. Just a bit for back story as it might help some people. I have around a dozen convictions ranging from shoplifting, theft, possession of cannabis all the way up to a Robbery conviction. This is my most serious crime which I received a 3 year youth offenders prision sentence (as I was under 18 years old). Last conviction was in 2013.

I applied for a visa in 2019 in the Belfast office, was recommended for a waiver which was subsequently refused. Applied again and attended the London embassy in 2022, recommended for a waiver which was granted with a 1 year visa.

Attended US embassy - 8th April 2022
Email to submit passport - 9th May 2022
Passport dropped off at DX - 10th May 2022
Passport recieved at embassy - 11th May 2022
Email confirming visa issued and passport dispatched - 24th May 2022
Passport collected at DX Chancery Lane - 25th May 2022
fabulous! Thanks for this. Glad you’ve got your passport back in your hands now.
my partner took his to DX on Friday there but the tracking number isn’t recognised. He’s working day shift this week so hasn’t been able to call them to find out why. 🤷🏻‍♀️

hope you have a great holiday 🙂

Last edited by FeMcD; May 25th 2022 at 2:33 pm.
Old May 25th 2022, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FeMcD
fabulous! Thanks for this. Glad you’ve got your passport back in your hands now.
my partner took his to DX on Friday there but the tracking number isn’t recognised. He’s working day shift this week so hasn’t been able to call them to find out why. 🤷🏻‍♀️

hope you have a great holiday 🙂
I used the chat box on the site and they were able to tell me when the passport was delivered to the embassy as well as confirming my passport was available to pick up this morning following my email yesterday so might be worth using that if you want to find out. Thank you!
Old May 25th 2022, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

FeMcD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LondonAlb
I used the chat box on the site and they were able to tell me when the passport was delivered to the embassy as well as confirming my passport was available to pick up this morning following my email yesterday so might be worth using that if you want to find out. Thank you!
Great idea. I’ll have a look at that tonight. Thanks
Old May 27th 2022, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

wisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond repute

I posted back in 2017 regarding my daughter but the thread is closed so I could not update it. For those interested in a little bit of the back story: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Advice - British Expats. Emily applied for a B2 visa in December 2019 and had an appointment booked for April 2020 which of course was cancelled. After a couple of other cancelled appointments, she finally had her interview at the London Embassy today and was granted a B2 visa on the spot, no waiver required. They kept her passport and said she should receive in next week. She was first called to a private booth and was asked to write down all her past history with arrest dates, from her time in USA, court appearances etc. and then told her to wait for an interview. In the interview they asked about her past and drilled into what she had done since she returned to UK over 10 years ago wanting to know if you had been in any trouble since. She had an updated clear ACRO with her. I think the fact she has a job with some level of security clearance helped and she works with the Met, foreign office, palace etc.
She is so happy and will be planning a trip here to visit as soon as the Jubilee (which she is working on) is over.

Old Jun 1st 2022, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Jr1993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Passport delivered today! Interview was on 7th march so roughly 3 months for me. Passport took 15 days to come back to me from sending it off.
Old Jun 1st 2022, 10:48 am
Just Joined

MM2022 is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems a few people here are going through something similar so I am posting my husband’s case to see if anyone can shed a light!

We have applied for L1/L2 visas this year - I was granted L1 on the appointment day, but my husband has a +10y small criminal record so he was recommended for a waiver on that same day.

We received an update to submit his passport 3 weeks after appointment, alongside a request for an international money order. (I didn’t see many people here mentioning money orders, but we had a lof of issues to find one in London, and I ended up getting one from the US, so it took us almost a month to be able to submit his passport).

It has now been over two weeks that his passport has been submitted, and his case keeps getting new dates under ‘case last updated’ status, but it remains as Administrative Processing.

We are supposed to fly to Greece in 12 days for his brother wedding, and are quite desperated whether or not we’ll have his passport back by then.

We don’t know how to better contact the embassy (and if they would give us any updated timings) because we tried contacting them during the money order process (calls, Skype, email, popped in the Embassy), and no one could give us a clear answer on that.

Is anyone here also waiting plus 2 weeks to get their passport back?

Timeline -
Embassy appointment - 30 March
Email to submit passport + international money order - 20 April
Passport dropped off at DX - 16 May
Passport received at embassy - 17 May
Status changed to Administrative Processing - 24 May
Case Last Updated on 27 May and 31 May but with no changes on ‘Administrative Processing’
Old Jun 1st 2022, 11:58 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MM2022
It seems a few people here are going through something similar so I am posting my husband’s case to see if anyone can shed a light!

We have applied for L1/L2 visas this year - I was granted L1 on the appointment day, but my husband has a +10y small criminal record so he was recommended for a waiver on that same day.

We received an update to submit his passport 3 weeks after appointment, alongside a request for an international money order. (I didn’t see many people here mentioning money orders, but we had a lof of issues to find one in London, and I ended up getting one from the US, so it took us almost a month to be able to submit his passport).

It has now been over two weeks that his passport has been submitted, and his case keeps getting new dates under ‘case last updated’ status, but it remains as Administrative Processing.

We are supposed to fly to Greece in 12 days for his brother wedding, and are quite desperated whether or not we’ll have his passport back by then.

We don’t know how to better contact the embassy (and if they would give us any updated timings) because we tried contacting them during the money order process (calls, Skype, email, popped in the Embassy), and no one could give us a clear answer on that.

Is anyone here also waiting plus 2 weeks to get their passport back?

Timeline -
Embassy appointment - 30 March
Email to submit passport + international money order - 20 April
Passport dropped off at DX - 16 May
Passport received at embassy - 17 May
Status changed to Administrative Processing - 24 May
Case Last Updated on 27 May and 31 May but with no changes on ‘Administrative Processing’
no experience with waivers, but I was in NZ when my L1a visa was being stamped in the UK.

you talk about his passport like they are singular thing not plural: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...onal-passports

I think I had to have my 1st UK passport when I applied for the 2nd, but may be worth looking at as an option, I did it same day in Victoria.
Old Jun 2nd 2022, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Mwal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody,
I'm in a similar position to some of the others posting here who are awaiting issuance after sending in their passport.

DX delivered to embassy on 18th.

This means there were 10 working days as of yesterday. I doubt I'm going to be making my flight with my girlfriend next Wednesday (especially considering the bank holidays).

My question is: there appears to be quite a range of times for processing (even for people who sent their passport in in a similar time frame). Does anyone have any insight into why the processing time fluctuates so much?

I'm wondering whether there's something about the age (2020) or type (B2) of my application that influences the priority of processing?

Last edited by Mwal; Jun 2nd 2022 at 11:51 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2022, 11:56 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=graham8219;13107224]Still awaiting my passport back from the Embassy. I have emailed twice but I get a standard response without actually answering my questions.

Hi Graham,

​​​​​​Did you get everything sorted in the end? I'm interested in what the total processing time was.

Thanks!
Old Jun 2nd 2022, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Passport issuance definitely seems a bit slower than it used to be. 5-7 working days was normal pre pandemic, it now seems more like 12-15 working days.
Old Jun 2nd 2022, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot of the info. I've been really unsure of what to do for my girlfriend's sake. I wouldn't want to ask her to go out there for multiple weeks waiting for me.
​​​​​

could be worse I suppose 😅
Old Jun 2nd 2022, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

MM2022 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks tht for the advice. We contacted Passport Adviceline and they said his case wouldn't be applicable (because the urgent trip is a wedding), but we will keep researching it.

The US embassy is closed for 3 days this week because of US/UK bank holidays so I imagine this also causes an additional delay to the process...
Old Jun 5th 2022, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Hi guys, my only other question on this topic that I've been really struggling to answer was about what stage of the process my application is in.

I applied in 2019 and after my case was referred for a waiver of ineligibility we went into a global lock-down. I got my passport back a few months later (summer of 2020). I then heard nothing until a few months ago when I was asked whether I would like to continue my application. The exact phrasing was as follows:

'Please advise if you still wish to pursue your application for a Nonimmigrant visa. If yes, submit your new travel itinerary to: [email protected] . Please provide approximately where, when and for how long you intend to travel, so we can continue processing your visa.'

After requesting the continuation of my application i was asked for my passport and a recent photo.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether my case will have passed the department of homeland security vetting or not?

Many thanks in advance, you guys do god's work!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.