Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Aug 3rd 2016, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Rud1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes... because her L-2 visa is wholly dependent on your L-1 visa. Since your L-1 visa has not yet been approved, her dependent visa suffers. Once the waiver is approved and, subsequently, your visa is approved, her visa will also be approved. Had her application not been included with yours, it would have been much simpler to wait until after your waiver/visa was approved and then apply at that time. But, water under the bridge now.

The good news, of course, is that you were recommended for a waiver, and the overwhelmingly vast majority of waivers are eventually approved.

If the child is born prior to you entering the US, she will require a visa. If she is born while you're in the US, she will be a US citizen and likely a dual US/UK citizen - assuming you and/or your wife can pass UK citizenship to the child.

The baby must have a visa, but will not need to attend an interview.

Yes, but this would be exceedingly awkward for all concerned... and there's an easy fix: a visa!

While it may seem counter-intuitive, at this point in time I suggest you do nothing until your waiver/visa is approved... and then apply for a dependent L-2 visa on her behalf.

Oh dear!

Nor should you! Still, that was the company's decision and you must now live with the ramifications of their poor choice!

Ian
Ian, Thanks for the sharp response.

Yes our child is born now, so evidently we should start the proceedings as soon as we receive the waiver. May I ask if you know whether she becomes a part of our application (addition to the existing application) as our child or must we (nominated tardy 3rd party) start individual visa application solely for her? Any information you may have on expected timescales for either process are of course appreciated *but not taken as gospel!*

Either way, I would hope that this application would not be completed before I hopefully receive my waiver. Having waited so long I would imagine my company will press us into action so to speak. In this case - the ESTA may be an option. Also it may not be as much of a pain; as my wife would likely want to visit home again and can then do so in the first 90 days.

May I ask do you know how long she would be required to stay in the UK again before travelling back our with her daughter to recommence the next 90 day period?

Thanks.
Old Aug 4th 2016, 12:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rud1
May I ask if you know whether she becomes a part of our application (addition to the existing application) as our child or must we (nominated tardy 3rd party) start individual visa application solely for her?
She will not be part of your existing application. However, for her to get a dependent visa she'll need only two things: proof of your valid L-1 visa (which is why you want to wait until the waiver is approved), and a copy of her birth certificate showing you as the father. It's an easy process and quite quick - usually just a day or two.

I would hope that this application would not be completed before I hopefully receive my waiver.
Don't apply for her visa until after you have the waiver and valid visa.

May I ask do you know how long she would be required to stay in the UK again before travelling back our with her daughter to recommence the next 90 day period?
More than 90 days if they want to maximize their chance of success for entering the US.

My recommendation: just don't do it... don't even bother. It's mind boggling the number of ways people try to accommodate their employers when it's you and your family that are being used. They approached you; you're doing them the favor... not the other way around. Don't forget it. A few extra days vs endless worry using ESTA... totally not worth it.

Ian
Old Aug 5th 2016, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

James2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have my interview at the US embassy booked, however I was wondering if anyone can remind me how you change your interview time/date online?

When I went through this process in 2014 there was a website where you could effectively reschedule your appointment for any of the slots that were available at that time, and in the end I actually managed to bring my interview forward by a couple of weeks as a result?
Can anyone direct me to the correct site for this as I have struggled to find it this time round?

Thanks.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Puggielou is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all I posted in here a while back, just cam back as we got the much awaited email to now send passport of for visa.

We have waited 21weeks my husbands interview was 9th March.

Suppose all cases are different but thought posting may help someone
Old Aug 5th 2016, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James2014
I have my interview at the US embassy booked, however I was wondering if anyone can remind me how you change your interview time/date online?
To my knowledge, it's the same web site: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb. Simply open your account and search for a new date.

Ian
Old Aug 5th 2016, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

hsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Puggielou
Hello all I posted in here a while back, just cam back as we got the much awaited email to now send passport of for visa.

Hello
Great news. Can I ask was your interview in London
Old Aug 5th 2016, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hsc0307
Hello
Great news. Can I ask was your interview in London
Hi it was yes
Old Aug 5th 2016, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

hsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi it was yes
Thanks, you have given me renewed hope.
Best of luck
Old Aug 5th 2016, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hsc0307
Thanks, you have given me renewed hope.
Best of luck
Most definitely have hope, I was not expecting to hear anything until at least October I am ever so pleased we have finally heard back
Old Aug 5th 2016, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

Don't suppose anyone knows what I send with the passport and letter they have sent to go to London for the visa to be issued??
Old Aug 5th 2016, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

Don't suppose anyone knows what I send with the passport and letter they have sent to go to London for the visa to be issued??
What makes you think you need anything other than the passport and letter? If they wanted anything else they would have asked for it!

Ian
Old Aug 7th 2016, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Rud1 is an unknown quantity at this point

May I ask what the email address was. Just to be extra sure that I have the core g email address's added to my safe senders list

Thanks.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

James2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
To my knowledge, it's the same web site: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb. Simply open your account and search for a new date.

Ian

Thanks Ian; that is indeed the one.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

NeverForget84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all I hope everyone is well. In follow up to my previous posts, I just need some quick clarification prior to my appointment next week in London on 19.08.2016.

Basically I'm not 100% sure what I need to take with me... Am I right in think I need to take my passport, copy of the DS 160 and my police ACRO certificate?

Do I need to take a 2x2" picture? Even though my DS160 has already got my picture.

And also do I need to take the VCU01 form?

Sorry for asking these questions, I'm sure they have been answered many a time before but I want to be 10000% sure.

Many thanks in advance!
Old Aug 8th 2016, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NeverForget84
Hi all I hope everyone is well. In follow up to my previous posts, I just need some quick clarification prior to my appointment next week in London on 19.08.2016.

Basically I'm not 100% sure what I need to take with me... Am I right in think I need to take my passport, copy of the DS 160 and my police ACRO certificate?

Do I need to take a 2x2" picture? Even though my DS160 has already got my picture.

And also do I need to take the VCU01 form?

Sorry for asking these questions, I'm sure they have been answered many a time before but I want to be 10000% sure.

Many thanks in advance!
Hi definitely take te VCU 01 form. Make sure the ACRO certificate is less Tha 6 months old. I would take the photo as well. Better to have it and not need it....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.