Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Aug 22nd 2016, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

BecBoo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by hsc0307
Hi BecBoo1
Which email address did you contact the developer embassy?
My 24th week has started and I would like to make sure that they have my correct email....desperate times....
Hi Hsc0307,
I contacted the embassy by using the contact form on their website. Hope this helps
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by James2014
Yes all the information I provided this time and last time are identical, the only difference is the ACPO certificate itself.

Hopefully it will be ok but if anyone has any experiance of going to the embassy with a certificate reading 'no live trace' I would be very interested to hear of how it went.
Hi James2014,
my dad had no live trace on his ACRO certificate, but he had to fill in the VDU01 form to declare what was originally on there we didn't take any court records or anything, and the CO seemed happy with everything and recommended him for a 5 year waiver. So your certificate is now saying that your conviction is spent
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

James2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BecBoo1
Hi James2014,
my dad had no live trace on his ACRO certificate, but he had to fill in the VDU01 form to declare what was originally on there we didn't take any court records or anything, and the CO seemed happy with everything and recommended him for a 5 year waiver. So your certificate is now saying that your conviction is spent

Hi BecBoo,

Thanks for the info, that is quire reassuring.

With regards to the VDU01 form, is this something he had to fill out at the interview at the embassy, or in advnace of that? It's not a form that actually sounds familiar to me to be honest unless I have filled it out without realsiing what it was called...

Cheers.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 10:56 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BecBoo,

With regards to the VDU01 form, is this something he had to fill out at the interview at the embassy, or in advnace of that? It's not a form that actually sounds familiar to me to be honest unless I have filled it out without realsiing what it was called...

Cheers.
Perhaps VCU01 form? typo in earlier post?
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Perhaps VCU01 form? typo in earlier post?

Still doesn't ring a bell to be honest, but perhaps I just wasn't familar with the name of the form when filling it out.

I have filled out the very longwinded questionaire which everyone must in order to schedule an appointment at the embassy (takes about 2 hours). Is this the VCU01 form, or is it something separate to that?

Thanks.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

hsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond repute

Still doesn't ring a bell to be honest, but perhaps I just wasn't familar with the name of the form when filling it out.

I have filled out the very longwinded questionaire which everyone must in order to schedule an appointment at the embassy (takes about 2 hours). Is this the VCU01 form, or is it something separate to that?

Thanks.
The VCU-01 form needs to be filled in online, printed and signed. Then take that with you to the interview
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Hi BecBoo,

Cheers.
It should be done before the interview but we wasn't aware at the time, so the embassy gave us one to fill out on the day of the interview. If you look on the US Embassy website I believe it's on there I'm pretty sure it's called a VDU01 form.
I will have a quick look and let you know.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

The VCU-01 form needs to be filled in online, printed and signed. Then take that with you to the interview

Yeah I believe that is the one I have filled out already.
You have to upload an image at the end of the form, right?
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Yeah I believe that is the one I have filled out already.
You have to upload an image at the end of the form, right?
The one that you upload a photo is the DS160 application then you also need to fill out the VCU1 form also. On this form you need to put your personal details including the date and conviction and the court you attended and the sentence you recivced if any, then sign and date it.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BecBoo1
The one that you upload a photo is the DS160 application then you also need to fill out the VCU1 form also. On this form you need to put your personal details including the date and conviction and the court you attended and the sentence you recivced if any, then sign and date it.

I have provided all that information previoulsy in great detail, but thought it was within the same form where you upload an image of yourself at the end.
I will double check later when home from work to make sure though.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 12:11 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... do the embassy accept this in the same way they would if it clearly detailed the convictions?
Yes - because they understand that, over a period of time, convictions slip off the radar. They want an ACPO certificate - and that is what you will provide to them.

Ian
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 12:13 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

It has changed to NO LIVE TRACE due to a a period of time lapsing but this will not carry any weight with the embassy.
In fact, it will carry weight - because it demonstrates that sufficient time has passed since the incident.

Ian
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes - because they understand that, over a period of time, convictions slip off the radar. They want an ACPO certificate - and that is what you will provide to them.

Ian

Thanks Ian; as always your comments are much appreciated.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

hsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone,
Just received the long awaited email. I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the advice and support. Hang in there TWP and BecBoo1. Special thanks to Ian.
So timescales were as follows:
E2 interview 15/03/2016 London
Email received 25/08/2016
So 23 weeks and 2 days.
Good luck to everyone waiting, it will happen just keep being patient.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 1:40 am
Just Joined

TheWaitingPlace is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats hsc0307. Really pleased for you!
Seems strange that yours took 5 months when I'm already over 7. I wonder if type of visa/offence makes a difference.
What email address did it come from please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.