British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Telling it How it is. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/telling-how-719371/)

bobthedog Sep 9th 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
It certainly looks that way, Roy, but given how so many have abused the system it is, in some ways, unsurprising.

Now I have to be careful how I word this sort of thing as there are many that will dive right in, and I don't really want the thread hijacked again. But the education limits were sort of in place when I moved here. I only needed a letter from my old secondary school stating that I had completed secondary education, though.

I am sorry to hear of this. There are many here who seem to struggle with spoken English, let alone written. Half of them only seemed to qualify to be here because their spouses had enough skills, and it is a pity some of them managed I suppose, given these new circumstances.

I am not sure what right of appeal these folks have, although there must be something I hope.

Gremmie Sep 13th 2011 7:01 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
Ok did a bit of research, and spoke with some buddies that know a bit more about this than me, and the answers came back as follows. It is thought that because most Truck driving jobs require that you have a "high school education" this means you have passed high shool and have your diploma.ie passed. The UK equiverlent is calculated to be 5 O'levels, and its this level that was introduced at the begining of the year. This has affected many, and what most have done is by a calculator and the books and have studied on the road to take and pass the GED exam:thumbup: That the poster on here decided to up tail and run is his own fault IMHO.
Also what many are miss understanding is that they are being offered a TWP and therefore a temporary position, usually for 1 year. They are NOT being offered a permenant job with PR. The PR can be applied for after 6 months from a completely different goverment body.

dave_lol66 Sep 13th 2011 7:08 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9618888)
Ok did a bit of research, and spoke with some buddies that know a bit more about this than me, and the answers came back as follows. It is thought that because most Truck driving jobs require that you have a "high school education" this means you have passed high shool and have your diploma.ie passed. The UK equiverlent is calculated to be 5 O'levels, and its this level that was introduced at the begining of the year. This has affected many, and what most have done is by a calculator and the books and have studied on the road to take and pass the GED exam:thumbup: That the poster on here decided to up tail and run is his own fault IMHO.
Also what many are miss understanding is that they are being offered a TWP and therefore a temporary position, usually for 1 year. They are NOT being offered a permenant job with PR. The PR can be applied for after 6 months from a completely different goverment body.

Pr can be applied for and gained before even arriving in the country if using PNP

kb33 Sep 13th 2011 7:30 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
No it cant

Big Truck Sep 13th 2011 7:50 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9618888)
The UK equiverlent is calculated to be 5 O'levels, and its this level that was introduced at the begining of the year. This has affected many, and what most have done is by a calculator and the books and have studied on the road to take and pass the GED exam

So one GED exam is the equivalent of five O levels?:confused:

dave_lol66 Sep 13th 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 9618946)
No it cant

Sorry to spoil your fun but you are wrong once again, I know of 3 families that have arrived in Mb with pr, 2 of them without even setting foot in Canada:p:p:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gremmie Sep 13th 2011 8:36 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9619071)
Sorry to spoil your fun but you are wrong once again, I know of 3 families that have arrived in Mb with pr, 2 of them without even setting foot in Canada:p:p:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes we all know you can arrive with PR having gone through the 4 year wait etc. But you cant apply for PR before you arrive through the PNP system, apples and oranges here Dave, 2 different systems.

Gremmie Sep 13th 2011 8:39 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 9618989)
So one GED exam is the equivalent of five O levels?:confused:

Basicly GED encompasses all subjects at school and proves you have passed and completed high school, you can complete high school but not pass and get your diploma, which meens you havent finished high school. 5 GSE meens you have completed and passed in the UK.

kb33 Sep 13th 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9619071)
Sorry to spoil your fun but you are wrong once again, I know of 3 families that have arrived in Mb with pr, 2 of them without even setting foot in Canada:p:p:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This thread as always been about the Alberta PNP , and you have to work for the company for at least 6 months before you could be eligible to even apply for nomination . You would find it hard gaining PR if you stayed in the UK under those rules.

No one ever mentioned Manitoba PNP :confused:

dave_lol66 Sep 13th 2011 10:43 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9619106)
Yes we all know you can arrive with PR having gone through the 4 year wait etc. But you cant apply for PR before you arrive through the PNP system, apples and oranges here Dave, 2 different systems.

Not in the least bit true. In Mb I know 3 families who gained pr in less than a year through pnp with BFS 2 of them had never stepped foot in Canada. Read the post, that is what I said so apples and apples.
We ourselves had gained pnp status and applied fpr pr before arriving in Canada but had our original application returned.

kb33 Sep 14th 2011 12:29 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
As a Candidate in the long-haul trucking industry, you must also:

Be working for your Alberta Employer as a long-haul truck driver (refer to definitions above)
Show you have an Alberta Class 1 driver's license and are eligible to meet provincial regulations.
Provide a copy of your foreign driver's license which indicates C+E certification (if from Europe).
Both parts of the license must be provided. If the driver's license is not in English, it must be translated by a certified translator.
Be employed in Alberta for a minimum of six months before applying to the AINP.
Have driven in a professional capacity before coming to Canada and provide sufficient credible documentation to demonstrate your previous driving related training (hazardous goods, etc.) and work experience.
You must provide reference letters on company letterhead, dated, and signed with the title or position of the individual from the company who is providing the reference. E-mail letters are acceptable if they are sent from the e-mail account of the company that is providing the references (not hotmail, gmail or yahoo accounts). The letter must state the occupation of the employee, either HGV/LGV driver, and/or describe the work they performed which clearly indicates the equipment that was driven (articulated, semi, reefer, tanker, etc.).
Preference will be given to drivers who can demonstrate a minimum of three out of the last five years’ work experience as a HGV/LGV driver.



Taken from the official AINP website and to confirm that you CANNOT apply for PR whilst still in the UK under the AINP rules

Take no notice of dave_lol66 he is just here for an argument and serves no other purpose than to bait other members , Bit like BT then :rofl::rofl:

clicky

dave_lol66 Sep 14th 2011 2:01 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 9619466)
As a Candidate in the long-haul trucking industry, you must also:

Be working for your Alberta Employer as a long-haul truck driver (refer to definitions above)
Show you have an Alberta Class 1 driver's license and are eligible to meet provincial regulations.
Provide a copy of your foreign driver's license which indicates C+E certification (if from Europe).
Both parts of the license must be provided. If the driver's license is not in English, it must be translated by a certified translator.
Be employed in Alberta for a minimum of six months before applying to the AINP.
Have driven in a professional capacity before coming to Canada and provide sufficient credible documentation to demonstrate your previous driving related training (hazardous goods, etc.) and work experience.
You must provide reference letters on company letterhead, dated, and signed with the title or position of the individual from the company who is providing the reference. E-mail letters are acceptable if they are sent from the e-mail account of the company that is providing the references (not hotmail, gmail or yahoo accounts). The letter must state the occupation of the employee, either HGV/LGV driver, and/or describe the work they performed which clearly indicates the equipment that was driven (articulated, semi, reefer, tanker, etc.).
Preference will be given to drivers who can demonstrate a minimum of three out of the last five years’ work experience as a HGV/LGV driver.



Taken from the official AINP website and to confirm that you CANNOT apply for PR whilst still in the UK under the AINP rules

Take no notice of dave_lol66 he is just here for an argument and serves no other purpose than to bait other members , Bit like BT then :rofl::rofl:

clicky

Three times I have stated that is not the case in Mb so who isbeing argumentative apart from you:rofl::rofl::rofl: I have given those cases for a balanced view of the situation across Canada not just your skewed version:lol:

kb33 Sep 14th 2011 2:19 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Pr can be applied for and gained before even arriving in the country if using PNP
This is what you first posted , Where does it say Manitoba ??

Completely confusing and misleading information.

If you want to talk about MB PNP start another thread . ;)

Big Truck Sep 14th 2011 6:04 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9619120)
Basicly GED encompasses all subjects at school and proves you have passed and completed high school, you can complete high school but not pass and get your diploma, which meens you havent finished high school. 5 GSE meens you have completed and passed in the UK.

There is a MASSIVE difference in having "passed and completed high school" and having completed high school with 5 O level/GCSE/CSE higher grades!!!!!:blink:

The majority of UK citizens leaving high school over the past 30 odd years would have the required 5 "PASSES" of GCSE/GCE O level/CSE's BUT not all would have the grade c or above in GCSE/GCE's or grade1 in CSE that employers here look at to judge grades.;)

Gremmie Sep 14th 2011 1:02 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 9619912)
There is a MASSIVE difference in having "passed and completed high school" and having completed high school with 5 O level/GCSE/CSE higher grades!!!!!:blink:

The majority of UK citizens leaving high school over the past 30 odd years would have the required 5 "PASSES" of GCSE/GCE O level/CSE's BUT not all would have the grade c or above in GCSE/GCE's or grade1 in CSE that employers here look at to judge grades.;)

Having completed and passed High School in Canada has been rated as equivalent to having 5 UK O'levels, which bit don't you understand.:confused::confused: You obviously didn't pass the 11+:rofl::rofl:


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:24 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.