British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Telling it How it is. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/telling-how-719371/)

nianiamh Sep 22nd 2011 8:57 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.

Originally Posted by CurtNIR (Post 9636731)
Why does it say you have to have worked in the province for 6 months, before applying ?

How did you get around that? :confused:

What from my post makes you think i "got around something"
there was nothing to get around if you read it you`ll see that i followed the instructions given to me by CIC :rolleyes:

I think you`ll find thoses who come over on the HRSDC program get nominated after 6mths for the PNP program and then go through that to PR,
but as i don`t work for CIC or write there web site it may well be worth finding out from the embassy itself, in which case you my as well just go down the route of applying for immigration direct as the 4 to 5 year time frame to PR will come quicker than getting any joy with a question over the phone :rofl::rofl::rofl:

flat to the mat Sep 23rd 2011 12:44 am

You're a lucky man,wished I'd known about/had been able to set the ball rolling towards PR whilst waiting to move over :( Seems to me the goalposts change depending on the individual or which day of the week it is:huh:.
How's the plastic Pete?:D

CurtNIR Sep 24th 2011 8:20 am

So you got a letter of approval posted to you in the UK, from the MPNP, to attach to your PR application then?

dave_lol66 Sep 24th 2011 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by CurtNIR (Post 9639493)
So you got a letter of approval posted to you in the UK, from the MPNP, to attach to your PR application then?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

nianiamh Sep 25th 2011 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 9637176)
You're a lucky man,wished I'd known about/had been able to set the ball rolling towards PR whilst waiting to move over :( Seems to me the goalposts change depending on the individual or which day of the week it is:huh:.
How's the plastic Pete?:D

The plastic pig is going fine fttm :rofl:

It defo made thing nice and easy being able to go through cic in london thats for sure

nianiamh Sep 25th 2011 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by CurtNIR (Post 9639493)

As i have already said my application was returned to me from cic canada as i was residing in the uk for me to submit it to cic in london.

koogar Sep 25th 2011 8:16 pm

Good afternoon. :)

dave_lol66 Sep 27th 2011 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by koogar (Post 9641522)

Good afternoon and congratulations on your citizenship:thumbup::thumbup:

Gremmie Sep 27th 2011 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by koogar (Post 9641522)

Bloody yank:p:p

koogar Oct 2nd 2011 12:47 am

Haha. Thanks Dave,
And thanks to you too Gremmie.
This little thread was an interesting read.
Glad to see you're all still getting along up there. :huh:
Hope you're all well.

HeadingNorth May 8th 2012 12:41 am

OK so for a close to this thread:

We became Permanent Residents of Canada a couple of weeks ago.

Ours was a particularly long and arduous route to residency,which I would wish on nobody.

All I can say is if you're coming to Canada then hopefully you will progress through the immigration process quicker and easier than we did.
BUT if it goes adrift all I can say is that I hope you have a string relationship as it certainly pushed our marriage to new tests of strength!

It would appear that the immigration process has got a little quicker lately,judging by those behind me in the process.

Was it worth it? Well we think so,but my last piece of advice is to be prepared for the worst as it might just happen.

kb33 May 8th 2012 3:23 am

Congrats on the PR Roy , Great to finally meet up with you the other week :thumbsup:

Gremmie May 8th 2012 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by HeadingNorth (Post 10047076)

Ours was a particularly long and arduous route to residency,which I would wish on nobody.

All I can say is if you're coming to Canada then hopefully you will progress through the immigration process quicker and easier than we did.
BUT if it goes adrift all I can say is that I hope you have a string relationship as it certainly pushed our marriage to new tests of strength!

It would appear that the immigration process has got a little quicker lately,judging by those behind me in the process.

Was it worth it? Well we think so,but my last piece of advice is to be prepared for the worst as it might just happen.

Well done:thumbsup:

HeadingNorth May 9th 2012 11:33 pm

Thank you both!

nwtrucker May 11th 2012 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by HeadingNorth (Post 10047076)

Congratulations! We're still waiting for approval on Family Class, 10 & half months now! The wait is driving us stir crazy! Plus, the goalposts have moved with regard to SINP family stream, i.e. the job offer has to be in the NOC skilled lists. Thankfully this doesn't affect existing applications! They are obviously trying to slow down applications and/or push up the quality of workforce they are wanting! I hope to God we hear something soon!! Grrr!