British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Telling it How it is. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/telling-how-719371/)

dave_lol66 Jun 12th 2011 11:03 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 9426881)
The comments were a private joke that's all, Nothing childish, Just a bit of banter , But seen as you are no friend of mine on FB , You must have been snooping on Roy's profile to have read the conversation , So who's pathetic now ?

As far as I'm concerned we are bringing to the attention of any would be immigrants to Alberta the pitfalls that they may come across in gaining PR , Is that so wrong ?? Please don't confuse this with Mcfly's rantings either , That's been going on for far too long and he didn't even get to the nomination stage :rofl::rofl:

You were the leader of the BTD witch hunt , Doesn't even compare with this , That was a private matter which some of you wanted to be made public but only told half the story , Then when others asked what was going of you told them to mind their own f**** business , Now that was very grown up of you ;)

In fact since that fall out with BTD you have become very argumentative and confrontational on the forums , Maybe its a coincidence but I doubt it.

Are you really so insecure that you have to lie about past events and comments to try and argue your case.
Facebook is public and Roy is a facebook friend of mine so no snooping but yes childish remarks!
Mickfly tells his story you slag him off and shoot him down, Roy tells his story you defend him for doing the same as Mickfly!
You know nothing of what went on with BTD and he was the one who brought it onto the internet and these forums, check back it's all still here!
My aggression is no coincidence, I cant stand fools! :rofl::rofl:

kb33 Jun 12th 2011 11:58 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9428308)
Are you really so insecure that you have to lie about past events and comments to try and argue your case.
Facebook is public and Roy is a facebook friend of mine so no snooping but yes childish remarks!
Mickfly tells his story you slag him off and shoot him down, Roy tells his story you defend him for doing the same as Mickfly!
You know nothing of what went on with BTD and he was the one who brought it onto the internet and these forums, check back it's all still here!
My aggression is no coincidence, I cant stand fools! :rofl::rofl:

Me insecure :rofl::rofl: and were did I lie ??

I really cant be arsed to argue anymore , If you cant see (or too thick ) to see the massive difference between Roy's and Mcflys case then I'm waisting my time , You had to look into Roy's profile on FB to see the conversation , in other words you went looking for something .

I don't know what went on with you and BTD but you turned the thread into a big slag-fest , Just like you are doing with this one ;) and Tnet ! :rofl::rofl:

dave_lol66 Jun 13th 2011 12:35 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 9417736)
I knew from FB how the guy was feeling

:thumbup::thumbup::rofl::rofl:
You tell us its on FB then have a pop for me looking and according to FB own definition "is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with friends"
So where is the snooping:confused::confused:
You and Roy are telling your tales of woe exactly as Mickfly has and still does, No difference whatsoever, warning of the pitfalls as you both put it:rofl::rofl:

bobthedog Jun 13th 2011 1:01 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
There are always pitfalls and risks involved. Nobody can ever question that. But as I recall, Dave, myself and someone else I can't recall actually offered Roy all assistance, including somewhere to live, to relocate to Manitoba. The offers were genuine enough because we were all saddened to see what had happened to him out there, and there were very few issues here or in SK at the time. The truth of it is that those offers would still stand. There is also a good chance that contact with MPNP and an explanation of the circumstances would result in Manitoba accepting them to this Province almost right away. It would be better use of anyones time to enquire than to be getting flak on here.
In fact, there is one company which Dave or myself would probably recommend in this area that is able to get LMOs in fairly short order at the moment. It is well known that AB requires "sponsorship" from the company while MB only requires you to be permanantly employed.

Thus, the main thing was that Roy felt he had a better chance in Alberta and stayed there. that was his choice.

dave_lol66 Jun 13th 2011 1:30 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by bobthedog (Post 9428422)
There are always pitfalls and risks involved. Nobody can ever question that. But as I recall, Dave, myself and someone else I can't recall actually offered Roy all assistance, including somewhere to live, to relocate to Manitoba. The offers were genuine enough because we were all saddened to see what had happened to him out there, and there were very few issues here or in SK at the time. The truth of it is that those offers would still stand. There is also a good chance that contact with MPNP and an explanation of the circumstances would result in Manitoba accepting them to this Province almost right away. It would be better use of anyones time to enquire than to be getting flak on here.
In fact, there is one company which Dave or myself would probably recommend in this area that is able to get LMOs in fairly short order at the moment. It is well known that AB requires "sponsorship" from the company while MB only requires you to be permanantly employed.

Thus, the main thing was that Roy felt he had a better chance in Alberta and stayed there. that was his choice.

Thank you, I don't understand why it is everyone elses fault that Roy has had problems, you are absolutely correct about the genuine help and the fact it is still on offer but it was his choice to remain in Ab and out of work but to then complain about it and goad others into an argument then take the piss on FB is unbelievably childish and pathetic.

kb33 Jun 13th 2011 1:33 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9428399)
You tell us its on FB then have a pop for me looking and according to FB own definition "is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with friends"
So where is the snooping:confused::confused:
You and Roy are telling your tales of woe exactly as Mickfly has and still does, No difference whatsoever, warning of the pitfalls as you both put it:rofl::rofl:


OK OK I will spell it out for you in plain English so even you can understand ;)

Your not a friend of mine on FB but you are with Roy right ?

So the conversation would not have been visible to you on Roy's wall. So you log onto FB and you would have no idea the conversation ever existed in other words

So you must have taken the trouble to go into Roy's profile to see the conversation , Now do you do this on daily basis or were you just curious as to who Roy as been talking to ? especially after this thread. (you were basically ear wigging a conversation , bit like you would in a pub , only you decided to butt in and cause an argument)

Its certainly not something I can be bothered to do that's for sure. The wife maybe :o;)

Second point :

Mcflys argument was with a particular Trucking company and his personal treatment by that company right ?? So really the events only affected him (Although I have no doubt they have affected a few other drivers , But certainly not everyone of them )

In Roy's case its a Provincial and Federal problem, So it affects everyone coming to Alberta and to some extent Canada and its not just Truckers .

I know this for a fact as I speak to other drivers affected by this on a daily basis , So its not sour grapes by one man that's for sure.

Its not one man's grievance against one company, It affects everyone coming to Canada on a TWP.

If you need any more clarification just let me know :)

dave_lol66 Jun 13th 2011 1:39 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 9428451)
OK OK I will spell it out for you in plain English so even you can understand ;)

Your not a friend of mine on FB but you are with Roy right ?

So the conversation would not have been visible to you on Roy's wall. So you log onto FB and you would have no idea the conversation ever existed in other words

So you must have taken the trouble to go into Roy's profile to see the conversation , Now do you do this on daily basis or were you just curious as to who Roy as been talking to ? especially after this thread. (you were basically ear wigging a conversation , bit like you would in a pub , only you decided to butt in and cause an argument)

Its certainly not something I can be bothered to do that's for sure. The wife maybe :o;)

Second point :

Mcflys argument was with a particular Trucking company and his personal treatment by that company right ?? So really the events only affected him (Although I have no doubt they have affected a few other drivers , But certainly not everyone of them )

In Roy's case its a Provincial and Federal problem, So it affects everyone coming to Alberta and to some extent Canada and its not just Truckers .

I know this for a fact as I speak to other drivers affected by this on a daily basis , So its not sour grapes by one man that's for sure.

Its not one man's grievance against one company, It affects everyone coming to Canada on a TWP.

If you need any more clarification just let me know :)

Obviously not very good at spelling then are we:rofl::rofl:
As a fb friend of Roy everything on his wall is visible to me so no snooping required, isn't that what fb is for???? or is it just to take the piss out of people you think can't read it:unsure:
Same thing with Mickfly, telling his story that could affect the biggest percentage of drivers coming to Ab.
So grow up, quit the personal insults and be a man, admit when you are wrong or carry on with FB like your wife:o:rofl:

kb33 Jun 13th 2011 1:45 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Thus, the main thing was that Roy felt he had a better chance in Alberta and stayed there. that was his choice.
Now here lies the problem , How did he know the Alberta PNP were going to play hard to get ? How did he know CIC processing times would lengthen considerably ? As this wasn't the case when he started with Westcan

Were all pretty clever with hindsight aren't we ?

And it ain't that easy to sell your house and move thousands of miles away and start again , especially as you didn't want to live there in the first place.

kb33 Jun 13th 2011 1:49 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9428455)
Obviously not very good at spelling then are we:rofl::rofl:
As a fb friend of Roy everything on his wall is visible to me so no snooping required, isn't that what fb is for???? or is it just to take the piss out of people you think can't read it:unsure:
Same thing with Mickfly, telling his story that could affect the biggest percentage of drivers coming to Ab.
So grow up, quit the personal insults and be a man, admit when you are wrong or carry on with FB like your wife:o:rofl:

BS

It like debating with a ten year old , honestly do you actually read anything that's posted or just spout your own crap when suits your needs. Go back to Tnet ;)

dave_lol66 Jun 13th 2011 1:53 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 9428469)
BS

It like debating with a ten year old , honestly do you actually read anything that's posted or just spout your own crap when suits your needs. Go back to Tnet ;)

If its bs why be so offensive then? A true sign of insecurity:rofl::rofl:

dave_lol66 Jun 13th 2011 1:59 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 9428464)
Now here lies the problem , How did he know the Alberta PNP were going to play hard to get ? How did he know CIC processing times would lengthen considerably ? As this wasn't the case when he started with Westcan

Were all pretty clever with hindsight aren't we ?

And it ain't that easy to sell your house and move thousands of miles away and start again , especially as you didn't want to live there in the first place.

So I will repeat my previous statement and question from page 3 that you seem to have conveniently skipped over.
Why don't you tell us how long you were actually out of work while waiting for LMO's/work permits and then tell us that you didn't realise that their was a problem ocurring with pnp/immigration in Alberta!!!
99.9% of drivers come here with one main aim, PR. Now if there is a problem with applications for WP or LMO's when other provinces were still handing them out and you choose to stay in Ab then that is your choice

kb33 Jun 13th 2011 2:05 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9428483)
So I will repeat my previous statement and question from page 3 that you seem to have conveniently skipped over.
Why don't you tell us how long you were actually out of work while waiting for LMO's/work permits and then tell us that you didn't realise that their was a problem ocurring with pnp/immigration in Alberta!!!
99.9% of drivers come here with one main aim, PR. Now if there is a problem with applications for WP or LMO's when other provinces were still handing them out and you choose to stay in Ab then that is your choice

You are getting confused again Dave , Read the thread again , Then come back to me.

FWIW I had to wait 8 weeks for an LMO back in 2007 when things were a lot simpler , That's a long time to be out of work and no money coming in.

kb33 Jun 13th 2011 2:33 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9428476)
If its bs why be so offensive then? A true sign of insecurity:rofl::rofl:

Because your annoying me with your argumentative attitude , Nothing to do with insecurity :)

bobthedog Jun 13th 2011 5:05 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
Kev, if Dave had commented on Roys FB post, or even "liked" it, then any responses would be on notification to Daves wall. Therefore, he would have been notified of you commenting on the same post.
Don't make Dave out to be some crazed stalker because that simply isn't fair. As for the differences between Dave, Mark, Neal and myself, well as far as I am concerned it is way past and water under the bridge. It has no place here. Raising them now is a waste of time.

No, I agree it is not easy to sell up and move, but losing everything thanks to APNP is no different, surely? If you are going to take a hit then you are, and the best thing to do is make it as gentle as possible. Many of us have had hard times here. Hell, my wife got cancer, got cured, lot sick again and died.

So take any attitude you have of ivory towers and poke them where the sun don't shine because there are very few of us here have had an easy ride. So you see how it is in general, we got our PR after most others, reall. Took 2 1/2 years for us. None of it was easy.

Roy has had several offers of several types. He is still here and still getting by. I wanted to think he was just having a bad day when he posted this on BTA, but then I was told it was here and flying along so I looked. So it is clear that he is disheartened and upset, and I can understand that very well.

In all fairness, he would be looked after by many of us. It may not be ideal, but it is better than this. The fact that AB are way behind, and that they are a bit strange in how they do things, has been public record for a while. People are still going there and people will still get accepted. Roy should be in contact with them to see what is happening.. That would be better than this.

dave_lol66 Jun 13th 2011 10:43 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 9428543)
Because your annoying me with your argumentative attitude , Nothing to do with insecurity :)

It takes more than 1 person to have an argument:rofl::rofl:


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:02 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.