British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Telling it How it is. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/telling-how-719371/)

Gremmie Sep 14th 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9619594)
Three times I have stated that is not the case in Mb so who isbeing argumentative apart from you:rofl::rofl::rofl: I have given those cases for a balanced view of the situation across Canada not just your skewed version:lol:

Doh !!!
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they will settle permanently in Manitoba. They must have been working in Manitoba on a Temporary Work Permit for at least 6 months and have a permanent job offer from that employer. It is required that the employer:

Has been unable to fill the position with a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
;
Taken from the MB PNP web site.

kb33 Sep 14th 2011 1:13 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
So he is wrong on that as well :rofl:

Shoudnt be allowed out :thumbdown:

Big Truck Sep 14th 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9620544)
Having completed and passed High School in Canada has been rated as equivalent to having 5 UK O'levels, which bit don't you understand.:confused::confused: You obviously didn't pass the 11+:rofl::rofl:

What a complete load of UTTER TOSH!!!!

So the Niverville village idiot(Gremmie's mate:rofl:) who has completed high school and PASSED ONE GED exam is said to have the SAME educational standard as somebody from the UK who has 5 "O" [email protected] grade C or above?:confused:

Has to be TOTAL balls!!!!!:thumbdown:

God help any poor truck driving ex-UK people who are waiting on PR in Alberta on a TWP as their lives about to go down the shitter!!!!:frown:

Gremmie Sep 14th 2011 7:47 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 9621384)
What a complete load of UTTER TOSH!!!!

So the Niverville village idiot(Gremmie's mate:rofl:) who has completed high school and PASSED ONE GED exam is said to have the SAME educational standard as somebody from the UK who has 5 "O" [email protected] grade C or above?:confused:

Has to be TOTAL balls!!!!!:thumbdown:

God help any poor truck driving ex-UK people who are waiting on PR in Alberta on a TWP as their lives about to go down the shitter!!!!:frown:

Ok here for the dimwhit in ireland is the GED exam, as you will see it covers 5 main subjects http://www.testprepreview.com/ged_test_breakdown.htm and this is why CIC have said it to be equivalent to 5 O'levels. Not my interpretation but CIC, and of the drivers it has thus far affected most have taken and passed the GED by studying on the road. Why this should bother you so much is beyond belief, 1, you dont intend to come to Canada. 2, you dont have the 5 O'levels. 3, you would never pass the GED 4, No one would give you a job.

man240utd Sep 15th 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
I have just had an e-mail back from the Alberta government regarding the AINP and qualifications and this is what they had to say;

There is no education requirement for Long Haul Truck Drivers.

I received this reply today so where is the information about needing 5 'O' levels coming from?

Gremmie Sep 15th 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 9623423)
I have just had an e-mail back from the Alberta government regarding the AINP and qualifications and this is what they had to say;

There is no education requirement for Long Haul Truck Drivers.

I received this reply today so where is the information about needing 5 'O' levels coming from?

Thats true BUT
However, if you wish to apply for PR through the AINP programme after you have worked for 6 months then you would have to prove that you have the equivalent to a High School Diploma or you would have to pass The GED exam which is the recognized Diploma equivalent.
You are dealing with 2totally different offices 1 Federal 1 Provincial, you are making 2 entirely different applications. Hope fully this point is now clear.

kb33 Sep 15th 2011 5:19 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
So is this for a work permit or to apply for PR ? There's a big difference

man240utd Sep 15th 2011 5:24 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
So is it on the federal application you have to have the 5 'O' levels?

Gremmie Sep 15th 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 9623466)
So is this for a work permit or to apply for PR ? There's a big difference

However, if you wish to apply for PR through the AINP programme after you have worked for 6 months then you
Self explanatory I would think:confused::confused:

Gremmie Sep 15th 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 9623473)
So is it on the federal application you have to have the 5 'O' levels?

Yuppers

man240utd Sep 15th 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9623492)
However, if you wish to apply for PR through the AINP programme after you have worked for 6 months then you
Self explanatory I would think:confused::confused:

Have you missed some words out here Gremmie?:confused:

kb33 Sep 16th 2011 1:54 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9623492)
However, if you wish to apply for PR through the AINP programme after you have worked for 6 months then you
Self explanatory I would think:confused::confused:


Copied of Lyndon's Facebook wall ? :rofl::rofl:

No it is not self explanatory :

Are the 5 O-levels required for (PNP) nomination or required for CIC and PR.

Two very different things.


*edit *

Just re read the letter and its 5 GCE's that are needed not O levels and it is for nomination not CIC .

dave_lol66 Sep 16th 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9620554)
Doh !!!
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they will settle permanently in Manitoba. They must have been working in Manitoba on a Temporary Work Permit for at least 6 months and have a permanent job offer from that employer. It is required that the employer:

Has been unable to fill the position with a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
;
Taken from the MB PNP web site.

I will only repeat this once more for those not bright enough to take it in, I KNOW 3 families who have arrived in Mb with PR , gained by the PNP route, that had never worked in Canada and 2 of the families had never set foot in Canada so YES it can be done. 1 of these families arrived as little as 3 month ago and another member on this forum is another one of those families:p:p

PMM Sep 17th 2011 4:44 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
Hi


Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9625042)
I will only repeat this once more for those not bright enough to take it in, I KNOW 3 families who have arrived in Mb with PR , gained by the PNP route, that had never worked in Canada and 2 of the families had never set foot in Canada so YES it can be done. 1 of these families arrived as little as 3 month ago and another member on this forum is another one of those families:p:p

Dollars to Donuts, they weren't long haul drivers. They probably in an skilled occupation with skill level A, B or O. Truckers are considered semi skilled NOC C so would not be eligible for PNP from outside Canada.

Chicken lights and chrome Sep 18th 2011 7:35 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 9626381)
Hi



Dollars to Donuts, they weren't long haul drivers. They probably in an skilled occupation with skill level A, B or O. Truckers are considered semi skilled NOC C so would not be eligible for PNP from outside Canada.

You'll look a bit silly trying to pay a Boston Creme into your bank:rofl:

I know who Dave is talking about and all three of them are long haul drivers, all came over via BFS as long haul drivers, one had PR that long before he came to Canada that he will only just satisfy the length of stay inCanada requirements to renew his PR ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:54 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.