British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Telling it How it is. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/telling-how-719371/)

dave_lol66 Sep 18th 2011 8:45 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 9626381)
Hi

Dollars to Donuts, they weren't long haul drivers. They probably in an skilled occupation with skill level A, B or O. Truckers are considered semi skilled NOC C so would not be eligible for PNP from outside Canada.

So glad you know the families too and can make a statement like that:thumbup::thumbup:

kb33 Sep 18th 2011 8:54 pm

So why don't you just explain how they managed it , As its obvious the official website states otherwise. And who are we to believe ? Some bloke of the internet or the PNP website.

dave_lol66 Sep 18th 2011 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 9628977)
So why don't you just explain how they managed it , As its obvious the official website states otherwise. And who are we to believe ? Some bloke of the internet or the PNP website.

eeeerrrmmmm applied for job, got job offer, applied for pnp, got pnp and applied for pr and got pr.....all before leaving good old UK.
Most families that arrived at BFS in the last few years already had pnp nomination before arriving in Canada as I myself did.
Some took longer to arrive due to personal circumstances and had already received pr before arriving.
Is that clear enough, I can't make it any simpler for you.
So like I said in the very beginning "Yes it can be done"
Doesn't make it right or wrong but it did and still does happen.

kb33 Sep 18th 2011 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9629014)
eeeerrrmmmm applied for job, got job offer, applied for pnp, got pnp and applied for pr and got pr.....all before leaving good old UK.
Most families that arrived at BFS in the last few years already had pnp nomination before arriving in Canada as I myself did.
Some took longer to arrive due to personal circumstances and had already received pr before arriving.
Is that clear enough, I can't make it any simpler for you.
So like I said in the very beginning "Yes it can be done"
Doesn't make it right or wrong but it did and still does happen.

Better tell the PNP office the information on their website is wrong then . :rofl::rofl:

dave_lol66 Sep 18th 2011 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 9629110)
Better tell the PNP office the information on their website is wrong then . :rofl::rofl:

Has Alberta ever asked you to leave for wasting all the fresh air:confused:
Read my last post, it would help before opening your big mouth and spouting more crap:thumbup::thumbup:

kb33 Sep 18th 2011 11:11 pm

Ohh someone is in a bad mood today , Perhaps another lovers tiff ? :rofl:

Go out and shoot a few more Bambi , I'm sure that will make you feel better Ehh

dave_lol66 Sep 19th 2011 12:08 am

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 9629134)
Ohh someone is in a bad mood today , Perhaps another lovers tiff ? :rofl:

Go out and shoot a few more Bambi , I'm sure that will make you feel better Ehh

Don't you fret about Bambi, plenty more where they come from:rofl::rofl:

Big Truck Sep 19th 2011 11:41 am

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9629014)

When they arrived already "armed":D with PR could they not have just gotten another job somewere else rather than be driving long haul OTR for BFS and all the problems that went with that senario?:confused::blink:

dave_lol66 Sep 21st 2011 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 9629872)
When they arrived already "armed":D with PR could they not have just gotten another job somewere else rather than be driving long haul OTR for BFS and all the problems that went with that senario?:confused::blink:

I will give you some very good reasons why they SHOULD go to BFS as 2 of them did, the third did not and has struggled to settle into the job:blink:

BFS pay for your class 1 written exams...
BFS pay for all your training required for your class 1 practical...
BFS pay for your class 1 test as many times as required...
BFS give you paid orientation...
BFS give as much time required to settle into the job as required...
BFS will never fire you no matter how bad it gets...
BFS do not pressure you..

After all that, and some experience, then would be the time to look for a proper job:thumbup::thumbup:

Gremmie Sep 21st 2011 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9634528)
I will give you some very good reasons why they should go to BFS as 2 of them did, the third did not and has struggled to settle into the job:blink:

BFS pay for your class 1 written exams...
BFS pay for all your training required for your class 1 practical...
BFS pay for your class 1 test as many times as required...
BFS give you paid orientation...
BFS give as much time required to settle into the job as required...
BFS will never fire you no matter how bad it gets...
BFS do not pressure you..

After all that, and some experience, then would be the time to look for a proper job:thumbup::thumbup:

Hmmm, never new that, learn something new each day:thumbup:

dave_lol66 Sep 21st 2011 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9634543)
Hmmm, never new that, learn something new each day:thumbup:

Still don't think much of them as a company and would have to be a cold day in hell before I ever go back there but I have never said not to use them, quite the opposite. I have always said to go to BFS, do what is required to get pr and move on:thumbup:

nianiamh Sep 22nd 2011 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 9628977)

Ok here you go,

Once you take a job with a company through the PNP system your application will be processed through the canadian embassy of the country which you are residing in, if you move out to canada from the start then it`ll be done in canada, if you don`t then it`ll be done in the country that your residing in.
As our house hadn`t sold BFS said for me to leave my move over until the following june as they thought it would not be good for me to be over here while still paying for a house in the UK and with my family still over there, CIC were informed by BFS about the change of my time frame for coming over, to which they said no problem all that they needed to to was send be back all my forms and for me to submit them to CIC in London, medicals then done in Manchester, passport requests then came through with the option of either send them in the post or drop them in on thursday at the London embassy between 2pm & 3pm then return two weeks later at the same time to collect them with the PR visas in them :thumbup:.
June came and i flew into Toronto, into immigration and welcomed into Canada as a permanent resident job done :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
As for needing O levels thats not the case as i`ve got none :o:rofl: all they needed for PNP/PR was proof that i had completed full time education, that cost me 30 quid from the welsh education board for the paperwork stating that i had.

So there you have it, it can be done and is still being done as a driver from the UK started at the firm i work for last month and he`s had PR for over 2 yrs but only just arrived to start work, he did come over in the first year on holiday just to activate his PR but then returned to the UK.

I know there`s nothing on the CIC web site telling anyone this, but once your in the PNP system if the company bringing you over is in no rush then your application will not be put on hold by CIC and they will have you do as i have said above.

Big Truck, your right i could have gone and worked anywhere i liked doing any job at all as i was now a permanent resident from the moment i left Toronto airport, but i don`t think i would of fitted in too well in Tim Hortons :rofl::rofl::rofl:

CurtNIR Sep 22nd 2011 7:36 pm

Why does it say you have to have worked in the province for 6 months, before applying ?

How did you get around that? :confused:

dave_lol66 Sep 22nd 2011 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by CurtNIR (Post 9636731)
Why does it say you have to have worked in the province for 6 months, before applying ?

Great question Curt:thumbup:

When you contact them to find out ask them why so many immigrants of Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver only speak Hindi, Bengali or Urdu when CIC clearly states that you must be able to speak English or French :blink::blink:

dave_lol66 Sep 22nd 2011 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by CurtNIR (Post 9636731)
How did you get around that? :confused:

Get around what:confused: The fact that they turn a blind eye to their own rules:rofl::rofl: