Tele

Old Dec 12th 2011, 2:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Anyone catch "Lucky"

HBO show with Nick Nolte and Dustin Hoffman...following the lives and characters who go to a horse race track.

Has an impressive lineup, so might be worth checking out.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by N1cky
BBC America are advertising the 20th anniversary episode of Absolutely Fabulous for January 8th I believe it airs in the UK on Christmas Day, so looking forward to this
They were showing AbFab on Logo the other night. An episode where Marshall and Bo advertise a diet shake which "can cause anal leakage". Couldnt believe it when in the break there was a real advert for a diet shake!
Anyway, I`m really looking forward to the 20th anniversary AbFab as well!
Old Dec 12th 2011, 4:00 pm
Banned

Winston Smith has a spectacular aura aboutWinston Smith has a spectacular aura aboutWinston Smith has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bob
Anyone catch "Lucky"

HBO show with Nick Nolte and Dustin Hoffman...following the lives and characters who go to a horse race track.

Shot at Santa Anita racetrack near Pasadena, I've been there a few times. I hope it's better than Boardwalk Empire

Spoiler:
They finally killed off that gimpy boring war vet last night, who came across about as hard as shite.

I'm losing interest in Boardwalk Empire very fast ZZZZZZZzzzz
Old Dec 13th 2011, 1:57 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Winston Smith

I'm losing interest in Boardwalk Empire very fast ZZZZZZZzzzz
Yeah, after loving the first series...this second one was really boring and I gave up.

Also losing interest, but just about still watching Once Upon a Time and Grimm.

I think there are more shows I'm getting bored with than enjoying these days.

Leverage is joining those ranks along with Hawaii 5-0
Old Dec 13th 2011, 2:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Yeah, after loving the first series...this second one was really boring and I gave up.

Also losing interest, but just about still watching Once Upon a Time and Grimm.

I think there are more shows I'm getting bored with than enjoying these days.

Leverage is joining those ranks along with Hawaii 5-0
I still like Boardwalk Empire.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 5:42 pm
Banned

Winston Smith has a spectacular aura aboutWinston Smith has a spectacular aura aboutWinston Smith has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I still like Boardwalk Empire.
Here's why I'm losing interest:

The Sopranos had a great mixture of interesting characters, humor ( dark and raunchy) I just feel no empathy or interest for any of the Boardwalk Empire characters.
I used to love Steve Buschemi, his character is quite dull, he's supposed to be devious but he's played like he's reading a script. Al Capone is played by scouser Stephen Graham. I just see the skinhead from This is England. The most interesting character is the WWI vet with the facemask, even that's a bit laughable after the dog ran away with his mask. I notice his mask has dog tooth marks in it, except the tooth marks are all in a straight line, never seen a dog with perfectly straight teeth. It is a Hollywood dog I suppose, so it's asshole is probably bleached too.
The characters are so stereotypical, boring and just don't grab me. Not even close to it's closest competition The Sopranos.

And you like it because? Just curious?
Old Dec 14th 2011, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Winston Smith
Here's why I'm losing interest:

The Sopranos had a great mixture of interesting characters, humor ( dark and raunchy) I just feel no empathy or interest for any of the Boardwalk Empire characters.
I used to love Steve Buschemi, his character is quite dull, he's supposed to be devious but he's played like he's reading a script. Al Capone is played by scouser Stephen Graham. I just see the skinhead from This is England. The most interesting character is the WWI vet with the facemask, even that's a bit laughable after the dog ran away with his mask. I notice his mask has dog tooth marks in it, except the tooth marks are all in a straight line, never seen a dog with perfectly straight teeth. It is a Hollywood dog I suppose, so it's asshole is probably bleached too.
The characters are so stereotypical, boring and just don't grab me. Not even close to it's closest competition The Sopranos.

And you like it because? Just curious?
I find the characters good, probably with the exception of Al Capone. Steve Buscemi has a nice mix of being pretty pleasant most of the time but happily killing people and being totally corrupt. I find the issues around prohibition interesting. Also there's at least one 'aiee' incident per episode.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 12:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

slowly catching up on Hart of Dixie.

The missus really likes it...I think it's okay.

It is definitely aimed at the house wife crowd though...all the blokes are always getting their boobs out, all with the perfect six pack abs etc...but none of the ladies do.

Also weird how they all do that because it's so hot and humid...it's the south, the south is bathed in AC, so this would seem rather daft.

Don't know how realistic the southern stereotypes are, but they are being hammed up a little to much I think....the southern belle not going out with the black mayor, everyone distrusting the northern doctor. etc.

It's a little annoying in that regard...but it's easy tele that's thoughtless before bed kind of fodder.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 1:32 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

It is definitely aimed at the house wife crowd though...all the blokes are always getting their boobs out, all with the perfect six pack abs etc...but none of the ladies do.

Also weird how they all do that because it's so hot and humid...it's the south, the south is bathed in AC, so this would seem rather daft.

Don't know how realistic the southern stereotypes are, but they are being hammed up a little to much I think....the southern belle not going out with the black mayor, everyone distrusting the northern doctor. etc.

It's a little annoying in that regard...but it's easy tele that's thoughtless before bed kind of fodder.

I haven't seen that, but I can tell you that the southern prejudice against Yankees is still kickin' here in GA. However, I almost dropped my teeth when a customer from Boston the other day, asked me how "mixed" was Savannah and if there was any trouble because of it. He then went on to ask if the "coloreds" were active in the city government. This from someone my age!!
Old Dec 17th 2011, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

I haven't actively watched this, just caught it a few times when nothing else was on or my daughter was watching it. Have to say I think it's crap and the acting is pitiful.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 3:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by nethead
I haven't actively watched this, just caught it a few times when nothing else was on or my daughter was watching it. Have to say I think it's crap and the acting is pitiful.
Yeah, the acting is terrible...it's meh, but it is mindless...we only watch it before bed...everything decent seems to be drying up and not much in the way of new stuff and a big lack of any Christmas specials

Haven, had a special, but that was really weird, even by Haven standards
Old Dec 18th 2011, 4:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Bob
Anyone catch "Lucky"

Shittest thing to hit TV in a while...how it made it past a pilot I have no idea.

Dull, slow, shit with terrible characters.
Old Dec 18th 2011, 4:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Very disappointed with the current series of my favourite TV programs...Criminal Minds, The Good Wife and Dexter.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 1:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Homeland, ended up with a pretty good ending to the series.

What ruined it though, was them announcing ages back that there would be a second series, so you knew what wasn't going to happen so that they could continue the thing...which was shit.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 1:54 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm many days late, but after fussfacing aout my PBS here in GA, just happened to catch episode 1 and 2 of the first series of Downton Abbey. Wowza, The PBS is having a fund drive which was why they were showing it. Next episode is showing Xmas Eve at 900 so won't be able to watch it since that's bedtime, but DH said he'd get it for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.