Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The summer weather thread..F...its Hot!!

The summer weather thread..F...its Hot!!

Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:42 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The summer weather thread..F...its Hot!!

Originally Posted by Steerpike

I need to put that memory out of mind and remember the beach ...
Wow - next time your GF wants someone to go the Caribbean with her, let me know that beach is lovely!!!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:50 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I finally had my first experience of 'Atlanta Airport' in the summer! I know people who refuse to fly through there in the summer, and now I know why. On our way back from the Caribbean, a massive storm system was in the vicinity of ATL. Plane delayed 2hrs at takeoff; while airborne, ATL closed down; we circled for a while, then landed in Pensacola to refuel, and sat on the runway for hours. Toilets were full, and could not be emptied because we were 'international' and Pensacola did not have the Customs facilities to 'OK' our 'international toilet waste' . Finally, ATL reopened and we took off, landing in ATL (passing through some pretty awesome storm clouds, I must confess). The airport was like a Manhattan sidewalk at rush-hour - absolutely packed. Our connection was delayed, and delayed, and delayed ... we finally got out of there after midnight, landing in Phoenix around 3am. It was still 100F in Phoenix, but clear and dry

I need to put that memory out of mind and remember the beach ...
Great. We have a connecting flight through Atlanta the 1st week of September, hopefully it won't be too bad then
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:33 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by N1cky
Great. We have a connecting flight through Atlanta the 1st week of September, hopefully it won't be too bad then
If you don't go out side you'll be fine

It's not so bad here today, the 'real feel' was around 100f at one point but not so humid.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 10:23 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
If you don't go out side you'll be fine

It's not so bad here today, the 'real feel' was around 100f at one point but not so humid.
Steerpike was on a plane doing a connecting flight, same as me
Old Jul 15th 2010, 10:55 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Steerpike was on a plane doing a connecting flight, same as me
Hopefully the storms will have died down. I always take weather into consideration for clients-winter for ORD, MKE, DTW etc. and ATL and even CLT in the summer can have serious issues. NYC area hmmmmmmm,
Old Jul 15th 2010, 11:41 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

There's never a good time at ATL.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by zargof
Great, we are taking a red eye with an 8 year old and have 45 minutes to make our connection
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:26 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Great, we are taking a red eye with an 8 year old and have 45 minutes to make our connection
45 mins should be OK, because the train between the terminals is pretty fast, but try and familiarise yourself with the layout of the airport, so you will know where to go.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:39 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

That's a little tight.......... reccommended time for ATL is 55 min on domestic flight. However if you fuss to the airlines about it, they say, "we wouldn't publish the schedule if it wouldn't work." To be fair, I had corporate clients who loved a challenge and would go for it even if they had 36 minutes or less to try and make it. Me, not so much. Still, the train system there is, as Zargof said fine. I like it!!

If you want PM me details so I can see how often statistically, weather aside, your flights are on time.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
I agree with you there..... Have only had connecting flights through ATL that were going or coming from international flights. Its always a crazy airport. But then I haven't been to one that isn't.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:08 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I agree with you there..... Have only had connecting flights through ATL that were going or coming from international flights. Its always a crazy airport. But then I haven't been to one that isn't.
Personally, I like ATL (once you get inside that is, ) compared to Dulles or JFK, ORD or BOS. I'd like MIA if I spoke more Spanish. CLT so so and EWR easy enough.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
Yup. You tend to get it a bit worse down in Charleston then up here. CHS seems to be a magnet for storms. Up here they often miss us or dissipate quickly. I was gonna go and do some biking yesterday after the rain but the temperature shot back up to 86 feels like 96
Roll on Autumn!!

Originally Posted by cindyabs
YES AND I'VE BEEN OUT DRIVING IN THEM!!!
Hubby has too, he seems to get stuck in them on his way home most days, he loves them though!

Originally Posted by Family_Guy
O/T Is the Griffon pub still open in Charleston? I have 2 x $1 bills on the wall in there. 1 from our first meeting and 1 from our wedding day.
Sent you a response to your PM, yep, still there I think.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:13 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Roll on Autumn!!

Hubby has too, he seems to get stuck in them on his way home most days, he loves them though!

Sent you a response to your PM, yep, still there I think.
It wouldn't be so bad driving in them if the yahoos didn't think they can still speed along as if the road were dry as a bone. When you have your nose pressed to the windshield in order to see and your 4 ways on, it is NOT the time to do 60 just because that's the speed limit. I just give up and pull over myself, AND I take backroads instead of I 95.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
It wouldn't be so bad driving in them if the yahoos didn't think they can still speed along as if the road were dry as a bone. When you have your nose pressed to the windshield in order to see and your 4 ways on, it is NOT the time to do 60 just because that's the speed limit. I just give up and pull over myself, AND I take backroads instead of I 95.
Yep, that's the problem, not many drivers tend to make allowances for different weather conditions.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:21 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Yep, that's the problem, not many drivers tend to make allowances for different weather conditions.
They're all goobers, and THAT is not said with affection!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.