Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The summer weather thread..F...its Hot!!

The summer weather thread..F...its Hot!!

Old Jul 25th 2010, 5:22 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The summer weather thread..F...its Hot!!

Has anyone seen the Dyson fan close up?

It's amazing, I was stood in front of it for a good few minutes in BB&B.

Constant cool air. And Quiet. I hate fans normally but this I love!!

Even if it is a million dollars.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 5:28 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy

They are great aren't they. Need to half the price for me to consider buying one though.

Now in Boston, its warm and sticky but a pleasant wind. No where near as hot as LA heat, so very nice.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen it as yet, but would love to! I hate fans that make so much noise.....
Old Jul 26th 2010, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

newenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of light

Near silence. The a/c is turned off, the fan is turned off, the windows are open.

Here in the northeast, the heatwave has broken, at least for now, and I can hear the chirping of crickets.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newenglander
Near silence. The a/c is turned off, the fan is turned off, the windows are open.

Here in the northeast, the heatwave has broken, at least for now, and I can hear the chirping of crickets.
Are the wasps out?
Old Jul 26th 2010, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

newenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Brit3964
Are the wasps out?
Wasps? It's a full moon though.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I presume this is the same "Dyson" as the vacuum cleaner guy ? I love that ad, "...I've spent the last 18 years perfecting the vacuum cleaner ..." in his best British accent ... and I think ... oh my God he sounds like such a geek / prick, he's giving the Brits a bad name ...

I too love silence though so I'll have to take a look! Who sells (demo's) them?
Old Jul 26th 2010, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Partly Cloudy
Temperature: 94°F
Feels Like: 112°
Details: Dangerous heat index. Outdoor exposure should be limited.

Dude - you have to tell us the humidity! I guess the 'feel like' of 112 hints at a high humidity!. It's 'only' (!!!!) 94 here in Phoenix right now, but - a big storm just passed through and the humidity is up to 42% - which is high for us! Dammit I was about to go for a walk!

Originally Posted by ironporer
With a 6 year old...I am sure it is a component.

Maybe someone needs to invent ... a chemical that turns the water red when people pee in it.
I've always wanted to see that ... and a way to make farts visible too!!!
Old Jul 26th 2010, 10:32 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Dude - you have to tell us the humidity! I guess the 'feel like' of 112 hints at a high humidity!. It's 'only' (!!!!) 94 here in Phoenix right now, but - a big storm just passed through and the humidity is up to 42% - which is high for us! Dammit I was about to go for a walk!

If you saw the posting I made yesterday, the humidity was 60 percent (and it actually got worse, at 6 pm Heat Index was 113). Brit3964 is 2 hours up the road, so we're in the same ballpark.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Partly Cloudy
Temperature: 94°F
Feels Like: 112°
Details: Dangerous heat index. Outdoor exposure should be limited.

Is there any chance it will EVER cool down here!
Old Jul 26th 2010, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike

I too love silence though so I'll have to take a look! Who sells (demo's) them?
There's one running in the Bed Bath and Beyond's I been in, Target have them but not on display, they are amazing, if you're rich!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Warm and muggy night tonite.....
Old Jul 27th 2010, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Is there any chance it will EVER cool down here!
Yes about mid October unless a hurricane passes through here in the meantime. Fun eh? Did you get those Tstorms last night? Damn things kept me awake

Wasps? It's a full moon though.
Yeah wasps. When I lived for a while in MA I used to see tones of 'em in the summer months. You rarely see them down South. I think it's too hot n' humid for them.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 2:56 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes about mid October unless a hurricane passes through here in the meantime. Fun eh? Did you get those Tstorms last night? Damn things kept me awake

Yeah wasps. When I lived for a while in MA I used to see tones of 'em in the summer months. You rarely see them down South. I think it's too hot n' humid for them.
We got mud daubers here in Savannah. Also a nest of ground bees or wasps in our yard. The neighbor's dog found those.

The storms all passed west and north of us. Everything's drooping here
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

We got them early, started around 3:30pm, hubby drove home through them, they lasted till around 8pm here. It was probably the loudest scariest thunderstorm I have seen here in the US At one point I thought it was turning into a hurricane! Lots of tree limbs down in the street and neighborhood!

Hubby loves Storms, me...errr no!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.