Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Dec 25th 2011, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Britishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant future
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That would infuriate me! Thoughtless wankers
Absolutely!!!!! One was not at all pleased and extremely peed off to put it lightly

Mrs H the Spider
Old Dec 26th 2011, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider

Guests for Xmas lunch - who didn't turn up, and didn't phone to let us know they couldn't come... f@ckwit. Not feeling at all Christian about it...

... the main culprit is US born & bred, made a lot about how excited to experience a Brit Xmas day etc - so we went to great lengths... arse biscuit...

:
Just put them on the "Do not invite again" list. That was beyond rude, to not turn up or even give you a phone call.". I hope it didn't spoil Christmas too much.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto
Just put them on the "Do not invite again" list. That was beyond rude, to not turn up or even give you a phone call.". I hope it didn't spoil Christmas too much.
Nah - we turned the oven down low, went down to our fave coffee place to see the staff - they're a bit like family... Saw some friends we haven't seen for a while, enjoyed the sun, then home to walk the dogs. Finally ate around 7:30 - dogs had very nice Turkish meal (!) then we played a few games while complaining about eating too much - perfect!!!
Old Dec 26th 2011, 2:11 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Nah - we turned the oven down low, went down to our fave coffee place to see the staff - they're a bit like family... Saw some friends we haven't seen for a while, enjoyed the sun, then home to walk the dogs. Finally ate around 7:30 - dogs had very nice Turkish meal (!) then we played a few games while complaining about eating too much - perfect!!!
Silver lining - more sprouts to go around?
Old Dec 26th 2011, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Silver lining - more sprouts to go around?
Very much so - and they were bloody 'andsome !!!
Old Dec 27th 2011, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=HarryTheSpider;9806525]

Guests for Xmas lunch - who didn't turn up, and didn't phone to let us know they couldn't come... f@ckwit. Not feeling at all Christian about it...

... the main culprit is US born & bred, made a lot about how excited to experience a Brit Xmas day etc - so we went to great lengths... arse biscuit...

Hope you were/will be able to convey your feelings adequately to the offender, both for not turning up and not offering an explanation. (Unless they got run over by a reindeer or something on the way.) I'd never extend another invitation to him/her/them, that's for sure! Please accept an apology from this USC for the thoughtlessness.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Egg & Cress... Situation now resolved... An unusual chain of events transpired (along the lines of exploding car and mobile phone eaten by aliens but without the Hollywood drama!) and our guests were not able to get in touch and I have since verified by independent means, so all is forgiven - they were very apologetic when we finally had a sensible conversation about it...

... Which happened AFTER I went pretty ballistic, much to Mrs HTS's concern, because I NEVER go nuts like this... So I have offered unreserved apologies to the other chap, and he's been very gracious about it... We'll have a 're-run' of sorts in the next few days (of the meal, not me going nuts!)... I may be a big fella of sorts, but never too big to admit when i'm wrong... And I've had plenty of practice!
Old Dec 30th 2011, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Thanks Egg & Cress... Situation now resolved... An unusual chain of events transpired (along the lines of exploding car and mobile phone eaten by aliens but without the Hollywood drama!) and our guests were not able to get in touch and I have since verified by independent means, so all is forgiven - they were very apologetic when we finally had a sensible conversation about it...

... Which happened AFTER I went pretty ballistic, much to Mrs HTS's concern, because I NEVER go nuts like this... So I have offered unreserved apologies to the other chap, and he's been very gracious about it... We'll have a 're-run' of sorts in the next few days (of the meal, not me going nuts!)... I may be a big fella of sorts, but never too big to admit when i'm wrong... And I've had plenty of practice!
Ohhhh, that's a relief! Not that they had the misfortune of the car/mobile phone catastrophe, but that there was a legitimate reason for their seemingly crass behaviour. I'm so glad all is explained and forgiven - hope the re-run turns out a success. BTW, gotta watch that blood-pressure, fella! No NHS here!
Old Dec 30th 2011, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks!!!

Blood pressure is regularly checked - our primary physician's clinic is on site at my work, and zero co-pay (company is self-insuring!), so it only takes a few minutes!

Rerun is today - am sure it will be fine, and a good way to move the rest of a 13 lb turkey!!
Old Dec 31st 2011, 4:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Finding a button you have no idea what it goes with, so you put it somewhere safe.

Finding a item of clothing that is missing a button, for which the above would fit, but you can no longer find that "safe" place.

Klunge-showeringly-tastic.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 7:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Finding a button you have no idea what it goes with, so you put it somewhere safe.

Finding a item of clothing that is missing a button, for which the above would fit, but you can no longer find that "safe" place.

Klunge-showeringly-tastic.
That's why you should have a button box.

I remember when I was a child I used to love playing with all the buttons mum had in her button box. I suppose it would be frowned upon now...seen as too dangerous.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 7:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That's why you should have a button box.

I remember when I was a child I used to love playing with all the buttons mum had in her button box. I suppose it would be frowned upon now...seen as too dangerous.
Ah..yes the button box. My mums was an old biscuit tin, It was always fun matching up a set when she had knitted me a new cardigan. Good memory JG...thanks
Old Dec 31st 2011, 10:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Ah..yes the button box. My mums was an old biscuit tin, It was always fun matching up a set when she had knitted me a new cardigan. Good memory JG...thanks
Ours was a large Quality Street tin and it was always full
Old Dec 31st 2011, 5:10 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Loudmouth piss artists, fireworks, the wooo-woooo look at me brigade and about 99.99997% of the population of this ****hole of a rock.

Over to you ...
Old Jan 1st 2012, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Having had our re-run Christmas lunch for our delayed guests, which was a great success - they really enjoyed it...

... My peeve is that they so liked the way we cooked the potatoes (roasted was a new experience for them... Would this be typical?)... now the roasties have all gone, along with the Christmas pudding they also really liked... And the after eight mints though I suspect Mrs HTS is the real culprit there!)...

... all these are my favourites !!

Other peeve is allegedly corrupt police sherriffs... Who go stumping for GOP candidates (and nutty ones at that) while their department is under the microscope for all the wrong reasons...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.