Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Dec 15th 2011, 3:08 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Stepping on an electrical plug has the same fun effect, especially if you're running across the room at the time. That's the good thing about UK sockets, the fact that you can isolate the power at the wall.
I do like that part, but having said that, stepping on a UK plug would damn near amputate your foot

Being the last one to bed just about every night, I think I've stepped on every thing in our house that it is possible to step on. The cat is the most harmful of those, of course ...
Old Dec 15th 2011, 3:11 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I do like that part, but having said that, stepping on a UK plug would damn near amputate your foot

Being the last one to bed just about every night, I think I've stepped on every thing in our house that it is possible to step on. The cat is the most harmful of those, of course ...
Having done that too, I can testify to the pain it causes.

Also the most noisy, but the softest.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 3:19 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Having done that too, I can testify to the pain it causes.

Also the most noisy, but the softest.
I suppose my pet peeve would be forgetting to leave a light on upstairs when I'm in the basement at night, and children who think the hallway is a toy box
Old Dec 15th 2011, 3:28 am

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose my pet peeve would be forgetting to leave a light on upstairs when I'm in the basement at night, and children who think the hallway is a toy box
It's a good reason to have a two way switch installed on the stairs, and a good reason not to have kids.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 3:37 am
I have a comma problem

It's a good reason to have a two way switch installed on the stairs, and a good reason not to have kids.
The stairs aren't the problem - I can light them. The switches on the stairs only operate the basement light, garage and exterior lights and the one (horrific looking, but came with the house) chandelier above the stairway.

It's more the hallway that leads to the bedrooms, even if I use the closest light to that hallway, I still have to get to my room in darkness because we leave our door open for the cat, and our daughter insists on sleeping in our bed (pet peeve number 4,389,223,222) and if I switch the hall light on it'll wake her, and then my wife, up, and I go to bed after 1, so that's not on.

Mainly it's the toys, but it's my daughter's and she's only 20 mths, so I can't really fault her
Old Dec 15th 2011, 3:41 am

The stairs aren't the problem - I can light them. The switches on the stairs only operate the basement light, garage and exterior lights and the one (horrific looking, but came with the house) chandelier above the stairway.

It's more the hallway that leads to the bedrooms, even if I use the closest light to that hallway, I still have to get to my room in darkness because we leave our door open for the cat, and our daughter insists on sleeping in our bed (pet peeve number 4,389,223,222) and if I switch the hall light on it'll wake her, and then my wife, up, and I go to bed after 1, so that's not on.

Mainly it's the toys, but it's my daughter's and she's only 20 mths, so I can't really fault her
***** me.. do I have to do everything?

http://www.21st-century-goods.com/pr...B-Charger.html

You can charge your phone with it too.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 3:51 am
I have a comma problem

***** me.. do I have to do everything?

http://www.21st-century-goods.com/pr...B-Charger.html

You can charge your phone with it too.
Wasn't my angle, dear boy - I was having a whine for the sake of it. I use my phone for a light if I need it. It's only rare occasions I find myself without one and then I tread on a toy/plug/domestic feline.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 3:57 am

Wasn't my angle, dear boy - I was having a whine for the sake of it. I use my phone for a light if I need it. It's only rare occasions I find myself without one and then I tread on a toy/plug/domestic feline.
I was almost going to say you sounds like a teen girl, until this happened... "I use my phone for a light"
Ok, now you sound like a teen girl.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 3:59 am
I have a comma problem

I was almost going to say you sounds like a teen girl, until this happened... "I use my phone for a light"
Ok, now you sound like a teen girl.
Eh?

I have it on me, and it emits light. All I need to see are my feet. My eyes get dark adapted pretty quickly anyway, so in reality the best solution is to turn off the light before I climb the stairs. and by the time I get to the top, I can see.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:13 am

Eh?

I have it on me, and it emits light. All I need to see are my feet. My eyes get dark adapted pretty quickly anyway, so in reality the best solution is to turn off the light before I climb the stairs. and by the time I get to the top, I can see.
And of course with a bit of multi-tasking, you can update your facebook account to tell everyone you've "checked out" of the basement, and are now on the way up to bed?
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:16 am
I have a comma problem

And of course with a bit of multi-tasking, you can update your facebook account to tell everyone you've "checked out" of the basement, and are now on the way up to bed?
I'm not 'one of them'. I do the occasional bit of gig spam, and maybe share a funny photo, but other than that I've been shying away from the status updates of late.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:19 am

I'm not 'one of them'. I do the occasional bit of gig spam, and maybe share a funny photo, but other than that I've been shying away from the status updates of late.
How are your followers taking that? So you've given them a taste of it, and now you're taking it away? Shame on you.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:24 am
I have a comma problem

How are your followers taking that? So you've given them a taste of it, and now you're taking it away? Shame on you.
A taste of what though, the occasional Blackadder quote and a few obscure song lyrics? Hardly worth losing sleep over
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:57 am

A taste of what though, the occasional Blackadder quote and a few obscure song lyrics? Hardly worth losing sleep over
You mean that you actually stopped posting what you ate for breakfast, on facebook?
You'll be telling me next that you've deleted your twitter account, too.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:59 am
I have a comma problem

You mean that you actually stopped posting what you ate for breakfast, on facebook?
You'll be telling me next that you've deleted your twitter account, too.
Now you're being silly because you know fine well I don't twit with the twats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.