Pet Peeves?

Old Dec 6th 2011, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

A couple more 'Peter Purves' for today...

It really peeves me that on my way to/from work, I see so many things that peeve me, and then by the time I get to journey's end, I've forgotten them...

I had 3 to share today... simply can't remember them... bugger.

Oh, oh, no, I remember one of them - drivers who stop at a 2/3/4 way intersection with stop signs and all the other junction furniture, and then let people in/out of the car... in such a glacially slow, and downright selfish way that all the other drivers at the intersection are utterly confused as to who goes next etc - and scared 'cos getting it wrong might get you a bullet in the head. Wankers. Selfish wankers. I hope the guy who did it to me about 10 minutes ago has his manhood shrivel up in the cold so he can't replicate - we need to keep his genes, and those of his wife, out of the gene pool. Wanker (or potentially, not!).

Oh, now they're coming back to me... nope gone again.... nope it's back - people who proclaim they don't want 'government' telling them what they can and can't do, such as not being allowed to use a mobile phone while driving... they'll happily take responsibility for their actions... WANKERS!! It's too frickin' late when my car is totalled and my better half needs eleventy billion dollars worth of medical treatment because you (a) can't act responsibly in the first place and (b) are arrogant enough to think that only you should be exempt of any kind of guidance, or heavens forbid, rules. Wanker of the lowest wanking order.

And connected to this - people who are normally so, well, normal and intelligent, only to ruin it with the kind of sh*t I described above. Feckers!!

OK, I'm done for the moment. Peace & tranquility man!

PS - this is NOT me - I don't scrub up so well!!!
Old Dec 6th 2011, 2:08 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
A couple more 'Peter Purves' for today...

It really peeves me that on my way to/from work, I see so many things that peeve me, and then by the time I get to journey's end, I've forgotten them...

I had 3 to share today... simply can't remember them... bugger.

Oh, oh, no, I remember one of them - drivers who stop at a 2/3/4 way intersection with stop signs and all the other junction furniture, and then let people in/out of the car... in such a glacially slow, and downright selfish way that all the other drivers at the intersection are utterly confused as to who goes next etc - and scared 'cos getting it wrong might get you a bullet in the head. Wankers. Selfish wankers. I hope the guy who did it to me about 10 minutes ago has his manhood shrivel up in the cold so he can't replicate - we need to keep his genes, and those of his wife, out of the gene pool. Wanker (or potentially, not!).

Oh, now they're coming back to me... nope gone again.... nope it's back - people who proclaim they don't want 'government' telling them what they can and can't do, such as not being allowed to use a mobile phone while driving... they'll happily take responsibility for their actions... WANKERS!! It's too frickin' late when my car is totalled and my better half needs eleventy billion dollars worth of medical treatment because you (a) can't act responsibly in the first place and (b) are arrogant enough to think that only you should be exempt of any kind of guidance, or heavens forbid, rules. Wanker of the lowest wanking order.

And connected to this - people who are normally so, well, normal and intelligent, only to ruin it with the kind of sh*t I described above. Feckers!!

OK, I'm done for the moment. Peace & tranquility man!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BWtz0E0nPa...255B1%255D.jpg

PS - this is NOT me - I don't scrub up so well!!!
Bloody hell, Robert Lindsay's let himself go a bit hasn't he

Oh and yes - I agree with you. Wankers to a man.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 4:59 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Not so much a pet peeve but I don't understand the popularity per se of people's profile pic being that of themselves behind the wheel of their car, driving, taken from an offset angle?!?! ... Am I missing something?!?!
No you're not missing anything. However, I have noticed that every single person that does that is totally useless, sociopathic, and morally bankrupt individual, and I'm just thankful that by using those types of profile pics they are giving us fair warning up front.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 5:01 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
No you're not missing anything. However, I have noticed that every single person that does that is totally useless, sociopathic, and morally bankrupt individual, and I'm just thankful that by using those types of profile pics they are giving us fair warning up front.
Easy, tiger!
Old Dec 6th 2011, 6:45 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I just took a 45 minute course entitled "Workplace Harassment for Supervisors." I'm so proud, I printed off the certificate and stuck it on my office wall. Bloody silly, though.. the course should have been titled "Workplace Harassment (Prevention & Reporting.)"
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

The course I have to do is called "Sexual Harassment Training", which produced the same joke from hundreds of people (which was "I don't need training to know how to do that")
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:44 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
The course I have to do is called "Sexual Harassment Training", which produced the same joke from hundreds of people (which was "I don't need training to know how to do that")
I've now learned that making that joke could in certain circumstances be construed as harassment and is reportable. In fact, you referring to the existence of the joke may contravene the BE Harassment Policy.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 9:11 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
I've now learned that making that joke could in certain circumstances be construed as harassment and is reportable. In fact, you referring to the existence of the joke may contravene the BE Harassment Policy.
A bit like the man that jokingly said he had a bomb in his luggage when he was asked if he had anything to declare? He got 14 months to think about the joke. Still, I suppose the guys he said it to laughed for the next six months about that, so it's an ill wind.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 9:16 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
A bit like the man that jokingly said he had a bomb in his luggage when he was asked if he had anything to declare? He got 14 months to think about the joke. Still, I suppose the guys he said it to laughed for the next six months about that, so it's an ill wind.
Apparently my dad, in his naïvité, when the US immigration bloke in O'Hare was going though his passport on his recent visit quipped 'just making sure I'm not a murderer', or words to that effect.

According to my sister, you could hear a pin drop all the way back to the UK
Old Dec 6th 2011, 11:13 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Apparently my dad, in his naïvité, when the US immigration bloke in O'Hare was going though his passport on his recent visit quipped 'just making sure I'm not a murderer', or words to that effect.

According to my sister, you could hear a pin drop all the way back to the UK

Whoa.
These things run in the family too.. I for one will in future will be careful around SoS.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 11:40 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
(you forgot narcissistic... oh yeah, covered under sociopath)

So I take it you don't have an off-set, looking upwards p.o.v xmas "I hate christmas" ornament....
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:46 pm
I have a comma problem

Whoa.
These things run in the family too.. I for one will in future will be careful around SoS.
Does that mean you think I'll be a murderer in 40 years, or just a bit mental?
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:48 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Does that mean you think I'll be a murderer in 40 years, or just a bit mental?
Oh OK, if we have to wait 40 years no worries.. I doubt I'll be posting on BE then.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:50 pm
I have a comma problem

Oh OK, if we have to wait 40 years no worries.. I doubt I'll be posting on BE then.
Well, 36, but what's four years? I'm flattered that you don't think I'm already a bit mental .

Though I have been slowly turning into my dad since my early 20s, or so my mum and wife inform me
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:55 pm
Heading for Poppyland

BBC Accents.
I listen to BBC Radio 4 morning and evening; the Today Programme and PM. It gives me the momentary illusion that I'm not living in the back of beyond. So what happened to BBC accents? Almost everyone sounds as if they are from Scotland, Northern Ireland or somesuch obscure & remote region. If they are being interviewed as financial or business experts, they are usually German or Indian; presumably seen as being more believable than an Englishman. This seems to have crept up on me unawares, but I began to think about BBC accents after our compatriot L-M from Teesside told us her worthy spouse spoke with a BBC accent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.