Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:31 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by md95065
Energy saving light bulbs that leave you in semi-darkness for 15 seconds when you turn them on ...
Originally Posted by robin1234
Energy saving light bulbs that don't fit in the existing light fitment because they are a lot longer than traditional light bulbs.
So true.
I went to the shop a couple of weeks ago to stock up on the old kind - only to find out I was too late. Italy had already gone totally energy bulbs! Bugger!

I hate them. Found a new kind that does give off a glow - it cost me 6 effing euro so it had better last me for years. Horrible wiggly shape it has to it though.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Kids toys that have the battery compartment screwed in....seriously, under 3 year olds aren't getting it open. It's a pain in the arse, save yourself a couple of pennies and stop doing it. Cocks.

Toys that require odd number of batteries....arseholes.

Toys requiring stupid batteries such as C or D cell ones...what was the point of that? Knobs.
You seem to have missed the worst one - toys that are wired into their packaging. Now I make sure I always have a set of wireclippers handy at xmas and birthdays, bloody stupid things. And clamshell packaging. Ironically, you can buy special powered scissors for cutting through the stuff - and they are packaged in a clamshell!
Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:40 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
. Ironically, you can buy special powered scissors for cutting through the stuff - and they are packaged in a clamshell!
That's like the tool-kit we bought, where the packaging included screws that needed to be removed with the screwdriver included in the tool-kit.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:42 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
That's like the tool-kit we bought, where the packaging included screws that needed to be removed with the screwdriver included in the tool-kit.

I hate packaging.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by robin1234
Energy saving light bulbs that don't fit in the existing light fitment because they are a lot longer than traditional light bulbs.
Energy saving light bulbs that you dare not break or throw away in a traditional manner because they poison the air and the ground!
Old Dec 1st 2011, 7:29 am
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you just leave it at "energy saving bulbs", FFS?? You've exhausted every combination.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Energy saving light bulbs that you dare not break or throw away in a traditional manner because they poison the air and the ground!
When it stops supposedly saving me tons of energy - what do I do with it? Do I have to take it to the "recycling and ecological plant?"
Old Dec 1st 2011, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob
Could the front ones be moose lights? Those things are blinding.
Don't know what they call the bloody things - we don't have moose around here but do have a lot of deer. Deer lights, maybe?
Old Dec 1st 2011, 7:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza

I hate them. Found a new kind that does give off a glow - it cost me 6 effing euro so it had better last me for years. Horrible wiggly shape it has to it though.
I like energy bulbs...able to get the ones that are housed in a plastic bubble to look like a regular bulb...that also lights up pretty much instantly. Helps we're able to get them cheap in various shops like Ocean State, rather than the regular stores.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 7:50 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
You seem to have missed the worst one - toys that are wired into their packaging. Now I make sure I always have a set of wireclippers handy at xmas and birthdays, bloody stupid things. And clamshell packaging. Ironically, you can buy special powered scissors for cutting through the stuff - and they are packaged in a clamshell!
Oh you're right, those things piss the snot out of me too....good idea on the wire cutters...I've got a blade to hack through the packaging and faff around and let someone else take over those clips

Also hate the massive plastic wrappings on things like SD cards. I know they're to make it harder for people to put them in their pockets to steel, but it doesn't really work, so why bother.

Anyway, another peeve for today. Own brand store products that look like the branded stuff, but are a shit alternative.

I love using own brand stuff for the most part, usually always get it because it's a lot cheaper. I don't bother if there's only a penny difference, seriously, Hannafords, what was the point? But anyway, I do draw the line at toothpaste, especially Walmart stuff.

Bot a box by mistake, because it looked like Colgate and was right next to the Colgate. Unfortunately it has the look of a monthly discharge and the consistency of snot, that it just slides right off the toothbrush and it's minging.

Which leads on to those crap toothbrushes the dentists give you when you have a visit. The visit costs enough, so why couldn't they give you a proper brush, or just not bother at all, rather than the cheapest, shittest brush, with their name printed on to the thing, that just tears your gums to shreds. Arseholes.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 7:52 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Don't know what they call the bloody things - we don't have moose around here but do have a lot of deer. Deer lights, maybe?
Probably just fog or high beams then. No point in moose lights if you don't have moose....they're really bright and set really low on the car/truck because moose eyes don't reflect the light like other animals and they have a really high profile with spindly legs that you usually can't see them very well with regular lights, but if they're munching the salt by the side of the road, the moose lights show them up pretty well.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Bob
Oh you're right, those things piss the snot out of me too....good idea on the wire cutters...I've got a blade to hack through the packaging and faff around and let someone else take over those clips

Also hate the massive plastic wrappings on things like SD cards. I know they're to make it harder for people to put them in their pockets to steel, but it doesn't really work, so why bother.

Anyway, another peeve for today. Own brand store products that look like the branded stuff, but are a shit alternative.

I love using own brand stuff for the most part, usually always get it because it's a lot cheaper. I don't bother if there's only a penny difference, seriously, Hannafords, what was the point? But anyway, I do draw the line at toothpaste, especially Walmart stuff.

Bot a box by mistake, because it looked like Colgate and was right next to the Colgate. Unfortunately it has the look of a monthly discharge and the consistency of snot, that it just slides right off the toothbrush and it's minging.

Which leads on to those crap toothbrushes the dentists give you when you have a visit. The visit costs enough, so why couldn't they give you a proper brush, or just not bother at all, rather than the cheapest, shittest brush, with their name printed on to the thing, that just tears your gums to shreds. Arseholes.
Never ever been given a free toothbrush by any dentist here .... gum ripper or not - even though with dentist prices I could have changed house by now.
Theiving buggers.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
Probably just fog or high beams then. No point in moose lights if you don't have moose....they're really bright and set really low on the car/truck because moose eyes don't reflect the light like other animals and they have a really high profile with spindly legs that you usually can't see them very well with regular lights, but if they're munching the salt by the side of the road, the moose lights show them up pretty well.
Thanks for the info - didn't know there really are moose lights! And I didn't know moose' eyes don't reflect light as would be expected. Do they not glow at all like other animals' eyes? Never saw one at night - only in daylight at a distance in the woods in Canada many years ago.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 12:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Thanks for the info - didn't know there really are moose lights! And I didn't know moose' eyes don't reflect light as would be expected. Do they not glow at all like other animals' eyes? Never saw one at night - only in daylight at a distance in the woods in Canada many years ago.
They don't shine at all and being mostly black and quite high up, they're pretty hard to see on the roads and they like licking the salt on the side of the roads in winter, which isn't great. Hitting one will write your car off, unless it's brand new.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 12:55 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

I thought of you the other day Bob, when I pulled into the other lane to let someone onto the highway and they sped up and wouldnt let me back over. I remembered a rant of yours on here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.