Pet Peeves?

Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by cindyabs
These were customers, one time when I was a cashier and checking them out and yesterday sitting at my desk after doing my presentation.
Ok so a flask of hot coffee
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:05 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
No crisps...I'm British and they are crisps and always will be. Chips are what I get from the chippy back home.
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

simonw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
No crisps...I'm British and they are crisps and always will be. Chips are what I get from the chippy back home.
Oh, this made me sad! When did I stop thinking of crisps as crisps? I have definitely got to get back to the UK this year.

Also.. prawn cocktail. Quintessentially British. First thing I do when I arrive at Heathrow airport, buy a bag of prawn cocktail crisps. Oh, and smoky bacon. My diet is going to have to stay behind.
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:30 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonw
Oh, this made me sad! When did I stop thinking of crisps as crisps? I have definitely got to get back to the UK this year.

Also.. prawn cocktail. Quintessentially British. First thing I do when I arrive at Heathrow airport, buy a bag of prawn cocktail crisps. Oh, and smoky bacon. My diet is going to have to stay behind.
Yes, it will. Especially if your mum's anything like mine. She's the sort where if someone is going to be in the house for more than five minutes, there's a pot of tea on and a loaf of ham sandwiches ready to go in minutes.

Anyway - our first trip back after I moved here, she must have cleaned out the food sections in M&S and Tesco because her kitchen was full of goodies. I polished off two Dairy Milk bars before my arse had warmed the seat
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Pet peeves:
  • Bad manners.
  • Drivers who don't let you in.
  • Bigotry (always a peeve in a US election year!)
  • The unreasonable difficulty of getting a good cup of tea when out and about in the US.
  • Having to drive everywhere, because CA has yet to hear about pavements (sidewalks to any Americans reading).
  • People seriously thinking President Obama is a Muslim. I don't particularly like the guy, but this seems really daft.
  • My cat's habit of climbing my leg with her claws (literally a pet peeve)
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Yes, it will. Especially if your mum's anything like mine. She's the sort where if someone is going to be in the house for more than five minutes, there's a pot of tea on and a loaf of ham sandwiches ready to go in minutes.
My mother is no longer with us, but my Nan is certainly like that.

By the by, love the Rimmer photo. Red Dwarf was a classic show.
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:37 pm
Banned

Primula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura about

My cat's habit of climbing my leg with her claws
Buy her a scatching post.
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:39 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

My mother is no longer with us, but my Nan is certainly like that.

By the by, love the Rimmer photo. Red Dwarf was a classic show.
I think that's where my mum got it from ...

Red Dwarf was indeed a classic show (is, actually, a new series is in production I believe, Chris Barrie included)

Originally Posted by Primula
Buy her a scatching post.
That doesn't work. We have one. Our cat gets her claws all nice and warmed up on it and then gets to work on me
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway - our first trip back after I moved here, she must have cleaned out the food sections in M&S and Tesco because her kitchen was full of goodies. I polished off two Dairy Milk bars before my arse had warmed the seat
Top mum!! Sounds like my mum, and the MIL - she's tops too!!
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:26 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
Top mum!! Sounds like my mum, and the MIL - she's tops too!!
You're always well fed in my mum's house!

My mother in law has her moments - the last couple of years she's brought a turkey round for Christmas dinner for me. Usually they just have ham so that's been nice
Old May 3rd 2012, 12:14 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

the last couple of years she's brought a turkey round for Christmas dinner for me.
Ahh. "Turkeying". *runs away*

Old May 3rd 2012, 2:19 am
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Another one about sports - the endless statistics. WGAF about how many yards a guy has run? Especially when it's a total of the 57 times he "ran" during the whole game. Complete and utter bollocks.

DFO!!!
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:36 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
Another one about sports - the endless statistics. WGAF about how many yards a guy has run? Especially when it's a total of the 57 times he "ran" during the whole game. Complete and utter bollocks.

DFO!!!
That's so the commentators don't run out of things to talk about during three hours of setting a ball down on white lines, interspersed with ad breaks ...
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

sanfranjones has a spectacular aura aboutsanfranjones has a spectacular aura aboutsanfranjones has a spectacular aura about

Those stupid "nearly white" carpets all developers and landlords think are great. Not so when the children decide to decorate the carpets at 2am with Oreo and bolagnaise projectile vomit.
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:11 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway - our first trip back after I moved here, she must have cleaned out the food sections in M&S and Tesco because her kitchen was full of goodies. I polished off two 4lb Dairy Milk bars before my arse had warmed the seat
Really? You greedy git.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.