Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

People who have stupid peeves about people who have stupid peeves...
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:35 am
Banned

Primula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Holliver
The people who pack the bags at the shop put everything in wrong - salad on the bottom, onions on top.
I will not shop at a grocery store unless it has self-checking. It makes me cringe to see a packer man-handling expensive fruit and veggies.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
People who have stupid peeves about things, like whether the packers at the supermarket put the shopping in their bags, in the right order.
It's not a stupid peeve when the packer puts the bread at the bottom of the bag and heavy cans/veg on top...or puts a hot roast chicken amongst frozen food.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:39 am
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
People who have stupid peeves about people who have stupid peeves...
Is a pet peeve, one you take around on a lead, or in the shopping basket on the front of your bike?
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:43 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Is a pet peeve, one you take around on a lead, or in the shopping basket on the front of your bike?
Or maybe in a cage at home, running round and round in a wee wheel.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:46 am
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It's not a stupid peeve when the packer puts the bread at the bottom of the bag and heavy cans/veg on top...or puts a hot roast chicken amongst frozen food.
Get a grip, woman - put things in perspective.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

No, it's the one you carry in a cute little bag.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:08 am
Banned

Primula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura about

Get a grip, woman - put things in perspective.
She did.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Holliver
The people who pack the bags at the shop put everything in wrong - salad on the bottom, onions on top. I try to pack it myself but always get weird looks when I tell them I can do it myself, then they hurry me along. So annoying.
I gave up - just let them pack it then have to take it all out and repack outside the shop.

I also don;t like the amount of placcie bags they use, so bring my own. Grrr
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Are they all retards? Rhetorical question. First Born regularly gets commendations for her packing (sad really) and longer queues than others because the customers want her packing their bags. I think they get trained before they start at her branch so I don't know why the others seem to cock it up. Her pet peeve is customers who sling everything on the belt regardless of what it is so she's playing hunt the thimble in order to pack it properly.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Her pet peeve is customers who sling everything on the belt regardless of what it is so she's playing hunt the thimble in order to pack it properly.
Yikes, so the customer is supposed to make it easier for the packer? Isn't that their job?
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Are they all retards? Rhetorical question. First Born regularly gets commendations for her packing (sad really) and longer queues than others because the customers want her packing their bags. I think they get trained before they start at her branch so I don't know why the others seem to cock it up. Her pet peeve is customers who sling everything on the belt regardless of what it is so she's playing hunt the thimble in order to pack it properly.
I usually try to put mine in groups and even got commended for it by a packer I try to help too. One of the cashiers in Trader Joe's said you can tell the Brits that way.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Trader Joe's said you can tell the Brits that way.
Are there a lot of Brits in L.A.?

BTW, are you in the movie business?
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Primula
Are there a lot of Brits in L.A.?

BTW, are you in the movie business?
There are a fair few.

No I'm not in the movie business
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I usually try to put mine in groups and even got commended for it by a packer I try to help too. One of the cashiers in Trader Joe's said you can tell the Brits that way.
If M comes grocery shopping with me he always packs the bags, the bagger kids love it...means they can just stand and watch. He hates it when they bag and only put one or two items in a bag
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Primula
Yikes, so the customer is supposed to make it easier for the packer? Isn't that their job?
Surely it's common sense if the check out chick has hangers for only two bags, that the customer places all the fruit and veg, then tins, then cold stuff etc on the belt so the bags can be filled easier? I don't see why you (general) wouldn't do that, it's not like you fill the trolley completely randomly, why wouldn't you get it all out in order as well? The Check out people, here anyway, get noted if they take too long to pack so it's understandable that some of them just pack as it comes on the belt. Those are the customers who generally complain. Anyway it's a peeve, not life threatening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.