Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 27th 2011, 4:21 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
I was out last week, and the two women on the table in front of me were both sitting there dabbling about at their phones and staring at the screens, for what seemed like the duration of their dinner. They hardly ever looked up. I could see the odd grunt of acknowledgement when the other one said something, or a quick nodding of the head as they carried on typing, but that was it.
Totally bloody pointless. They may as well have stayed indoors and gone online. To top it all off, as I walked out of the restaruant door, I meet two other women, and they're walking through the door that I'm holding open for them, while both gabbling away on their mobiles and not even acknowledging my politeness.
The mobile stuff has got seriously out of hand in the last 2 years.
I now tell one of my relatives to hand over his phone at resteraunts (done with just the right amount of humour for me to get away with it), next time we watch a movie, he is getting told to hand it over then too. Its surprising how annoying just the soft, repeated tap tap tap gets while trying to concentrate on a movie.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 4:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I now tell one of my relatives to hand over his phone at resteraunts (done with just the right amount of humour for me to get away with it), next time we watch a movie, he is getting told to hand it over then too. Its surprising how annoying just the soft, repeated tap tap tap gets while trying to concentrate on a movie.
and the bloody screen light on phones flashing around the movie theatre. A woman took a call during a movie and then passed the phone behind her so another woman could speak to whoever was on the phone.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 4:37 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Had a guy the other day that had stopped by my desk at the hotel to ask a question. He asks the question, then sits there the WHOLE time, I am answering him, looking at his phone and texting, NEVER looks at me once.

You do NOT know how much I wanted to rip that phone out of his hands and say, LOOK at me when I'm talking to you Bucko!
I want to do it to people when I'm behind them in line at the checkout in the supermarket, when they stand there talking on their phone as the cashier checks them through. I stood there last week behind a woman that spoke through the whole transaction and never even acknowledged the cashier. It's just plain bad manners.
In your situation, I think I might have stopped as he did that and just smiled as I said to him "It's ok, I'll wait til you're finished on your phone, and then I can explain it more easily for you" or if there was someone behind him, "I'll just take this lady while you finish up on the phone, and then we can talk about it".
Bloody rude bastards.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 5:11 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

People that wear sun glasses when they are talking to me rude rude rude.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 5:16 am

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I'd never do that.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I'm torn on that one. I think I hate meetings almost more than I hate the phone stuff
Depends on who the meeting is with.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 5:21 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on who the meeting is with.
Yeah, good point.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 5:41 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

I was out last week, and the two women on the table in front of me were both sitting there dabbling about at their phones and staring at the screens, for what seemed like the duration of their dinner. They hardly ever looked up. I could see the odd grunt of acknowledgement when the other one said something, or a quick nodding of the head as they carried on typing, but that was it.
Totally bloody pointless. They may as well have stayed indoors and gone online.
I witnessed the same thing recently. bizarre

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Had a guy the other day that had stopped by my desk at the hotel to ask a question. He asks the question, then sits there the WHOLE time, I am answering him, looking at his phone and texting, NEVER looks at me once.

You do NOT know how much I wanted to rip that phone out of his hands and say, LOOK at me when I'm talking to you Bucko!
I get that all the time. Tossers!
Old Oct 27th 2011, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Try it when you live in the US. Every Irish wannabe and their dog suddenly starts dressing in green and spouting the "Oh, I'm Irish" crap, when you ask what's going on.
You ask then where abouts in Ireland they're from, and they don't know. You ask when was the last time they were there, and they've never been.
Well, DFO then, because you're not bloody Irish, are you?
Ah !! I bloody HATE it how Americans bang on with the usual "USA, USA" bollocks then proceed to tell you how they are German, French, Italian or whatever.

Firstly: if American is so great WTF are you doing telling me you're from somewhere else ?
Secondly: Where were you born ?? Oh American then you're American you wankstick.

The guy who invented twitter should be shot as should that facebook twat.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Englishman43
Ah !! I bloody HATE it how Americans bang on with the usual "USA, USA" bollocks then proceed to tell you how they are German, French, Italian or whatever.

Firstly: if American is so great WTF are you doing telling me you're from somewhere else ?
Secondly: Where were you born ?? Oh American then you're American you wankstick.

The guy who invented twitter should be shot as should that facebook twat.
Irish-American", Italian- American, African-American.. and the common denominator is?
If you were born in the US, lived here and went to school here, you're American. The prefix doesn't count for anything... except perhaps, stupidity.
If you and your parents were both born and raised here, and you've never visited the country that you're alluding to be from, then drop all the bullshit. Is there any great shame in being proud of the place you were born and raised?
It's little wonder the country is so divided on race down here in the South, when a good many of the people that are complaining about it seem to want to seperate themselves from everyone else.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 6:37 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Irish-American", Italian- American, African-American.. and the common denominator is?
If you were born in the US, lived here and went to school here, you're American. The prefix doesn't count for anything... except perhaps, stupidity.
If you and your parents were both born and raised here, and you've never visited the country that you're alluding to be from, then drop all the bullshit. Is there any great shame in being proud of the place you were born and raised?
It's little wonder the country is so divided on race down here in the South, when a good many of the people that are complaining about it seem to want to seperate themselves from everyone else.
Does that mean I can't tell my daughter she's half British then
Old Oct 27th 2011, 6:51 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Drain cleaners.

They're simply just crap....doesn't matter if they're supposed to have the strength of a nuclear bomb and can melt a human in 30 seconds....not one of the shittingcrapfests are ever able to clear the rats nest of hair down the drain, so you still have to use a coat hanger type jobby.

Pointless shites.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 6:54 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Bob
Drain cleaners.

They're simply just crap....doesn't matter if they're supposed to have the strength of a nuclear bomb and can melt a human in 30 seconds....not one of the shittingcrapfests are ever able to clear the rats nest of hair down the drain, so you still have to use a coat hanger type jobby.

Pointless shites.
I picked up one of those spiky plastic strip thingys in ACE for a fiver - workes a treat.

Disgusting as all get out dragging all that nasty crap out of the plughole but it does the job.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I picked up one of those spiky plastic strip thingys in ACE for a fiver - workes a treat.

Disgusting as all get out dragging all that nasty crap out of the plughole but it does the job.
Agreed, gets rid of everything out of the basin traps.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:30 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
This one can be difficult -- once I was talking to someone, sunglasses removed, and they suddenly went off at me about what was I scowling at them for. My eyes were just screwed up because I was being blinded by the sun!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.