Pet Peeves?

Old Jan 5th 2017, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
The over-emphasized Clockwork Orange style eyelashes like the ones in that picture are really distracting as well, to the point where they end up making the eyes look worse, which is the opposite of the desired effect.

Likewise really long fingernails. More meh, IMO.
I'm all for makeup that 'enhances' a look. 'Good' makeup, to me, is only visible by its absence. Those eyelashes look so obviously fake. I have a similar opinion about hair ... I never did like that 'Farrah Fawcett' look, because it was so obviously contrived, and was perhaps the only man alive to prefer Kate Jackson in the stupid 'Charlie's Angels' show.

Thanks for the reminder about Clockwork Orange! I saw that movie and read the book when I was a teenager and absolutely loved it. Still one of the most controversial movies of all time, and the book was fantastic. "There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, Dim being really dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar making up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening, a flip dark chill winter bastard though dry ..."

Tempted to pick it up and read it again!

Edit To Add: Can't resist posting another paragraph from the book. For anyone who has seen the movie but not read the book, the book is a wonderful experience, beautifully written by Anthony Burgess. "Our pockets were full of deng, so there was no real need from the point of view of crasting any more pretty polly to tolchock some old veck in an alley and viddy him swim in his blood while we counted the takings and divided by four, nor to do the ultra-violent on some shivering starry grey-haired ptitsa in a shop and go smecking off with the till’s guts. But, as they say, money isn’t everything"

Last edited by Steerpike; Jan 5th 2017 at 3:57 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 3:56 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I'm all for makeup that 'enhances' a look. 'Good' makeup, to me, is only visible by its absence. Those eyelashes look so obviously fake. I have a similar opinion about hair ... I never did like that 'Farrah Fawcett' look, because it was so obviously contrived, and was perhaps the only man alive to prefer Kate Jackson in the stupid 'Charlie's Angels' show.
I guess I don't care so much about makeup because my wife doesn't wear that much. So I suppose if I don't notice someone is wearing it, then it's doing its job.

I mean, people can do what they want, obviously, in the end it doesn't matter what I think

Thanks for the reminder about Clockwork Orange! I saw that movie and read the book when I was a teenager and absolutely loved it. Still one of the most controversial movies of all time, and the book was fantastic. "There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, Dim being really dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar making up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening, a flip dark chill winter bastard though dry ..."

Very good film and book. I haven't read or watched it in a while, though now I come to think of it.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 7:23 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Jsmth321 - don't let other peoples' opinions get to you with the whole kids thing. My partner and I are childfree by choice (is that what we have to call it nowadays?) Some people just cannot see a different way of life beyond marriage and kids, and that's fine if that's what they want, but don't force it on others. When people ask us when we're having kids I usually say something sarky like "when we get tired of practicing" and then change the subject. Works better than having to explain, which, quite frankly, in no ones business my mine and my partners.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 8:29 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Edit To Add: Can't resist posting another paragraph from the book. For anyone who has seen the movie but not read the book, the book is a wonderful experience, beautifully written by Anthony Burgess. "Our pockets were full of deng, so there was no real need from the point of view of crasting any more pretty polly to tolchock some old veck in an alley and viddy him swim in his blood while we counted the takings and divided by four, nor to do the ultra-violent on some shivering starry grey-haired ptitsa in a shop and go smecking off with the till’s guts. But, as they say, money isn’t everything"
What people didn't realise when it came out that the words that seemed made-up were actually anglicised spellings of genuine Russian words
Old Jan 5th 2017, 8:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
What people didn't realise when it came out that the words that seemed made-up were actually anglicised spellings of genuine Russian words
That's using your gulliver. Real horrorshow.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 9:04 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

That's using your gulliver. Real horrorshow.
I read it before studying Russian ans then again after, much easier to understand second time, 'horroshow' is pronounced just like that in Russian and means 'good'
Old Jan 5th 2017, 9:05 pm
I have a comma problem

I read it before studying Russian ans then again after, much easier to understand second time, 'horroshow' is pronounced just like that in Russian and means 'good'
I don't speak any Russian but one time I looked up the Russian words for the English equivalent of the Nadsat speak and you can see pretty clearly where they derived them from.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 9:11 pm
Concierge

I don't speak any Russian but one time I looked up the Russian words for the English equivalent of the Nadsat speak and you can see pretty clearly where they derived them from.
Хорошo, the actual Russian spelling as they have no letter H
Old Jan 5th 2017, 9:20 pm
I have a comma problem

Хорошo, the actual Russian spelling as they have no letter H
Cyka blyat.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 11:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

"
Kate Jackson was far more attractive than the other two. As for women and eyelashes, dark obvious eyelashes tend to 'wake up' eyes and a face. I'd say the majority of women (not teenager girls) consider what looks good for them and don't care so much about what a man looks for. If I don't wear mascara I look very tired. I put it on and feel better when I look in the mirror but the husband wouldn't know the difference.

Those really false Eyelashes are stupid but each to their own. There's a woman who works at a local Virgin kiosk who wears the most ridiculous eyelashes and a crazy amount of black eyeliner. You can't concentrate on what she says because you're trying to work out if she can see out.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 12:07 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Kate Jackson was far more attractive than the other two. As for women and eyelashes, dark obvious eyelashes tend to 'wake up' eyes and a face. I'd say the majority of women (not teenager girls) consider what looks good for them and don't care so much about what a man looks for. If I don't wear mascara I look very tired. I put it on and feel better when I look in the mirror but the husband wouldn't know the difference.

Those really false Eyelashes are stupid but each to their own. There's a woman who works at a local Virgin kiosk who wears the most ridiculous eyelashes and a crazy amount of black eyeliner. You can't concentrate on what she says because you're trying to work out if she can see out.
Drag queens are the only ones who can pull off those eyelashes. Anybody else who tries will just end up looking like a drag queen.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 2:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Drag queens are the only ones who can pull off those eyelashes. Anybody else who tries will just end up looking like a drag queen.
These things bother me as much if not more than caterpillar eyelashes. Why do they look in the mirror and not see the ridiculousness?
Attached Thumbnails Pet Peeves?-tmp_20037-20170106_130624-507339041.jpg   Pet Peeves?-tmp_20037-20170106_130551999907172.jpg  
Old Jan 6th 2017, 3:09 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

They obviously have issues with whereabouts on their faces to put the caterpillars
Old Jan 6th 2017, 5:42 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
These things bother me as much if not more than caterpillar eyelashes. Why do they look in the mirror and not see the ridiculousness?
Plenty more of those to be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/awfuleyebrows/

Or if you want to go all in: https://www.reddit.com/r/awfuleverything/
Old Jan 6th 2017, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty more of those to be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/awfuleyebrows/

Or if you want to go all in: https://www.reddit.com/r/awfuleverything/
I'm curious , did you have those sites bookmarked, or did you just bing/google them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.