Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 28th 2011, 6:37 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Anian
People who badly airbrush their photos they put on line to get rid of their wrinkles. The more wrinkles they have, the worse it looks. They end up looking like weird dolls.
People do that?

They actually think anyone else gives enough of a shit what they look like to actually go and photoshop their portraits? I bet they all use twitter as well, don't they?
Old Oct 28th 2011, 6:39 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
People do that?

They actually think anyone else gives enough of a shit what they look like to actually go and photoshop their portraits? I bet they all use twitter as well, don't they?
Ummm and how do I learn this airbrush thingy lol.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 6:41 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Umm, there's only so much it can do.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 6:42 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Any reasonably well equipped photo editing software will do it, but it can be better done with correct lighting/camera angle, et cetera.

Most decent photographers can take a picture of someone and bring out their best 'in camera' - no fakery or airbrushing required
Old Oct 28th 2011, 6:45 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Any reasonably well equipped photo editing software will do it, but it can be better done with correct lighting/camera angle, et cetera.

Most decent photographers can take a picture of someone and bring out their best 'in camera' - no fakery or airbrushing required
Like the glamor shots of chic's that make them look like cat walk models, when in reality they are butt ugly
Old Oct 28th 2011, 6:56 am
I have a comma problem

Like the glamor shots of chic's that make them look like cat walk models, when in reality they are butt ugly
That's an extreme example, but the same principle, yeah
Old Oct 28th 2011, 7:35 am
Zeganjo

zeganjo will become famous soon enough

Don't even get me started on being a pedestrian in Austin... ooops too late... well.. I hate that NOBODY walks.... wonder why people are obese and have health issues.... um... drive through pharmacies, drive through banks, drive through food places, pretty soon there are gonna be drive through houses, they will make cars so luxurious that people wont have to get out of them, they just drive into their house, hook 5 hoses up to the car, one gives you food and water, the other lets you excrete it, one washes you, one dries you and one gives the car fuel... maybe i should invent this... it would take off.

So um where was I... oh yes nobody walks here so the car is king... traffic lights give you like 10 seconds to cross the road (yes road not street) you get half way across and it starts flashing DONT WALK... gotta be quick off the mark, old people got no chance. Then to top it all off ******* car drivers can turn.... i have nearly got into an argument a bunch of times, i just walk out and whack the car if they try and go.... i look at them and point to the traffic light telling me to walk.

So more americanisms that bug me...

Sidewalk.... wtf?? you dont walk sideways down it like some kind of freaky crab... although maybe people would be so busy wondering wtf i was doing that i may get a chance to cross the street.

Barrettes.... its a hair clip! 'nuff said.

bathroom.... its toilet, bog, loo, crapper etc... you are not going for a shower in the middle of macys or somewhere so say toilet, it doesnt matter how you dress it up we still know you are going for a shit.

sod.... just say grass its easier or turf

dirt... soil

yard... ITS A GARDEN! if it is all paved and you keep your dog in it fair enough you can say yard but if it has flowers, grass, a shed, benches or whatever its a back garden, yard sounds so tacky

trailer... its a mobile home... coz its a home and it moves... a trailer is something you tow bikes or cars with.

Oh and my last rant of the afternoon... maybe... is... I know in the uk the road systems are not all that, roundabouts are a pain in the arse, bollards, speed bumps, those stupid things that block off half the street in certain places so it becomes like a slalom... but all said and done the uk can build motorways right! EXIT.... take the traffic away... then ENTER... bring new traffic on... this whole entering and exiting at the same time 20 yards apart is ****** crazy..... people come over to get off, then people are trying to get on at the same time... argh.

I will leave it here now and prompt discussion
Old Oct 28th 2011, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zeganjo
Then to top it all off ******* car drivers can turn.... i have nearly got into an argument a bunch of times, i just walk out and whack the car if they try and go.... i look at them and point to the traffic light telling me to walk.
I've NEVER understood that one, as both a pedestrian and a driver!

When driving, if I see a green light on a turn I take that to mean I can go. But the caveat is, unless pedestrians are crossing, in which case you give way.

Well, frankly, if a pedestrian is walking across I-93 on my way home and I'm doing 70mph, I'll still bloody give way to them! It's not as though I mow down pedestrians whenever I think I have priority.

So why tell both the driver and pedestrian it's safe to go!?!?! Doesn't make any sense to me
Old Oct 28th 2011, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
I think I should have clarified my distaste for sunglasses wearing - It doesn't bother me when outdoors as I'm probalby wearing sunglasses, too - which helps me see the other person's eyes. It's when we're indoors that it really gets my goat!
I should clarify, its not so much when outside although if it can be helped all the better, its the inside meetings, I was in a conference the other day and this twat sat there, a exec FFS with his goggles on for over an hour

I have lived all over the world and there is no excuse for this nasty rude habit.
Absolutely! Wearing sunglasses indoors is rude!
Old Oct 28th 2011, 7:55 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Absolutely! Wearing sunglasses indoors is rude!
Bet you wouldn't have said that to Roy Orbison
Old Oct 28th 2011, 8:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Bet you wouldn't have said that to Roy Orbison
If she did it would be a miracle or a seance
Old Oct 28th 2011, 8:15 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
If she did it would be a miracle or a seance
I did put 'wouldn't have', so the pre-1988 part was implicit
Old Oct 28th 2011, 8:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I did put 'wouldn't have', so the pre-1988 part was implicit
Whoops..didn't see that I had my shades on
Old Oct 28th 2011, 8:32 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Whoops..didn't see that I had my shades on
Then all is well
Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by zeganjo
Oh and my last rant of the afternoon... maybe... is... I know in the uk the road systems are not all that, roundabouts are a pain in the arse, bollards, speed bumps, those stupid things that block off half the street in certain places so it becomes like a slalom... but all said and done the uk can build motorways right! EXIT.... take the traffic away... then ENTER... bring new traffic on... this whole entering and exiting at the same time 20 yards apart is ****** crazy..... people come over to get off, then people are trying to get on at the same time... argh.

I will leave it here now and prompt discussion

YES !! WTF is that all about ? Who came up with that shit a 6 year old ? A tribesman indigenous to Biafra ? Certainly not by any sane human with the most basic understanding of the flow of traffic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.