Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:59 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by hobbes79
I've NEVER understood that one, as both a pedestrian and a driver!

When driving, if I see a green light on a turn I take that to mean I can go. But the caveat is, unless pedestrians are crossing, in which case you give way.

Well, frankly, if a pedestrian is walking across I-93 on my way home and I'm doing 70mph, I'll still bloody give way to them! It's not as though I mow down pedestrians whenever I think I have priority.

So why tell both the driver and pedestrian it's safe to go!?!?! Doesn't make any sense to me
It would be interesting to see if there are any studies on casualties because of this system, to know if it is as dangerous as I perceive it to be.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 10:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
It would be interesting to see if there are any studies on casualties because of this system, to know if it is as dangerous as I perceive it to be.
Reminds me of the discussion we had about holding the steering wheel with arms crossed. Some of the American posters said they had full control of the vehicle...which of course is totally the opposite to what Brits are taught when learning to drive. Who is correct?
Old Oct 28th 2011, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Reminds me of the discussion we had about holding the steering wheel with arms crossed. Some of the American posters said they had full control of the vehicle...which of course is totally the opposite to what Brits are taught when learning to drive. Who is correct?
Or the question of how to correctly execute left hand (or, in the UK, right hand) turn when two vehicles are approaching an intersection from opposite directions and both of them intend to make such a turn ...
Old Oct 28th 2011, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Primary elections

Why the hell do the main political parties get to test market their candidates by holding elections at public expense? They should figure out who they want to nominate by whatever means they choose and then just have the real election.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 11:41 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishman43
YES !! WTF is that all about ? Who came up with that shit a 6 year old ? A tribesman indigenous to Biafra ? Certainly not by any sane human with the most basic understanding of the flow of traffic.
Exactly. American motorways were clearly designed by Roy Orbison.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It doesn't matter - they're all drinking from a can, talking on the mobile (not hands free) and doing their hair & makeup - and that's just the guys!! (Well, the LOOK like guys anyway...)
Old Oct 29th 2011, 12:09 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
Primary elections

Why the hell do the main political parties get to test market their candidates by holding elections at public expense? They should figure out who they want to nominate by whatever means they choose and then just have the real election.
I had never considered that public expense implications of primaries.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 2:59 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Having to drive through shit holes such as Lawrence, MA.

Random slow downs on the motorway causing traffic jams, when there's no accident or at a exit....WTF people.

Arseholes who don't understand the principle of having any sbreaking distance between you and car in the front, thus not understanding when you give them the finger, or why you laugh hard when you see them a couple of miles up the road in an accident.

Drivers who don't indicate when changing lanes.

People who drive at the speed limit in the middle lane.

People who over take you by a mile or 2 faster, so taking forever.

People who don't dip their high beam or moose lights, or dip them after you've been blinded.

People who have crap vanity license plates, up in Maine they're cheap as chips so everyone and their uncle has one, so can be hard to come up with something, but in MA, they cost a wedge, so don't have a shit one that makes no sense. Dicks.

Pot holes that are knee deep.

Dick heads who slow right down to go through the EZ Pass, or stop....arseholes, it's the EZ Pass, not the Stop and drive like a knob head pass.

Knobend toll booths where you can't use an EZ Pass in all the booths...NH and MA, I'm looking at you guys. Shitheads.

EZ Pass lanes that are closed...they're bloody automated and unmanned, so why the klunge are you closed.

Apple adverts...FOAD, I don't care how cool your products might be, and Siri is just begging to be punched in the face, seriously....and while at it, any knob jockey who uses their mobile phone on speaker phone out in public, or wonders around the grocery store using bluetooth headphones...you are begging to get a baseball bat shoved up your arse so it tickles your tonsils.

Public toilets which don't have a changing table, or have one that looks like it has the minge.

People who don't have kids using the "Family Room" toilet because they're too muck of a shiteholestid to go use the proper bogs.

Auto opening doors which don't open, or open at a snail pace.

Disabled door opening buttons that only open one door of a pair and are usually impossible to reach.

Klunges who post spoilers in thread titles.

Box of mixed nuts that are 95% peanuts.

Hot dogs that aren't expensive beef ones being made from mechanically separated chicken and pig arseholes.

Rechargeable batteries that are always dead by the time you need them.

My local footie team losing to all the shit easy teams, yet get the results against the better sides....and then December comes around and they completely drop from being a promotion contender to the relegation battle.

How you can buy front row tickets to see the New England Revolution footie team for $20 but in the same stadium it would cost you $260 for some shit seats to see the Patriots and they still charge you $60 for parking and it's something crap like $10 a hotdog....the player salaries are capped you jizzstains and it's covered by your share of the TV rights, so stop being so bloody greedy with ticket prices.

Well that was therapeutic...
Old Oct 29th 2011, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob
What if they were prescription lenses?

Mine are, I only wear shades when I'm driving though, usually, but can't be bothered to swap them around when popping into the petrol station or what not. I do tend to flip them up and blindly stumble around like a drunk before getting to the front of the queue though
I can usually tell if the person has prescription lenses on and I'm much easier about it with them. Truly, I'm not a bitch about it or unrelenting - so, if I meet you in the grocery store and you still have your sunglasses on, I promise, I won't go for the throat or rip them off your face. (Actually, it's not a true pet peeve, it's closer to a phobia and I get very anxious if I can't see a person's eyes.)
Old Oct 29th 2011, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I wear glasses so I know what you are saying
Fortunately, I have transition lenses, so I don't have to worry about swapping out the glasses. Occasionally I wear non-transition lens glasses and I use Walgreens' polarized $15 clip-on shades. That was handy until I broke 'em!
Old Oct 29th 2011, 3:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Having to drive through shit holes such as Lawrence, MA.

Random slow downs on the motorway causing traffic jams, when there's no accident or at a exit....WTF people.

Arseholes who don't understand the principle of having any sbreaking distance between you and car in the front, thus not understanding when you give them the finger, or why you laugh hard when you see them a couple of miles up the road in an accident.

Drivers who don't indicate when changing lanes.

People who drive at the speed limit in the middle lane.

People who over take you by a mile or 2 faster, so taking forever.

People who don't dip their high beam or moose lights, or dip them after you've been blinded.

People who have crap vanity license plates, up in Maine they're cheap as chips so everyone and their uncle has one, so can be hard to come up with something, but in MA, they cost a wedge, so don't have a shit one that makes no sense. Dicks.

Pot holes that are knee deep.

Dick heads who slow right down to go through the EZ Pass, or stop....arseholes, it's the EZ Pass, not the Stop and drive like a knob head pass.

Knobend toll booths where you can't use an EZ Pass in all the booths...NH and MA, I'm looking at you guys. Shitheads.

EZ Pass lanes that are closed...they're bloody automated and unmanned, so why the klunge are you closed.

Apple adverts...FOAD, I don't care how cool your products might be, and Siri is just begging to be punched in the face, seriously....and while at it, any knob jockey who uses their mobile phone on speaker phone out in public, or wonders around the grocery store using bluetooth headphones...you are begging to get a baseball bat shoved up your arse so it tickles your tonsils.

Public toilets which don't have a changing table, or have one that looks like it has the minge.

People who don't have kids using the "Family Room" toilet because they're too muck of a shiteholestid to go use the proper bogs.

Auto opening doors which don't open, or open at a snail pace.

Disabled door opening buttons that only open one door of a pair and are usually impossible to reach.

Klunges who post spoilers in thread titles.

Box of mixed nuts that are 95% peanuts.

Hot dogs that aren't expensive beef ones being made from mechanically separated chicken and pig arseholes.

Rechargeable batteries that are always dead by the time you need them.

My local footie team losing to all the shit easy teams, yet get the results against the better sides....and then December comes around and they completely drop from being a promotion contender to the relegation battle.

How you can buy front row tickets to see the New England Revolution footie team for $20 but in the same stadium it would cost you $260 for some shit seats to see the Patriots and they still charge you $60 for parking and it's something crap like $10 a hotdog....the player salaries are capped you jizzstains and it's covered by your share of the TV rights, so stop being so bloody greedy with ticket prices.

Well that was therapeutic...

Bad night Bob???
Old Oct 29th 2011, 3:47 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Bad night Bob???
And that was one of the better, less hectic drives up to Maine
Old Oct 29th 2011, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

"pissed as a..." Newt Gingrich

Rick Perry

Herman Cain

... Actually, anything to do with the election...

Shitty journalism standards pretty much everywhere

The fact that I'm now finding 80'F too fricking cold.... I'm half fricking German FFS... 40'F used to be too HOT!!!
Old Oct 29th 2011, 7:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
The fact that I'm now finding 80'F too fricking cold.... I'm half fricking German FFS... 40'F used to be too HOT!!!
Anything below 25 degrees C (77F) is jeans, jumper and socks weather. I'm fully English, I refuse to even consider going back to the UK to visit between September and May.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 11:52 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Bad night Bob???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.