Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:48 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
People that wear sun glasses when they are talking to me rude rude rude.
Don't come here then. They love their sunglasses and even wear them in winter.

To be fair I thought they were all mad wearing sunglasses in February until I had to drive here in bright winter sunshine. Driving is one thing - it's not bright enough not to take them off when you are no longer driving into the sun.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:50 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Don't come here then. They love their sunglasses and even wear them in winter.

To be fair I thought they were all mad wearing sunglasses in February until I had to drive here in bright winter sunshine. Driving is one thing - it's not bright enough not to take them off when you are no longer driving into the sun.
I hardly ever take mine off if I'm outside, I'm not into wrecking my eyes.
I assumed that Poppy was talking about someone inside a building.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:55 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
I hardly ever take mine off if I'm outside, I'm not into wrecking my eyes.
I assumed that Poppy was talking about someone inside a building.
They wear them inside the shopping centres/malls - village stores here too. That does annoy me as it's just an Italian show off thing and not necessary inside a small shop.

The only comment I ever liked from Jeremy Clarkson was when he said something about the Italian Coast Guard having some of the fastest boats in Europe but they still can't stop the illegals coming in because they are too busy checking out how smart they are in their uniforms and designer sunglasses.

He wasn't far wrong that time.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 9:01 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
They wear them inside the shopping centres/malls - village stores here too. That does annoy me as it's just an Italian show off thing and not necessary inside a small shop.

The only comment I ever liked from Jeremy Clarkson was when he said something about the Italian Coast Guard having some of the fastest boats in Europe but they still can't stop the illegals coming in because they are too busy checking out how smart they are in their uniforms and designer sunglasses.

He wasn't far wrong that time.
Yeah well mine aren't 200 dollar designer shades, so I don;t have to show everyone how good they are. Providing the ones I'm wearing are polarised, and 100%UVA and UVB blocking, then they're usually ok for me.
I don't see too many people wearing them inside a mall, but you'll always get the odd twoink.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Yeah well mine aren't 200 dollar designer shades, so I don;t have to show everyone how good they are. Providing the ones I'm wearing are polarised, and 100%UVA and UVB blocking, then they're usually ok for me.
I don't see too many people wearing them inside a mall, but you'll always get the odd twoink.
I worked for over 6 years in an Italian spectacle frames and sunglasses factory when "Made In Italy" was still very big in that industry. I have seen and invoiced the profits. I've done D&G and Fossil and Diesel and Gap and many others. Now I'm no longer there - my last pair came from Specsavers in the UK.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 10:22 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I picked up one of those spiky plastic strip thingys in ACE for a fiver - workes a treat.

Disgusting as all get out dragging all that nasty crap out of the plughole but it does the job.
Aye, those things, too gross....I'm also to lazy that I use a coat hanger and that's minging enough.

Okay, another peeve.

Asking a question and getting "Sure" as a response....that's not an answer, it's worse when it's a yes/no answer, seriously....WTF.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 11:15 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Asking a question and getting "Sure" as a response....that's not an answer, it's worse when it's a yes/no answer, seriously....WTF.
even worse is getting that response up here where they say "Shooowaaaahhhhh"
Old Oct 27th 2011, 11:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Had a guy the other day that had stopped by my desk at the hotel to ask a question. He asks the question, then sits there the WHOLE time, I am answering him, looking at his phone and texting, NEVER looks at me once.

You do NOT know how much I wanted to rip that phone out of his hands and say, LOOK at me when I'm talking to you Bucko!
Originally Posted by Juswus
I witnessed the same thing recently. bizarre

I get that all the time. Tossers!

I had a customer in the lab the other day that answered her phone as she walked in the door. She put her samples and paper work down on the counter and carried on talking so I walked away and sat in my office, she stopped talking for a minute and wanted to know why I wasn't taking care of her and I said I would when she had finished her phone call. She carried on talking and I stayed sitting. Idiot
Old Oct 27th 2011, 12:53 pm
Zeganjo

zeganjo will become famous soon enough

Hello everyone I am new to this site. I have been reading all these posts and just had to register as they had me laughing out loud.

Pet Peeves?... Well I could write a book of these...

Drivers:
People who don't indicate, how the hell am i supposed to read your mind.
Truck drivers... I live in Texas and am talking about 'kickers' as my husband calls them, cowboy hat wearing, jacked up truck driving, never seen a horse in their life never mind been on one, idiots.
People talking and/or TEXTING while driving.... NOTHING IS THAT IMPORTANT!!!!
People who undertake.
Tailgaters... BACK OFF BITCH!
People who pull up to a traffic light all impatient and keep edging forward and are then not ready when it changes.
People who want to pull out of a side street or driveway in front of you but wait until you get closer, then pull out and slow down.
People who you let out, who then decide they don't want to just pull to the right and join the traffic and flow nicely... they want to turn left, block you and the whole road.
People who have their stereos blasting out with their windows down... and the worst music is always played the loudest!
.................................................. .................
At the supermarket/grocery store:

I am sure you've heard of people getting road rage... well I get supermarket rage! Why is it people go stupid when they are in the store... maybe there is a sign that says please check brain at gate... or maybe they are just always stupid but it comes out more in the store.

People who leave their trolley (memories of a friends American ex saying "It's not a trolley its a shopping cart!" come to mind here) in the middle of the aisle and then bugger off.

In the supermarket i hate that there is nowhere to go where you can just pause, look at your list and not be in the way... you go to the back of the store, the last aisle, some obscure products on the shelves and some f**ker always comes up and says something like "oh excuse me can i just look at that *insert random item that nobody normally buys here*. It's like NO BUGGER OFF, I want one place where i can stand and look at my list without being 'in the way'. [I am paving the way here for someone else to comment on this post by saying their pet peeve is people who are always in the most obscure place in the store where they think nobody will be in their way for the product they need aren't i?]

I have worked in a food shop also so i can have both sides of this pet peeve argument, i hate when stackers always need to restock the stuff i am trying to buy, and i hate it when people always need the thing you are trying to refill.

I hate people who grab things, then later decide they don't want them, but instead of putting them back, they just dump them on the nearest shelf... whether they are frozen or fresh or not edible. It ain't your kitchen jackass, you didn't pay for that to be able to waste it. I tell you, going shopping late at night especially is like a treasure hunt for what kind of random crap can you spot between the correctly placed items.

People who go into their own little world, amble along, stop their trolley infront of something, block the whole aisle while they decide whether to have the tomato and basil or the beef and vegetable soup.

Old people in the store... sorry but are they determined to spend ALL the time they have left in the supermarket? Going back to one of the first few posts on this topic about people who ask to be let in front of you.... I once made the mistake of telling an old lady she could go in front of me... BIG MISTAKE... I don't think she realized she would have to pay for the items, the person told her the total, she did a sort of double take and then rummaged around in her bag for about 5 minutes, pulled out her purse, then said she had coupons...

General:

People who take their kids... well anywhere kids shouldn't go, the cinema, supermarket, restaurant, airports.

Kids could take up a whole chapter.

People who take kids to the mall, have a buggy/pushchair/stroller, don't have the kids in it, they are running all over, the pushchair is full of shopping and crap, the person pushing it goes super slow, then stops abruptly in front of you.

People who smoke and eat/drink at the same time.... disgusting!

People who don't pick up after their dog

People who think it is ok to dump their mattresses and furniture next to the dumpster in apartment complexes

People who think it is ok to play loud music late at night, then get pissy when you ask them to knock it off.

People who think its cool to go swimming in an apartment complex pool (near apartments) at 5am and shout and scream.

People who linger in doorways when you are carrying heavy things in or out of somewhere, this is made worse if they are drunk and don't move on command.

People who try and talk to you at loud music events

Tall people who stand at the front of everyone blocking their view of whats going on

People who do their laundry late at night and then fall asleep or forget about it and leave it in the machines all night.

People who ask stupid simple questions on the yahoo (or similar) answers thing like how to get from london to edinburgh .... LOOK IT UP ... what do you think the people who answer your stupid question do.. magically know the answer?

Little rat dogs... and a lot of people who own them.

90% of people between 14 and 26

ok i think if i add anymore i will take up multiple pages. sorry its so long, i got carried away.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:00 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zeganjo
Hello everyone I am new to this site. I have been reading all these posts and just had to register as they had me laughing out loud.

Pet Peeves?... Well I could write a book of these...

Drivers:
People who don't indicate, how the hell am i supposed to read your mind.
Truck drivers... I live in Texas and am talking about 'kickers' as my husband calls them, cowboy hat wearing, jacked up truck driving, never seen a horse in their life never mind been on one, idiots.
People talking and/or TEXTING while driving.... NOTHING IS THAT IMPORTANT!!!!
People who undertake.
Tailgaters... BACK OFF BITCH!
People who pull up to a traffic light all impatient and keep edging forward and are then not ready when it changes.
People who want to pull out of a side street or driveway in front of you but wait until you get closer, then pull out and slow down.
People who you let out, who then decide they don't want to just pull to the right and join the traffic and flow nicely... they want to turn left, block you and the whole road.
People who have their stereos blasting out with their windows down... and the worst music is always played the loudest!
.................................................. .................
At the supermarket/grocery store:

I am sure you've heard of people getting road rage... well I get supermarket rage! Why is it people go stupid when they are in the store... maybe there is a sign that says please check brain at gate... or maybe they are just always stupid but it comes out more in the store.

People who leave their trolley (memories of a friends American ex saying "It's not a trolley its a shopping cart!" come to mind here) in the middle of the aisle and then bugger off.

In the supermarket i hate that there is nowhere to go where you can just pause, look at your list and not be in the way... you go to the back of the store, the last aisle, some obscure products on the shelves and some f**ker always comes up and says something like "oh excuse me can i just look at that *insert random item that nobody normally buys here*. It's like NO BUGGER OFF, I want one place where i can stand and look at my list without being 'in the way'. [I am paving the way here for someone else to comment on this post by saying their pet peeve is people who are always in the most obscure place in the store where they think nobody will be in their way for the product they need aren't i?]

I have worked in a food shop also so i can have both sides of this pet peeve argument, i hate when stackers always need to restock the stuff i am trying to buy, and i hate it when people always need the thing you are trying to refill.

I hate people who grab things, then later decide they don't want them, but instead of putting them back, they just dump them on the nearest shelf... whether they are frozen or fresh or not edible. It ain't your kitchen jackass, you didn't pay for that to be able to waste it. I tell you, going shopping late at night especially is like a treasure hunt for what kind of random crap can you spot between the correctly placed items.

People who go into their own little world, amble along, stop their trolley infront of something, block the whole aisle while they decide whether to have the tomato and basil or the beef and vegetable soup.

Old people in the store... sorry but are they determined to spend ALL the time they have left in the supermarket? Going back to one of the first few posts on this topic about people who ask to be let in front of you.... I once made the mistake of telling an old lady she could go in front of me... BIG MISTAKE... I don't think she realized she would have to pay for the items, the person told her the total, she did a sort of double take and then rummaged around in her bag for about 5 minutes, pulled out her purse, then said she had coupons...

General:

People who take their kids... well anywhere kids shouldn't go, the cinema, supermarket, restaurant, airports.

Kids could take up a whole chapter.

People who take kids to the mall, have a buggy/pushchair/stroller, don't have the kids in it, they are running all over, the pushchair is full of shopping and crap, the person pushing it goes super slow, then stops abruptly in front of you.

People who smoke and eat/drink at the same time.... disgusting!

People who don't pick up after their dog

People who think it is ok to dump their mattresses and furniture next to the dumpster in apartment complexes

People who think it is ok to play loud music late at night, then get pissy when you ask them to knock it off.

People who think its cool to go swimming in an apartment complex pool (near apartments) at 5am and shout and scream.

People who linger in doorways when you are carrying heavy things in or out of somewhere, this is made worse if they are drunk and don't move on command.

People who try and talk to you at loud music events

Tall people who stand at the front of everyone blocking their view of whats going on

People who do their laundry late at night and then fall asleep or forget about it and leave it in the machines all night.

People who ask stupid simple questions on the yahoo (or similar) answers thing like how to get from london to edinburgh .... LOOK IT UP ... what do you think the people who answer your stupid question do.. magically know the answer?

Little rat dogs... and a lot of people who own them.

90% of people between 14 and 26

ok i think if i add anymore i will take up multiple pages. sorry its so long, i got carried away.
Welcome to BE. You'll fit right in...
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE zeganjo...breathe...just breathe.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:08 pm
Zeganjo

thanks. I thought of another pet peeve... when you think of more things to say that you should have said or could have said. Esp in an argument... why is it after it has happened your mind can produce a perfect rendition of what you should have said?
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I think it would just be quicker if I put 'the world and everything in it' but after my morning scan of FB on my phone this morning I have a new one. What the hell is this new thing where everyone puts '@' or '#' beside whatever they are banging on about? It's the wankiest looking thing I've ever seen, and that's saying something.

@this and #that ... #@#@ OFF!!!!!!

*and breathe*
No.........."breathe deep" - remember?
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:11 pm
Zeganjo

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Welcome to BE zeganjo...breathe...just breathe.
lol, yes i think sometimes, well more often than not that i need to 'breathe'. I like your slogan about yorkshire. Being a yorkshire lass myself i agree! It probably adds to the pet peeves aswell.. or maybe just enables one to broadcast them easier being that in yorkshire it is customary to say what's on ones mind in a direct way.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:28 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zeganjo
....lots and I mean lots of pet peeves......
An admirable first post.

None of that 'Welcome Inn' nonsense. Just right in there with gusto.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.