Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 31st 2011, 5:06 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

People who ignore no soliciting signs, and posted city ordinances re: soliciting, and come and bug the shit out of me at work, and then get a shocked and pissed off look on their face when I kick them out.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 5:09 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
People who ignore no soliciting signs, and posted city ordinances re: soliciting, and come and bug the shit out of me at work, and then get a shocked and pissed off look on their face when I kick them out.
I find it very ironic that, the lawyer parent of my daughters friend, has a 'no soliciting' sign on her house.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 5:13 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishman43
Parents who get worked up at their kids sporting events, little league, soccer, whatever, and start having a shit fit 'cos the ref made a call they didn't like.

Hey tosser ! it's a bunch of 10 year olds having a bit of a laugh, you're making a pr*ck of yourself and embarrassing your kid...
I've been the ref that makes a disliked call (or doesn't make a call they thought should have been made.) Parents, you can usually calm down with a talking to, but I've enountered some real arsehole coaches who really don't understand the rules of footy.

As a coach, I've stood next to some real knobs coaching opposing teams. One coach didn't like a penalty that was awarded to my team. He proceeded to throw his water bottle around, and kicked away a ball that belonged to a player on a field beside ours. Dickheads.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 5:22 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Wanna buy a frog?
Old Oct 31st 2011, 5:24 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Observations after reading the last several pages ...

My goodness, I've never read so much whining in my life as I've read on this thread!

Something that makes me smile - I love how Bob continues to add a daily list of random grievances in between the whining banter.

And in the spirit of the thread ... my pet peeve includes comments like this - of which there are many in this thread:
"If you were born in the US, lived here and went to school here, you're American. The prefix doesn't count for anything... except perhaps, stupidity."

I've tried to explain this topic several times to people who are not American, as have others. I guess if people can't listen with an open mind there's really no point as you've already made up your mind that everyone is just plain stupid. However, when living in a foreign country, I would encourage you to try to understand the locals' point of view once in a while.
yup, well don't be holding your breath kiddo. In the meantime, I am just overwhelmed with Boberino, I am picturing a balloon, nay, a dirigible even with all that gas just leaking out. WHEW!!!!!!!! Bob, you crack me up,
Old Oct 31st 2011, 5:25 am

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

My psychic abilities tell me Bob has been on a road trip recently. Just call me Carnac the Magnificent.
Leslie the Looney, would be more appropriate... wouldn't it?
Old Oct 31st 2011, 5:43 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Wanna buy a frog?
That sounds dirty.

Anyway, if they were actually selling something interesting like frogs or crack ... I might not be so violent toward them.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 5:51 am

That sounds dirty.

Anyway, if they were actually selling something interesting like frogs or crack ... I might not be so violent toward them.
Dirty? Hey miss, you wanna buy my dirty frog?
It wasn't meant to be, it was just an obscure thing that came to mind on the spur of the moment.

Haven't seen a crack solicitor at our office in quite a while. They must have found business was better over at the high school.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Whining about whinng, now there's a new one.

Do I have to spell it out?
I wasn't calling americans stupid.. just the practice of refusing to accept you're american, but instead having to be a sub-culture american of some kind.
The prefix to the word "American" is what counts for stupidity, not the word American itself. I'd suggest you just reread the post again and try and understand what you're missing, otherwise you're in danger of looking like you're deliberately trying to make an ass of yourself.

Pet peeves?
People that come onto a "Pet peeves" thread, specifically to whine about other people whining. That's just pointless instigating.
People that don't read a whole post, or miss the point completely, quote a section of it out of context, and subsequently turn it arse about face to make it into something that it's not.
Didn't we do this already?
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:13 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
LOL, like that argument will stop any of us from going over things again and again. I for one would become disorientated if it stopped being Groundhog day here.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:14 am

Maybe. You know how it is though, there's always somebody that can benefit from a re-run.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe. You know how it is though, there's always somebody that can benefit from a re-run.
It's making me feel quite peevish
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:18 am
He/him

To safe myself ever having to type again, may I refer everyone to my previous comments on all topics discussed, this is a pan thread reference.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kimilseung
To safe myself ever having to type again, may I refer everyone to my previous comments on all topics discussed, this is a pan thread reference.
Good idea, and I am unanimous in that.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:23 am

It's making me feel quite peevish
Peeve away, you need to vent? Be our guest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.