Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 25th 2011, 9:14 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Ohhhh, I'm so sorry professor - hold on, I think I've got a rusty sword around here somewhere........
Hardly his fault - he probably didn't know you weren't a Brit.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Ohhhh, I'm so sorry professor - hold on, I think I've got a rusty sword around here somewhere........
I think I have some ointment for that
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Hardly his fault - he probably didn't know you weren't a Brit.
Easy mistake to make, given that it was correctly spelt (with a 'U') elsewhere in the same posting!

I've suggested to my esteemed US colleagues that we hence forth call it the 'nited States of America!!!
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:34 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
Easy mistake to make, given that it was correctly spelt (with a 'U') elsewhere in the same posting!

I've suggested to my esteemed US colleagues that we hence forth call it the 'nited States of America!!!
That's a good idea. Let me know if they tell you to fck off though ...
Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

It's fine, most of the time we're not listening to you anyway.
Yeah, I know - lyonsden1193 always has his fingers at his ears, "adjusting his deaf aid".
Old Oct 26th 2011, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider

I 'll refer to one of my previous posts wherein I commented that if you Brits can drop "H's" all over the place, a few "U's" shouldn't really be a problem. Besides, aside from your comment that it was spelled properly earlier in the posting, you haven't allowed for a typo, have you?
Old Oct 26th 2011, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's a good idea. Let me know if they tell you to fck off though ...
You agreed with 'im - so if they do, it'll apply to you, too!! Birds of a feather and all that.........
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:04 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
When my Dad used to do any job and my Mum appeared, he always said, "Here comes the fly shit inspector."
My Dad still says similar things .. in a whisper.
I remember hearing that type of joke being mumbled when I'd go on site visits with the Senior Engineer in my first job... now the same kind of guys probably say the same sort of thing about me.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:06 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
now the same kind of guys probably say the same sort of thing about me.
Except in this job it's more like "Look busy y'all, here comes that there Aust-ah-rah-lian fella, I tells ya what ..."
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:19 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Except in this job it's more like "Look busy y'all, here comes that there Aust-ah-rah-lian fella, I tells ya what ..."
They don't need to look busy for me, I don't have any jurisdiction on how fast they work. They might say "Here comes that nit-picking Australian asshole, ya'll talk to him about soccer or your English relatives and he'll leave us alone for awhile..."
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:21 pm
I have a comma problem

They don't need to look busy for me, I don't have any jurisdiction on how fast they work. They might say "Here comes that nit-picking Australian asshole, ya'll talk to him about soccer or your English relatives and he'll leave us alone for awhile..."
That would also work.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:30 pm

That would also work.
Actually... it does.

Ok, to go back to pet peeves -
People here telling me that they have a British neighbour/friend/ member at their golf club/ co-worker, and then proceed to tell me the persons name, and then pause.... as if it should mean something.
"Oh my neighbour down the street is from England, I can't remember where exactly.. but his name is... uhm, Smith, yes, James Smith....... "
Oh yeah, well obviously I know them then, don't I?! I mean, there's only 14 people in the whole of England now that I'm not there anymore!
Stoppit!
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Actually... it does.

People here telling me that they have a British neighbour/friend/ member at their golf club/ co-worker, and then proceed to tell me the persons name, and then pause.... as if it should mean something.
"Oh my neighbour down the street is from England, I can't remember where exactly.. but his name is... uhm, Smith, yes, James Smith....... "
Oh yeah, well obviously I know them then, don't I?! I mean, there's only 14 people in the whole of England now that I'm not there anymore!
Stoppit!
Or..."You must meet my Scottish friend...she has such a great accent." When I meet her, she turns out to be Swedish.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:37 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Actually... it does.

Stoppit!
I love the eager stare of antisipation on thier faces waiting for you to tell them that you know John Smith well and go drinking with him on a regular basis FFS
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:37 pm
I have a comma problem

I mean, there's only 14 people in the whole of England now that I'm not there anymore!
Stoppit!

14 people and a whole lot of dogs.

Which brings me to my current one, the Daily Mail. Seriously, I think it only continues to exist because someone in the printing industry knows there's a bog roll shortage on the horizon.

I've been on other websites where people (usually unwitting Americans) will present articles from the Daily Mail as basis for a factual discussion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.