Pet Peeves?

Old Jan 9th 2012, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Bob
The few local cemetaries in town are like that...they're nice places to walk, because they're paved and easy enough to get to, so I walk around them a bit.

See all manner of weird shit on the graves, but whatever, people deal with grief however they deal with it.

The amusing thing is, all these cemeteries in town have a big sign that says the plots are only for town residents, flowers and other decorations are only allowed during certain times of the year between certain holidays and must be cleared the rest of the year, especially in the snow. Family are also responsible for clearing dead flowers. Oh and only open between sun up and sun down, which means not open for very long during some stretches of the year
Really? I'm kind of pleased to hear that because I rather liked the idea of the sense of humour shown at the grave sites in Southampton. I used to like walking through cemeteries and looking at all the engravings - there's one here in town that is quite historic (local folk, mostly) and, hold onto your hat, it's said that Jesse James' (the real one) brother is buried there. Some of the sculptures are quite ornate and dramatic, too.

I keep hearing about grave stones that now have recorded messages from the dear departed - now that's kind of spooky! I think it would be funny to have one on my head stone that either moaned balefully or said "Boo" really loud every 90 seconds or so. Now isn't that a callous sense of humour?
Old Jan 10th 2012, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

The cemetary I lived next to had a special section for children. The most depressing thing was the thousand stuffed toys that were rotting and mouldy, far more so than the tiny headstones in the shape of bears.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 6:29 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Really? I'm kind of pleased to hear that because I rather liked the idea of the sense of humour shown at the grave sites in Southampton. I used to like walking through cemeteries and looking at all the engravings - there's one here in town that is quite historic (local folk, mostly) and, hold onto your hat, it's said that Jesse James' (the real one) brother is buried there. Some of the sculptures are quite ornate and dramatic, too.

I keep hearing about grave stones that now have recorded messages from the dear departed - now that's kind of spooky! I think it would be funny to have one on my head stone that either moaned balefully or said "Boo" really loud every 90 seconds or so. Now isn't that a callous sense of humour?
Sounds like one of the halloween things that have a PIR linked to the voice.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 2:34 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

People (it was a checkout bird in this case) who chew gum with their mouths open. Wasn't even my aisle and I could still hear the horrible sound.

Peasants.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
People (it was a checkout bird in this case) who chew gum with their mouths open. Wasn't even my aisle and I could still hear the horrible sound.

Peasants.
It was a similar situation the other day. Checkout bird (teen) was chewing and I could barely understand a word she said. I had to ask her to repeat herself, and the looks I got.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 2:40 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto
It was a similar situation the other day. Checkout bird (teen) was chewing and I could barely understand a word she said. I had to ask her to repeat herself, and the looks I got.
This is why I like to use the self checkout, which I was using today funnily enough
Old Jan 11th 2012, 2:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Books that are in a series which aren't numbered....made worse when titles are similar.

I thought I'd be reading the next in the series, turned out I had missed one, but because of a similar names I didn't know, but within the first chapter on the book recap the previous book is now not needed as I now know what it was about, what the twist was, who survived and who didn't, even though those characters have nothing to do with this new story.

Seriously, who can remember the sequence of books? Don't make me research the original published dates to figure out the sequence. Harry Potter books are a series where you're expected to know what shit title went in what order. I hate it.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 3:48 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Books that are in a series which aren't numbered....made worse when titles are similar.

I thought I'd be reading the next in the series, turned out I had missed one, but because of a similar names I didn't know, but within the first chapter on the book recap the previous book is now not needed as I now know what it was about, what the twist was, who survived and who didn't, even though those characters have nothing to do with this new story.

Seriously, who can remember the sequence of books? Don't make me research the original published dates to figure out the sequence. Harry Potter books are a series where you're expected to know what shit title went in what order. I hate it.
Find out here, lists all the published books by the author, and the year they were published, not really rocket science to find out..

link here.
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/

Last edited by mikelincs; Jan 11th 2012 at 3:52 pm. Reason: forgot link.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 3:49 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Find out here, lists all the published books by the author, and the year they were published, not really rocket science to find out..
It is rocket science when you don't put a link

But yeah, any bibliography would be of assistance when trying to get books in the correct order. Same as albums, not all bands made it as easy as Led Zeppelin did, but we manage
Old Jan 11th 2012, 3:52 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

It is rocket science when you don't put a link

But yeah, any bibliography would be of assistance when trying to get books in the correct order. Same as albums, not all bands made it as easy as Led Zeppelin did, but we manage
edited now.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 3:53 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by mikelincs
edited now.
Nine times out of ten, Wikipedia does a decent enough job anyway.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Yup, and also...

Episodes of a tv series, shown out of sequence.

Just how mental are TV execs?
Old Jan 11th 2012, 6:37 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Peasants.
I wasn't aware that pheasants chewed gum.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 6:38 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
I wasn't aware that pheasants chewed gum.
They do. With their mouths open. Dirty auld bags ...
Old Jan 11th 2012, 6:42 pm

They do. With their mouths open. Dirty auld bags ...
Dirty old bogs, you mean. That's where you'll see plenty of them..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.