Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
Is this connected with "Cheese Whizz" at all?
Only if you want it to be.......

Last edited by Egg and Cress; Jan 6th 2012 at 12:50 am. Reason: added a word
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
When I first started working in Adelaide I had a white tail spider fall from the ceiling and land on my desk. The guy from the next office came in, killed it then took his pencil and drew the outline around the squashed remains. Bastard thought it was funny.
Sorry....but, so do I!
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cindyabs
These outline the plots.
Are they on all the time (or can you tell in the daylight)? Are they like white Christmas tree lights? Or are they solar powered so they fade during the night? If so, that's almost poetic, isn't it? The deceased's light fading as dawn draws nigh .......etc., etc. This could get really funny!!!
Old Jan 6th 2012, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Only if you want it to be.......
That could actually be preferable to the truth!!
Old Jan 6th 2012, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
That could actually be preferable to the truth!!
Well, of course there's no way to tell whether a family member of the dearly departed was having a laugh or really didn't think well of the passed - assuming it was the former, I thought it was a rather light-hearted wink at the grim reaper. If it was the latter, it was, of course, mean-spirited. (No pun intended) As I said, I can only imagine the reaction of most UCS's at such humour. Many would be simply aghast at such "disrespect", but, frankly, I find it refreshing.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 5:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Even with a job I still get wound up by morons. But such is life when one deals with the public.........

Anyway, I am creeped out by the cemetery I pass every day which had one now two graves that are lit.
There is one that creeps me out all the time when we pass it. There is quite a history to it...funny if it is true and no, I've never seen the ghost or the light

http://baileysprairie.org/pages/village-history.php
Old Jan 6th 2012, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I used to live next to a cemetery. One woman would light a candle on her son's grave every night at sundown. She did it for years. I think she needed to go to counseling.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 11:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
I used to live next to a cemetery. One woman would light a candle on her son's grave every night at sundown. She did it for years. I think she needed to go to counseling.
My SiL's dad died back in June. She had very little to do with him, she'd visit at birthdays and christmas type stuff. Anyway since he's died the whole family have become obsessed and visit his grave daily.

Her mother's house backs on to the graveyard and one of her grandsons has cut a gap in the hedge so if she looks out of her lounge window she can see him. his grave. She goes out and sits 'with' him twice a day. She (and the rest of them) need more than counselling. It's not like it was a sudden death, it was a drawn out cancer. Every couple of weeks my SiL posts on FB that she's missing him, or puts up a pic of him. Fricking fruit loops.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:58 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

When the old man uses the vacuum but doesn't bother to empty it when he's done. FFS it takes what, all of 3 seconds to tip the collection thingy into the bin? Nooooo. Instead, just leave it full of smelly ****ing dog hair in my sewing room with the door shut.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 7:45 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
My SiL's dad died back in June. She had very little to do with him, she'd visit at birthdays and christmas type stuff. Anyway since he's died the whole family have become obsessed and visit his grave daily.

Her mother's house backs on to the graveyard and one of her grandsons has cut a gap in the hedge so if she looks out of her lounge window she can see him. his grave. She goes out and sits 'with' him twice a day. She (and the rest of them) need more than counselling. It's not like it was a sudden death, it was a drawn out cancer. Every couple of weeks my SiL posts on FB that she's missing him, or puts up a pic of him. Fricking fruit loops.
We've a friend like that, but her husband died almost 5 years ago, she can't have a conversation of more than three sentences before his name comes up, and what he did/would have done. Every year on the anniversary of his death she has to be taken to the place they scattered the ashes, they have a picnic, and then set off some fireworks. She has dozens of his photographs in one area of her house like a shrine, and doesn't realise that she now has a life to get on with. Yes remember him, but not live a life dictated by his memory.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 3:01 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why this popped into my head but it did nontheless.

I really hate those people, we all know the type (the ones who if you dangled even a fake video camera over a crowd of them would kill, maim and gouge to be the one in front of it), anyway those people who whenever some person, simply by virtue of the fact that a few people might have heard of them, mentions the town they live in, or were born in, or once had a cup of coffee in, start whooping and yelling like a bunch of halfwits.

Never understood this kind of exchange:

Notable Person: "Hey!! I'm pretending to give a crap about the insignificant little shithole you all scratch out your miserable lives while I am busy being richer than you ..."

Halfwit: "Oh my God, someone mentioned the town I once scratched my balls in, out of the couple of million people that live in the metropolitan area, he MUST mean me!! Wooooo, wooooo, woooooooooooo. Oh is that a camera??? OOOOOOO, look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

****tards.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 3:03 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Not sure why this popped into my head but it did nontheless.

I really hate those people, we all know the type (the ones who if you dangled even a fake video camera over a crowd of them would kill, maim and gouge to be the one in front of it), anyway those people who whenever some person, simply by virtue of the fact that a few people might have heard of them, mentions the town they live in, or were born in, or once had a cup of coffee in, start whooping and yelling like a bunch of halfwits.

Never understood this kind of exchange:

Notable Person: "Hey!! I'm pretending to give a crap about the insignificant little shithole you all scratch out your miserable lives while I am busy being richer than you ..."

Halfwit: "Oh my God, someone mentioned the town I once scratched my balls in, out of the couple of million people that live in the metropolitan area, he MUST mean me!! Wooooo, wooooo, woooooooooooo. Oh is that a camera??? OOOOOOO, look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

****tards.
Been watching the politicians doing their "Town Hall" canvassing, have we?
Old Jan 9th 2012, 3:05 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Been watching the politicians doing their "Town Hall" canvassing, have we?
It must have been on in the background on the news or something, but on the drive into work I was reminded of the insufferable little flecks of knob cheese.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 8:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian

Just as bad are when the signs in the city tell me there has been an accident ahead - about 70 miles away, and at least 6 overhead signs outside of the city away.
That annoys the snot out of me too...either that, or them placing a sign 10 feet behind the accident, but after a 10 mile tail back, you've probably already figured it out

What is annoying though, they never exactly say at what junction of the motorway is, so you keep going thinking it won't be far, but if they said you'll be parked for the next 10 junctions you can just pull over and figure another route around...as it's just as annoying to do that and then have the GPS pull you back on before clearing the accident

Anyway, peeve for today, folks who ring the phone and then hang up after 2-3 rings...give me a second to answer the phone you numbshits...and why does the phone always ring when I'm in the middle of changing the kids nappy?

Actually, it could be summarised by anyone who calls me on the phone.

Back road pavements, they're lovely that the town has them in most parts, but really annoying that it's usually only on one side, and they switch over every 20 yards, so you're either constantly crossing the road without a cross walk, or walking on the road half the time.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 8:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
...Many of the gravesites had bits of whimzy decorating them - one had a sculpture of a dog taking a whizz, another had a Co-Op grocery bag tied to a stake, others had whirlygigs, another a whiskey bottle - really, all manner of things. Can you imagine that sort of thing on American graves or solar lanterns at the roadside memorials? OMG!
The few local cemetaries in town are like that...they're nice places to walk, because they're paved and easy enough to get to, so I walk around them a bit.

See all manner of weird shit on the graves, but whatever, people deal with grief however they deal with it.

The amusing thing is, all these cemeteries in town have a big sign that says the plots are only for town residents, flowers and other decorations are only allowed during certain times of the year between certain holidays and must be cleared the rest of the year, especially in the snow. Family are also responsible for clearing dead flowers. Oh and only open between sun up and sun down, which means not open for very long during some stretches of the year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.