Pet Peeves?

Old Feb 9th 2016, 11:24 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Old Feb 9th 2016, 11:56 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
A very UNcunning marketing ploy, but then if the tube touches the bottom of the container it doesn't pump so well. .....
It needs a tube with a curved end that lies on the bottom near one end/ edge/ corner then you could beat the last of the product down towards the tube end.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 12:17 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It needs a tube with a curved end that lies on the bottom
Actress... Bishop... etc.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 12:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It needs a tube with a curved end that lies on the bottom near one end/ edge/ corner then you could beat the last of the product down towards the tube end.
Surely it's easier to take the lid and tube off, do the same with the new one (that's been used a few times), put the old one upside down on the new one and let the contents drip into the new one. It's what I do anyway.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 12:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Actress... Bishop... etc.
"Bottle of lotion"?
Old Feb 9th 2016, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Surely it's easier to take the lid and tube off, do the same with the new one (that's been used a few times), put the old one upside down on the new one and let the contents drip into the new one. It's what I do anyway.
That's usually what I do, at least with the soap and other liquids. Lotion requires more effort, banging the bottle sideways, to get it off the bottom, then knocking the neck sharply downwards into your hand to get the last out. ..... Did I ever mention I am from Yorkshire?
Old Feb 9th 2016, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
put the old one upside down on the new one and let the contents drip into the new one. It's what I do anyway.
That's not how I see gravity working where you are at all.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 12:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
That's not how I see gravity working where you are at all.
Upside down is upside down regardless of whether you yourself are upside down.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 1:15 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

That's usually what I do, at least with the soap and other liquids. Lotion requires more effort, banging the bottle sideways, to get it off the bottom, then knocking the neck sharply downwards into your hand to get the last out. ..... Did I ever mention I am from Yorkshire?
Reminds me of an old girlfriend...
Old Feb 9th 2016, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Also applies to other things like all purpose cleaners or window cleaner. Irritation to the max.
Thank his noodliness for screw cap tops. Remove cap, pour fluid into replacement, pennies saved
My missus thinks I'm nuts for piercing a small hole in the bottom of washing detergent bottles and draining the remaining fluid into the cap (as the design of the top restricts the emptying of the bottle)... I can usually fill the cap enough for a full wash load, what I can't understand is why a person wouldn't???
Old Feb 9th 2016, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Thank his noodliness for screw cap tops. Remove cap, pour fluid into replacement, pennies saved.

My missus thinks I'm nuts for piercing a small hole in the bottom of washing detergent bottles and draining the remaining fluid into the cap ....
If you're using a giant bottle of detergent, with separate valve and vent cap, it drains better through the vent cap hole.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 2:37 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

If you're using a giant bottle of detergent, with separate valve and vent cap, it drains better through the vent cap hole.
Like the old cartons of friut juice - having to pierce a second hole so the juice pours out of the pouring hole.

I use powder in my washing machine, so that's one thing I can actually get every last drop of
Old Feb 9th 2016, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

I read recently about a coating they'd developed that allows all the contents to be poured out.
Already in use for Hellman's mayonnaise squeezy bottles in the UK. It works well at bringing it all down to the bottom, but the poor design of the bottle shape that means you still have to take off the lid and use a finger flexible kitchen do-dah to sweep round and get out the last serving or two gathering at the bottom.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 3:50 pm

..... I read recently about a coating they'd developed that allows all the contents to be poured out.
That sounds repulsive.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 3:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I do the same. I also cut tubes of lotion etc in half...it's surprising how much is left inside an 'empty' tube.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.