Pet Peeves?

Old Feb 9th 2016, 4:04 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Lotion requires more effort, banging the bottle sideways, to get it off the bottom, then knocking the neck sharply downwards into your hand to get the last out. ..... Did I ever mention I am from Yorkshire?
Can't you just soak her with the hose again until she does it properly?
Old Feb 9th 2016, 4:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I do the same. I also cut tubes of lotion etc in half. ....
That is usually my last step too, before consigning the bottle to the recycling bin.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 4:20 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I do the same. I also cut tubes of lotion etc in half...it's surprising how much is left inside an 'empty' tube.
Just needs to be careful with the scissors in close proximity to the tube of J Y Kelly.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 3:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
... I read recently about a coating they'd developed that allows all the contents to be poured out.
There is. Originally designed for airplanes, to make it easier to de-ice the wings.

Elmer, the glue folks bought the rights to use it...don't know if they are using it though.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 9:32 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Soap, shampoo, and lotion "pump" bottles where the pump tube doesn't reach the bottom of the bottle; not even close!
Container Store sells mini spatulas for just that purpose.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 2:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Container Store sells mini spatulas for just that purpose.
Unless the Bottle is conical they are likely ineffective, and if the bottle isn't transparent you are just waving the spatula around hoping to find something. A utility knife from Lowes, on the other hand, to slice open the bottle is easy and 100% effective.

That said we have a set of mini spatulas, which I use for mayo and anything in a glass bottle that doesn't drain out on its own.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 1:37 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

People who enter an intersection when there is not sufficient space on the other side of the intersection for their car to fit, so they just sit actually in it, blocking the way for those on the cross road once the light turns red. Applies to a left turn in this case, but equally annoying when people travelling straight ahead do it and block a cross street.

I was luckily in front of it this morning, but there's one light in particular that gets mildly backed up on my way into work. I had a bus in front of me, I estimated (correctly) that there was enough room for it and me on the road we were turning on to, at which point the back of my car just cleared the light pole and no more. At least five more cars, if not more, proceeded to follow me instead of waiting at the line for their turn (and I don't care if there's a green light, only utter douchecanoes proceed into an intersection with no room - they are up there with left lane hoggers on the Interstate). Three of them had to do that thing where they pull alongside the person in front of them, making an utter cluster**** within the intersection itself.

Every bloody morning some twathandle does that. I've had people pull out and around me while I wait by the line for a space to clear. May they all chance a fart and follow through after eating spicy food on the hottest day of the year with no access to bog roll. ****ing knobmonkeys the lot of them.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 2:58 pm

The USPS tracking web site thinks "The item is currently in transit to the destination." is useful information!
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 3:01 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

The USPS tracking web site thinks "The item is currently in transit to the destination." is useful information!
They're using a giant catapult. Your package is currently in mid-air.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
They're using a giant catapult. Your package is currently in mid-air.
I thought it meant it is in a Ford panel van.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Woah there, don't go all rushing into putting the package in a van already. I've got to have a word with the union boys who is allowed to take it from the shelf to the van.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 5:14 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

That is "Laser Ship".
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 5:20 pm
I have a comma problem

If you wanted luxuries like that you should have had it shipped via FedEx
Old Feb 26th 2016, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

... only utter douchecanoes proceed into an intersection with no room - they are up there with left lane hoggers on the Interstate). ...
Let's face it - left lane hoggers are nowhere near as useless and troublesome as people who block intersections - not even close! Lane hogging in the US is just a way of life, and one that is quite easy to adapt to and (literally) 'work around'. Blocking intersections is an utter disaster.

Every bloody morning some twathandle does that. I've had people pull out and around me while I wait by the line for a space to clear. May they all chance a fart and follow through after eating spicy food on the hottest day of the year with no access to bog roll. ****ing knobmonkeys the lot of them.
One thing I used to do in this situation was to turn the corner, then keep a long gap in front of me until the light changed (behind me) and then pull forward, thus freeing up a bunch of space to allow all the cars to clear the intersection. Not always easy but helped sometimes.
Old Feb 26th 2016, 6:03 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Let's face it - left lane hoggers are nowhere near as useless and troublesome as people who block intersections - not even close! Lane hogging in the US is just a way of life, and one that is quite easy to adapt to and (literally) 'work around'. Blocking intersections is an utter disaster.
In terms of seriousness of the offence, yeah you're right. Actually, my biggest peeve in the left lane are the arseholes who even when you're only using it to pass will still run right up your arse through the entire duration of the pass.

Now, often I'll be passing 3 or 4 slower cars before I move back right again, so that one really does grind my gears. Satisfaction is immense if the fuzz pull them over farther down the road though.

Originally Posted by Steerpike
One thing I used to do in this situation was to turn the corner, then keep a long gap in front of me until the light changed (behind me) and then pull forward, thus freeing up a bunch of space to allow all the cars to clear the intersection. Not always easy but helped sometimes.
That can work if you have room.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.