Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Jun 15th 2015, 5:14 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I see that 15% has mysteriously disappeared.
I saw that. If I had been handed a bill like that 15% at most is what I would have left, along with some written advice.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Lord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
I saw that. If I had been handed a bill like that 15% at most is what I would have left, along with some written advice.
I had an argument with my wife, who couldn't believe I was planning on leaving 10%. I mean, the waitress got our orders wrong and then charged us incorrectly, I though 10% was generous.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

I see that 15% has mysteriously disappeared.
I expect the $2.13 wage hasn't gone up so the expected tipping percentage has.

When my daughter worked for Noodles they paid them $8.50 an hour to start and didn't have customers tip. Though she caught the CEO lying in an article saying if a customer wanted to tip the staff member could keep it. That was not the case, the company kept the tips.

Last edited by Mrs Danvers; Jun 15th 2015 at 5:25 am. Reason: Didn't realize how lousy the minimum tipped wage was
Old Jun 15th 2015, 5:24 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

We generally tip pretty well, though I do find the whole thing annoying.

Over all, we are lucky with our wait staff... The local diner has some good ones.

I guess this works for the bad ones...

Old Jun 15th 2015, 5:28 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Little League umpire calling strikes when they clearly were not, and out when they clearly were not. Who come over and berates our teams parents for heckling him about his bad calls and gets quite nasty. Then admits to our teams coaches after the game he was in fact doing just that because he felt sorry for the other team as they were not as good as us.

Not only is he a jerk normally but he has now demonstrated to our kids that cheating is acceptable.
...and you have demonstrated that it is acceptable to heckle the umpire - well done you.

Old Jun 15th 2015, 5:47 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Yeah great, way to ruin a perfectly good discussion about the weather!
If I may divert us back to that, it's shit here right now.

The peevishness of it was having to run the heaters to clear the windows, which made it unbearably hot, but if I ran the AC the windows steamed up, thus requiring use of the heaters again. Of course, if I'd opened the windows I'd have been drowned.

Where is that First World Problems thread ... ?

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
...and you have demonstrated that it is acceptable to heckle the umpire - well done you.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...066dadc05f.jpg
I did wonder about that. When I reffed soccer, we pretty much had a zero tolerance policy for parents (and, indeed coaches) who excessively heckled, questioned calles in a raised voice, or got generally abusive. I have seen both parents and coaches removed from the field in extreme cases. Questioning a call in a polite way was allowed, and we were always happy to explain but the bottom line was, we're not professionals, we can't be all over the pitch at once, and often we didn't have linesmen, so calls would often be missed and the advice was to just let it go.

Refs are hard enough to come by for youth sports as it is, because of shit like this, encouraging that behaviour just makes it worse.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 5:51 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
First World Problems
Stupid phrase.

/Peeve.

There, now about this weather....
Old Jun 15th 2015, 5:53 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Stupid phrase.

/Peeve.

There, now about this weather....
I know, but there is a thread with that name that knocking about the lounge.

Anyway, the weather is standard late spring fare for around here. Mid 70s, pissing rain, thunderstorms on the horizon and humidity through the roof.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 6:51 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
If I may divert us back to that, it's shit here right now.

The peevishness of it was having to run the heaters to clear the windows, which made it unbearably hot, but if I ran the AC the windows steamed up, thus requiring use of the heaters again. Of course, if I'd opened the windows I'd have been drowned.

Where is that First World Problems thread? ...
At the risk of spoiling your rant, you need a dehumidifier.

/firstworldsolution
Old Jun 15th 2015, 6:55 am
I have a comma problem

At the risk of spoiling your rant, you need a dehumidifier.

/firstworldsolution
Yeah, probably. It's only a handful of days a year where it affects me, of course. A lot of the time I'll have the air/temperature effects but it has stopped raining, at which point I can just open the windows.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

My Pet Peeve right now is the dam fly or 2 who saunter into the house and refuse to leave.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 10:02 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with almost all your posts, but IMO that approach is akin to punishing the victim.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 10:28 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously? ...... How about paying them a living wage?
And it's of the post-tax amount...
Old Jun 15th 2015, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the weather, this is a map of the 8pm (as in eight at night after the sun has set) temperatures in the Phoenix metro.

My eyeballs almost melted while walking the dog.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

Yet to the northeast of Sir Eccles in Colorado, I doubt if we even hit 70 degrees today to the north of the Denver metro area. It's June 15th and I have yet to put my sprinklers on for the lawn.

Sorry, Sir Eccles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.