Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Jul 8th 2015, 9:23 am
Banned

Maud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Take your overflowing cart to a regular cashier attended lane and leave the self check lanes for those of us who want to get the hell out of the shops in a reasonable amount of time.
At my supermarket there are about 8 self-check lanes, including 3 or 4 express lanes. So it wouldn't make sense to leave all these lanes empty save for the shopper with just a few items.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 9:27 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maud Araminta
At my supermarket there are about 8 self-check lanes, including 3 or 4 express lanes. So it wouldn't make sense to leave all these lanes empty save for the shopper with just a few items.
Yes, I would have thought that SoS would understand that the self-check out line is for the misanthrope, no matter how many items in the trolley. I try to avoid having to communicate with check out staff if possible.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 9:29 am
Banned

Maud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Danvers
Of course same large, large asshats have never been seen walking the dog either but that's a year round peeve of mine.
One of my neighbors has a lovely pit bull. Makes me so sad to see them drag him outdoors to do his business and then immediately drag him indoors again. Why do these people have dogs?
Old Jul 8th 2015, 9:33 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I try to avoid having to communicate with check out staff if possible.
LOL, if I am honest, that is why I use the self-check lane. Also cannot stand the way the cashiers manhandle my fruits and veggies, not to mention the 200 bags they use.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 9:36 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

No. Why?

IMO 1. Bumbling fools and nincompoops should be barred from the self scan lanes, and
2. Checkout assistants in the express lanes should confiscate all remaining groceries after the first 10/20 items have been scanned. People would soon learn.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 9:46 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I would have thought that SoS would understand that the self-check out line is for the misanthrope, no matter how many items in the trolley. I try to avoid having to communicate with check out staff if possible.
Indeed it's a bit of a blunder by Sultana there. Makes me question his misanthropic credentials.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 10:34 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think they're always used efficiently though. Doesn't necessarily have to be just a few items but it should be within reason. There's nothing worse than getting stuck behind some ****er with an overflowing trolley who is using one of the non belted lines, whatever way you slice it. Doubly so if they have a bunch of screaming little shits with them.

Actually, there is, the people who take alcohol through a lane staffed by someone who is obviously under 21, when the store is busy and line position is at a premium.

My objective is to get out of the shop as fast as possible, I am willing to make compromises in order to do so. Plus, you don't have to actually speak to anyone, just keep your head down, swipe your card and run like **** to the car park. Easy.

Originally Posted by zargof
Indeed it's a bit of a blunder by Sultana there. Makes me question his misanthropic credentials.
I'm after efficiency and a quick exit first and foremost. I do spend most of my time in the store calling everyone a **** under my breath.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 10:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pulaski
People would soon learn.
Yes, they would. To shop at another store.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 10:36 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
2. Checkout assistants in the express lanes should confiscate all remaining groceries after the first 10/20 items have been scanned. People would soon learn.
This is an utterly brilliant idea. What's the point in having a system in the first place if nobody is punished for breaking the rules?
Old Jul 8th 2015, 10:39 am
Banned

non belted lines
I'm being thick, no doubt, but can't think what this means.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 10:42 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

This is an utterly brilliant idea. What's the point in having a system in the first place if nobody is punished for breaking the rules?
I think double pricing on everything over the 10/20. Most would not realize until they got outside or home, minimal disruption and they will still get the message.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 10:42 am
I have a comma problem

I'm being thick, no doubt, but can't think what this means.
Don't know the technical term, the self checks that don't have a conveyor, just the bags on hangers.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 10:44 am
I have a comma problem

I think double pricing on everything over the 10/20. Most would not realize until they got outside or home, minimal disruption and they will still get the message.
That's a good one. Kind of like an arsehole tax, but in stealth form.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 10:45 am
Banned

Don't know the technical term, the self checks that don't have a conveyor, just the bags on hangers.
I'm sorry - bags on hangers?
Old Jul 8th 2015, 10:46 am
He/him

I'm sorry - bags on hangers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.