Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Jul 10th 2015, 1:28 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Not always, there have been a couple of good ones at our Walmart I have encountered.
I am sure you are right, but I have experienced so many bad ones that unless their queue is especially short I don't even chance it. These days I self-scan 90% of the time, or more anyway. ...... The local Walmart has recently installed self-scan and I have used that every time (twice) since the installed it.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 1:28 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Not always, there have been a couple of good ones at our Walmart I have encountered.
Same here - my screening criteria is more ageist than sexist......if they are older than me, they are probably slower too....!
Old Jul 10th 2015, 1:33 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Same here - my screening criteria is more ageist than sexist......if they are older than me, they are probably slower too....!
That's pretty rare IME round here, few cashiers appear older than their 40's, most appear to be students and/or in their 20's. Walmart has a few older cashiers.

Further to earlier comments, I rarely see specific "baggers" though that may be because I usually shop outside peak hours, either in the evening, or sometimes early morning (before 8am).

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 10th 2015 at 1:37 am.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 1:36 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
That's pretty rare IME round here, few cashiers appear older than their 40's, most appear to be students and/or in their 20's.

Further to earlier comments, I rarely see specific "baggers" though that may be because I usually shop outside peak hours, either in the evening, or sometimes early morning (before 8am).
We have a few older folk manning the checkouts, but mainly I would say they are in their 20's. The young ones are definitely quicker. As for baggers - it is very rare not to have one whenever I go, and if there isn't one specifically on the lane as they start checking out, you can guarantee that one will appear pretty quickly.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 1:57 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure you are right, but I have experienced so many bad ones that unless their queue is especially short I don't even chance it. These days I self-scan 90% of the time, or more anyway. ...... The local Walmart has recently installed self-scan and I have used that every time (twice) since the installed it.
The self scans at our Walmart are kind of shit. None of them have conveyors, or much room for more than a few bags outside the ones hanging up. That and the line is always much longer for them than for the normal checkouts.

Usually I get out quicker if I walk up a bit farther to aisles 13-17 or so. Quite often I've been able to get through and pay and on the way out, people who were in line at the self check are either still in line, or just starting to ring up their items.

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Other than trying to avoid under-25s as much as I can, I don't have that much of a policy because first and foremost my aim is to find an empty or quick-moving line and work from there. Because of how I unload the trolley, you'd need to be a really special kind of, well, special not to be able to bag it appropriately.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Avoid male cashiers like the plague.
They are the best. They are so much quicker and don't make as much small talk. I get through their lines twice as fast as the middle-aged ladies.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Anian
They are the best. They are so much quicker and don't make as much small talk. I get through their lines twice as fast as the middle-aged ladies.
They can certainly fill grocery bags more quickly, which was part of the problem I was complaining about when I made the comment you quoted.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 5:28 am
Banned

Maud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Lazy gets...
I've been staring at this for 5 minutes now and have finally figured out that you are using "gets" as a swear word. It's been decades since I've seen it used in that way.

The self scans at our Walmart are kind of shit.
They are. Each time I have used them, somehow the items have rung up twice. So then I have to go to customer service and wait in line for a refund. Which defeats the entire purpose of doing self-check in the first place.

Don't some stores have a system where you self-scan your items as you walk around the store with some kind of machine? Never seen it, but sure I read about that someplace.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 5:46 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maud Araminta
They are. Each time I have used them, somehow the items have rung up twice. So then I have to go to customer service and wait in line for a refund. Which defeats the entire purpose of doing self-check in the first place.
That's never happened to me ...

Ours are just shit in that they have no conveyors and there isn't a lot of room for stuff in the bagging area.

Don't some stores have a system where you self-scan your items as you walk around the store with some kind of machine? Never seen it, but sure I read about that someplace.
Did a quick google, it looks like it was at least done as a trial. I'm not sure of anywhere it has been fully implemented though.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 5:54 am

..... Did a quick google, it looks like it was at least done as a trial. I'm not sure of anywhere it has been fully implemented though.
You can do that in Sainsbury's in the UK, they introduced it at least ten years ago. When you check out they either bill you based on what you scanned, or check a sample of your groceries, or occasionally "the system" requires a complete rescan, for audit/verification purposes.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 6:31 am
I have a comma problem

You can do that in Sainsbury's in the UK, they introduced it at least ten years ago. When you check out they either bill you based on what you scanned, or check a sample of your groceries, or occasionally "the system" requires a complete rescan, for audit/verification purposes.
I am hard pushed to remember the last time I was in a Sainsbury's

That random rescan sounds like a lovely potential pain in the arse though, doesn't it?
Old Jul 10th 2015, 7:00 am
Banned

Maud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond reputeMaud Araminta has a reputation beyond repute

Metric measurements.

Celsius temperatures.

Taking a walk in high humidity and $50 worth of Clinique floats right off my face.

Seeing little birds on the ground that cannot fly. Ruins my day
Old Jul 10th 2015, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Metric measurements.

Celsius temperatures.

Taking a walk in high humidity and $50 worth of Clinique floats right off my face.

Seeing little birds on the ground that cannot fly. Ruins my day
Metric's a doddle! Base 10 what could be simpler.
Not sure about the Celsius proble
Take the baby bird home and rear it- don't just walk on by, unless of course momma's around.
As for your make-up..... Do you really need it?
Old Jul 10th 2015, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Ps I like your name
Old Jul 10th 2015, 7:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
Metric's a doddle! Base 10 what could be simpler.
Not sure about the Celsius proble
Take the baby bird home and rear it- don't just walk on by, unless of course momma's around.
As for your make-up..... Do you really need it?
I think Maud's point was everything is in metric except the temperature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.