Pet Peeves?

Old Dec 31st 2015, 10:35 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by mrken30
Some weird American thing. I have found "English" style yoghurts , but they just dont taste the same. I would rather have a 20p Tesco yoghurt than some of these $1.50 US yoghurts.
Yogurt in the US seems to exist only as "low fat" and "no fat" variants. When British "thick and creamy" yogurt (which I'm not sure is still even available in the UK ) is only 4% fat, I am not sure why giving up so much taste and pleasure is necessary to save 4% of 150g.
Old Dec 31st 2015, 12:58 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Yogurt in the US seems to exist only as "low fat" and "no fat" variants. When British "thick and creamy" yogurt (which I'm not sure is still even available in the UK ) is only 4% fat, I am not sure why giving up so much taste and pleasure is necessary to save 4% of 150g.
American yoghurt pots are upside down for some reason. Also, they can't say it properly.

It's still more bearable than the ****ing drivers though. I swear if one more person tailgates me I'm getting rear mounted miniguns on my car.
Old Dec 31st 2015, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Forgetting that 'drive-through' coffee should not be drunk through a straw
You won't burn your lips doing that.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

They are often sold as a weight-loss product too. When the skinny girl in her underwear on the advert is worried about the amount of fat in her yogurt, you know she has an eating disorder rather than the secret to staying slim.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 2:08 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
... rather than the secret to staying slim.
None of those adverts will tell you this anyway. If you know the secret to losing weight is to eat fewer calories than you burn, you won't spend your money on all the latest fad diets.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
They are often sold as a weight-loss product too. When the skinny girl in her underwear on the advert is worried about the amount of fat in her yogurt, you know she has an eating disorder rather than the secret to staying slim.
The irony being these low fat versions have more sugar and crap in them while the full fat one will actually leave you more satiated.

Look for Liberte Mediterranean brand very tasty full fat variety.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok its happened again

I'm in the queue (sorry line) in Starbucks, the dopey girl in front of me is screeching to her fellow cretin on the phone 'I'm literally in Starbucks right now'

No you are in Starbucks!!!!

I'm literally going to literally stab someone literally if I literally hear literally again
Old Jan 13th 2016, 5:20 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj6372
I'm literally going to literally stab someone literally if I literally hear literally again.
I doubt that is literally true.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm literally on my way to you
Old Jan 13th 2016, 6:15 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by dj6372
Ok its happened again

I'm in the queue (sorry line) in Starbucks, the dopey girl in front of me is screeching to her fellow cretin on the phone 'I'm literally in Starbucks right now'

No you are in Starbucks!!!!

I'm literally going to literally stab someone literally if I literally hear literally again
The worst thing is that the definition of the word literally has actually been altered to allow for such usage.

Though, really it's your fault for going into a Starbucks. What kind of people did you think you were going to find in there
Old Jan 13th 2016, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
The worst thing is that the definition of the word literally has actually been altered to allow for such usage. ....
Unfortunately that situation is not unique.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 6:27 pm
I have a comma problem

Unfortunately that situation is not unique.
I lost it the day I discovered 'irregardless' was a real word.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 6:33 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Though, really it's your fault for going into a Starbucks.

I lost it the day I discovered 'irregardless' was a real word.
No it isn't.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 6:35 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Nutek
No it isn't.
You're right. It was in Mirriam-Webster where I saw it. I just checked and Oxford lists it but appears to advise against it's use.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 6:38 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

You're right. It was in Mirriam-Webster where I saw it. I just checked and Oxford lists it but appears to advise against it's use.
Something to bear in mind next time you are conversating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.