Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 24th 2011, 9:16 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Well, we're not too keen on these neighbors - they're big on church and I'm sure part of their belief includes the flat earth theory. BUT! She seems to know everything that's going on in the neighbourhood and they are kind enough to watch over the house when we're out of town - not to mention any time we need help of any kind, they're johnny-on-the-spot.

As far as the Hallowe'en thing, what we do is the extent of it - some of the neighbours put up orange lights, hang ghosts & spiders from the trees and have big blow up features on their lawns with everything covered in fake spider webs. It is a bit much.
The whole thing just seems like a big waste of time to me.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 9:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Just a big money spinner...like Valentine's day. Both are sort of non occasions that have got out of control.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 9:26 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Just a big money spinner...like Valentine's day. Both are sort of non occasions that have got out of control.
I'll go with that.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 2:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll go with that.

Party poopers, the pair of you
Old Oct 25th 2011, 12:53 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
......- some of the neighbours put up orange lights, hang ghosts & spiders from the trees and have big blow up features on their lawns with everything covered in fake spider webs. It is a bit much.
My guilty secret.. when I hear on the local news that one hunter has shot another, that a snowmobiler died in a collision with a tree late at night, that an "ice fisherman" disappeared into the lake in his F-350.. my spirits lift a little. Related, when I drive past a decrepit trailer and see one of those big blow up figures consuming electricity, or when I go to Walmart and see my poorer neighbors spending good money after bad on junk for stupid holidays (and I include Christmas in that) I don't feel bad. These morons are keeping the economy afloat so that I can stash my savings away in my retirement accounts with a clear conscience.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 1:18 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit I just can't get into Halloween at all...same with Thanksgiving.
Thank goodness I'm not the only one with a feeling of complete apathy towards Thanksgiving.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 1:19 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Meh. Not my scene. I don't like any activity that forces me to interact with the neighbours.
Don't they say something similar... ?
Old Oct 25th 2011, 1:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
My guilty secret.. when I hear on the local news that one hunter has shot another, that a snowmobiler died in a collision with a tree late at night, that an "ice fisherman" disappeared into the lake in his F-350.. my spirits lift a little. Related, when I drive past a decrepit trailer and see one of those big blow up figures consuming electricity, or when I go to Walmart and see my poorer neighbors spending good money after bad on junk for stupid holidays (and I include Christmas in that) I don't feel bad. These morons are keeping the economy afloat so that I can stash my savings away in my retirement accounts with a clear conscience.
That reminds me of a conversation I had last week. The conversation turned from the economy to hiring landscapers, cleaners etc. He said only people who can afford to hire such services do so...I said that's the difference...we can afford to hire people but prefer to do it ourselves and save the money. Hubby is tiling the kitchen as we speak.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 1:35 pm

That reminds me of a conversation I had last week. The conversation turned from the economy to hiring landscapers, cleaners etc. He said only people who can afford to hire such services do so...I said that's the difference...we can afford to hire people but prefer to do it ourselves and save the money. Hubby is tiling the kitchen as we speak.
Err, he's tiling the kitchen... did you say we, prefer to do it ourselves?
Old Oct 25th 2011, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby is tiling the kitchen as we speak.
I'm glad one of you know where it is..
Old Oct 25th 2011, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I'm glad one of you know where it is..
He decided it needed tiling before he cooked dinner tonight.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 3:00 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Don't they say something similar... ?
I should bloody well hope so. I don't want those f eckers bothering me.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 3:08 pm

I should bloody well hope so. I don't want those f eckers bothering me.
I heard that the local 7/11 at the end of your street sells 20' barge poles, just in case you're around.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 3:10 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
I heard that the local 7/11 at the end of your street sells 20' barge poles, just in case you're around.
Hardly. I make such a concerted effort to not be noticed, I'd be surprised if anyone knew I existed apart from that blue car that disappears into that garage at 6:00 every evening.

Blending into the background is what I do. Bargepoles not required.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

I love Halloween and Thanksgiving. Halloween is fun, I really like the amount of decorations/lights you can buy here, and like the whole Trick or Treat thing, but I have kids and live in a neighbourhood with lots of young families.

Thanksgiving is just a nice time to get together with family and eat lots and chill out together, without the pressure of buying gifts for each other (otherwise known as Christmas).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.