Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 23rd 2011, 12:45 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by tonrob
This applies to all of the cops in our town. I find it unbelievable that they will basically commit most/all of the motoring offenses that they'd nab you and I for in full view of everyone. Arrogant clag-berries.
Talking about cops.. maybe this is just a New York thing? They are very considerate & polite, they are going to do you a big favour. Instead of writing you a ticket for what you actually did, they will write you a ticket for something completely different, give you a break. For instance, instead of writing you up for being clocked at 55 in a 40mph zone, they'll give you a ticket for a broken taillight and restricted view (you have a parking permit hanging from your mirror.) You are relieved, send the ticket in. Then when you get the fine, you have a nasty suspicion that it was more expensive than the real infraction...??
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 3:33 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Talking about cops.. maybe this is just a New York thing? They are very considerate & polite, they are going to do you a big favour. Instead of writing you a ticket for what you actually did, they will write you a ticket for something completely different, give you a break. For instance, instead of writing you up for being clocked at 55 in a 40mph zone, they'll give you a ticket for a broken taillight and restricted view (you have a parking permit hanging from your mirror.) You are relieved, send the ticket in. Then when you get the fine, you have a nasty suspicion that it was more expensive than the real infraction...??
I got stopped for speeding late at night on the I-87 in upstate NY - the cop said he'd write me up for having a plastic dealer frame around my rear numberplate that was apparently illegal in NY instead of for speeding! Was still the wrong side of $100 after admin charges etc.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
When doing a 3-point turn, gits who just insist on passing no matter how awkward it is to do so.
yup - gits!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Harry bubala, you are too cool for school, but you're wrong about the biscuits, get over it.
No way!!!

Biscuit is a word derived from 2 latin words that basically mean 'cooked twice' - anything cooked twice will not have the consistency of a scone!!

I'm not saying these things are horrible (I actually quite like them!) - just don't call them biscuits... it's a trades description thing - a bit like "America - Land of the Free' - free? It's cost me a small fortune!!! (But I'm still liking it... as a 9 year old I used to wonder why you had to pay for things in pubs that had a sign outside saying 'free house'...!!!)

Old Oct 23rd 2011, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is this why the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act exists - to take attention away from the domestic corrupt practices??!!
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 5:42 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect it's something to do with a non-moving infraction not putting points on your licence. Keeps the insurance costs down over the next 3 years, so in that way it does work out cheaper.. especially if you already had points on your licence to start with.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 11:39 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Carving pumpkins.
messy, mucky mushy horrible things. But, I am made to do it every year.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 12:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Carving pumpkins.
messy, mucky mushy horrible things. But, I am made to do it every year.
Does someone stand over you with a gun or do they threaten to remove 'favours' if you don't?
Old Oct 24th 2011, 1:22 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Does someone stand over you with a gun or do they threaten to remove 'favours' if you don't?
More like the later. When SWMBO considers family harmony has been disrupted (e.g. Halloween non-participation), one never knows where it may end.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 3:54 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

-Server racks that go down and an 'IT administrator' who doesn't come in until after 11 most days.
-Abbreviations as part of (so called) 'acceptable' speech, and by extension, text speak
-The PC brigade
-Stupid people
-Speed limits
-Norwich City
-my bank balance
Old Oct 24th 2011, 4:11 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

My pet peeve came to light on Saturday when I decided (in an idle moment) to look carefully at my Verizon phone bill, apparently the first time I did so in several months...

When I got to page three of the bill, I see I have a $12.95 monthly charge for Rocket Communication, billed by an intermediary called ESBI. The helpful person at ESBI told me I signed up in March for voicemail and internet faxing or some such b***ocks. Out of the kindness of their hearts, they'll refund me $103.60, the fee I've been paying since March. It will take up to 2 billing cycles to get the refund, so I won't hold my breath.

I called Verizon who thank me effusively and often for my business. They put a block on third party crammers, and I told them I wanted to be switched back to getting a paper bill in the mail every month and paying by check.

I fondly remember the old days of the GPO in England. Good old black bakelite rotary dial phone in the hallway. None of your cramming in those days. God I hate the modern world. (Sometimes.)
Old Oct 24th 2011, 4:12 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
-Server racks that go down and an 'IT administrator' who doesn't come in until after 11 most days.
-Abbreviations as part of (so called) 'acceptable' speech, and by extension, text speak
-The PC brigade
-Stupid people
-Speed limits
-Norwich City
-my bank balance
Good grief, did the cat claw your knob when it got off your lap this morning? I suppose not, seeing as it wasn't mentioned...
Old Oct 24th 2011, 4:20 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Good grief, did the cat claw your knob when it got off your lap this morning? I suppose not, seeing as it wasn't mentioned...
Just my disillusionment at the beginning of another lacklustre week. After 32 1/2 years of them you'd think I'd be used to it, but it still comes as a surprise
Old Oct 24th 2011, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Not Mrs SultanOfSwing, then? Fair enough.
Sultana of Swing.

That's weird, I didn't realize I'd been taken to a week-old post.

Groundhog Day.

Last edited by Sally Redux; Oct 24th 2011 at 4:28 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Just my disillusionment at the beginning of another lacklustre week. After 32 1/2 years of them you'd think I'd be used to it, but it still comes as a surprise
After 10 years of this place, I'm used to disillusionment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.