Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:16 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Hardly. I make such a concerted effort to not be noticed, I'd be surprised if anyone knew I existed apart from that blue car that disappears into that garage at 6:00 every evening.

Blending into the background is what I do. Bargepoles not required.
Wait 'til they hear you're "Irish".. they'll be banging your door down just to hear you speak. They'll be wanting real Irish whisky, a demonstration of an Irish jig, a tune of the fiddle, you and your wife dancing the river dance, stories of the "Old Country", and your explanation of how you managed to escape from the tyranny of British oppression, over to the freedom of the US. You'd have so many new "BFF"s that you'd never want to leave the place.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:20 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
Wait 'til they hear you're "Irish".. they'll be banging your door down just to hear you speak. They'll be wanting real Irish whisky, a demonstration of an Irish jig, a tune of the fiddle, you and your wife dancing the river dance, stories of the "Old Country", and your explanation of how you managed to escape from the tyranny of British oppression, over to the freedom of the US. You'd have so many new "BFF"s that you'd never want to leave the place.
A short geography lesson would be the order of the day in that case.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:35 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead View Post
I love Halloween and Thanksgiving. Halloween is fun, I really like the amount of decorations/lights you can buy here, and like the whole Trick or Treat thing, but I have kids and live in a neighbourhood with lots of young families.

Thanksgiving is just a nice time to get together with family and eat lots and chill out together, without the pressure of buying gifts for each other (otherwise known as Christmas).
Partly depends where you live, how old the kids are etc. Also I think this extension of the Halloween season over a week or more is recent. Certainly, when we lived in a Boston suburb in the early 90s, and our kids were aged 6 to 12-ish, we had fun with Halloween. In those days it was just one night, whenever it fell, no compromising, rain or snow. My kids filled a pillowcase each with loot before they called it a day. We hadn't brought them up to eat candy, so we'd keep the loot in the fridge for a month or three then throw it away..
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:36 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

A short geography lesson would be the order of the day in that case.
Snigger. Yeah, it would.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:38 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Snigger. Yeah, it would.
It'd still involve having to talk to people though . Perhaps a quick 'v-sign' and a f*** you would suffice.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:45 pm

It'd still involve having to talk to people though . Perhaps a quick 'v-sign' and a f*** you would suffice.
You could say it in an English accent, they'd be sure to think you were an evil villain and stay away from you.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:46 pm
Doin' It Right

You could say it in an English accent, they'd be sure to think you were an evil villain and stay away from you.
No, they'd think I'm an Australian.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Err, he's tiling the kitchen... did you say we, prefer to do it ourselves?
I'm supervising.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:48 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I'm supervising.
Supervising? Is that where you stand there with a cup of tea telling him he's doing it wrong?
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Supervising? Is that where you stand there with a cup of tea telling him he's doing it wrong?
Got it in one.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:50 pm
Doin' It Right

Got it in one.
Ha!
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:51 pm

No, they'd think I'm an Australian.
Like they do with me, you mean?
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:52 pm

I'm supervising.
If there always has to be a supervisor.. why is it always the wife?
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:54 pm
Doin' It Right

Like they do with me, you mean?
Respond in kind by asking if they are Canadian.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:58 pm

Respond in kind by asking if they are Canadian.
I usually ask them if they're from Mexico, unless they're obviously from Mexico. The Puerto Ricans seem to hate to be called Mexican.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.