New adventures

Old Nov 17th 2022, 6:52 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New adventures

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Just about everywhere I go is very well cleared and/or gritted at entrances but occasionally the end of the drive to the steps might be a bit icy when either it's too cold for the salt to have worked or fluffy snow is hiding ice.

Are these QuickTrax things any good for that? I can imagine a certain grip but your foot still sliding.

I've only ever used what they describe as the "walk traction device" and they are excellent on icy surfaces (though I am also prone to take a ski pole with me as a walking stick if it is really bad) and in the snow. All my walking is done in the woods, aside from adjacent to the house. One time I ventured out onto my driveway without yaktraks and ended up in the emergency room with a broken arm!
Old Nov 20th 2022, 5:07 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jolly Good
When we left Texas in June we left our two special friends that we have known since 1989 when we first arrived. They are expats as well, Irish and English but had been in Texas since the 1960's. We had always looked out for each other and most weekends when we were all working we would have a night out to eat or a drink in our or their backyard and always a good laugh, crazy banter and lots of shared memories. We spent our last night in Texas with them and we made plans for them to visit us next springtime. We have talked on the phone two or three times every week since we left. Always ending with " see you soon".

Today I am heartbroken. My lovely Irish friend passed away.
I am heartbroken for her dear dear husband and her kids and grandchildren.

Her death was unnecessary. Not going into detail but there were mistakes made with treatment she needed. On Friday when I called her she told me she was scared something bad was going to happen. On Saturday she had a heart cath to check if her previous stents were blocked. They were. Today she was waiting for bypass surgery. She passed away before surgery started.

Her pain first started almost 2 months ago and it took until this last week for her cardiologist to figure out something was very wrong. Two months too late.

Thanks for listening to me guys

Very sorry to have missed this earlier, and far more sorry for your news.
Old Dec 8th 2022, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

So my kitchen

Cabinets were delivered back in October as promised. Two wall cabinets were badly damaged and one floor cabinet was totally missing.
Home Depot recorded them and promised to put a rush on the order. A rush?The missing floor cabinet arrived on Monday and the two replacement wall cabinets may or may not be here tomorrow. Because we didn't have all the floor units until Monday the Quartz top people couldn't do the template until yesterday. They are trying to fit us in to fit them on December 20th, but it may not happen as they are short staffed. So no working kitchen for Thanksgiving and probably not one for Christmas.

So glad our daughter lives down the hill

Oh and our refrigerator died so our Christmas present to each other is a nice new one that still had a Black Friday sale price on it
Old Dec 8th 2022, 11:58 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and our refrigerator died so our Christmas present to each other is a nice new one that still had a Black Friday sale price on it
From Home Depot?
Old Dec 9th 2022, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
From Home Depot?
Actually, yes.

It was delivered the day after we bought it.
Old Dec 9th 2022, 8:19 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

So my kitchen

Cabinets were delivered back in October as promised. Two wall cabinets were badly damaged and one floor cabinet was totally missing.
Home Depot recorded them and promised to put a rush on the order. A rush?The missing floor cabinet arrived on Monday and the two replacement wall cabinets may or may not be here tomorrow. Because we didn't have all the floor units until Monday the Quartz top people couldn't do the template until yesterday. They are trying to fit us in to fit them on December 20th, but it may not happen as they are short staffed. So no working kitchen for Thanksgiving and probably not one for Christmas.

So glad our daughter lives down the hill

Actually, yes.

How is the oven/stove doing?
Old Dec 9th 2022, 12:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, yes.

I went to Home Depot - cycling there - back in 2005. I bought a small fridge and a chest freezer, needing delivery. Too big and bulky for my bike

I paid and cycled home, about 15 minutes, to find them delivering.
Old Dec 9th 2022, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
How is the oven/stove doing?
It's good.
I guess I shouldn't totally blame Home Depot for the problems. It is partly the fault of the company that supply the cabinets, Thomasville. Home Depot don't stock these cabinets so the delivery mix up and damaged cabinets was down to the supplier. But the missing cabinet was the fault of Home Depot!
Old Dec 26th 2022, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

The kitchen

All cabinets are now fitted. Quartz people arrived on the 20th as promised.
Sink and dishwasher hooked up. I finally have a working kitchen and we had a Christmas dinner!

One more thing to do. We have to tile a back splash and of course the tiles I wanted had to be ordered. Fingers crossed they will arrive on the 30th. So it might be complete by the end of the year!

( excuse the dirty floor. TheQuartz fitters had just left. They had snowy slushy boots on!)
Old Dec 26th 2022, 4:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It looks wonderful. Nice to see that you installed one sink, instead of a double, and that it is over the counter instead of under the counter. Love the cabinets.
Old Dec 26th 2022, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Love your new kitchen, specially the cabinets. The floor tiles look very similar to what we ordered to get fitted it January. Snow and slush will be very different to what you were used to.
Old Dec 26th 2022, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

The kitchen looks great. Are you getting used to the cold weather and snow in Pennsylvania?
Old Dec 26th 2022, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Great color scheme! And I love the quartz! And you have gas - unbeatable for cooking.

Rete commented on the sink; how is that fitted, exactly? It's not 'under' the counter, but it's also not 'on' it - it seems like it is sitting in a recess. Something I don't recall seeing before.

Last edited by Steerpike; Dec 26th 2022 at 6:26 pm.
Old Dec 26th 2022, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
It looks wonderful. Nice to see that you installed one sink, instead of a double, and that it is over the counter instead of under the counter. Love the cabinets.
Thanks. It is very similar to the one we had put in our Texas house and I guess I liked it enough to almost recopy it!
Old Dec 26th 2022, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by joto
Love your new kitchen, specially the cabinets. The floor tiles look very similar to what we ordered to get fitted it January. Snow and slush will be very different to what you were used to.
It was worth the wait and the hiccups along the way. The floor was already in place when we moved in. It does clean up very easily so you should like it.

Originally Posted by ddsrph
The kitchen looks great. Are you getting used to the cold weather and snow in Pennsylvania?
Thanks. I'll post again when we have finished tiling the wall.
The weather is ideal for inside projects. Next project is the bedroom closets. Of course M doesn't know that yet

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Great color scheme! And I love the quartz! And you have gas - unbeatable for cooking.

Rete commented on the sink; how is that fitted, exactly? It's not 'under' the counter, but it's also not 'on' it - it seems like it is sitting in a recess. Something I don't recall seeing before.
It is sitting on the quartz with a sink sized cabinet under it. The quartz guys dropped it in and glued it down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.