British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   New adventures (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/new-adventures-943264/)

Jolly Good Mar 22nd 2022 3:19 pm

New adventures

We had our realtor come by yesterday and she is taking pictures next week and then our house will officially be up for sale. After 33 years of life in Texas we are moving away.
As of now destination is a little unknown. A road trip is planned soon and then decisions will be made.

At last we can start to make retirement plans ( just 2 years late!):lol:

Lion in Winter Mar 22nd 2022 3:27 pm

Re: New adventures

Originally Posted by Jolly Good (Post 13102928)
We had our realtor come by yesterday and she is taking pictures next week and then our house will officially be up for sale. After 33 years of life in Texas we are moving away.
As of now destination is a little unknown. A road trip is planned soon and then decisions will be made.

New adventures - the best thing every. Just keep going forward :)

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...b9496cc514.jpg

spouse of scouse Mar 22nd 2022 3:32 pm

That sounds wonderful! You can put all the crap of the last couple of years behind you and be free as a bird for a while. I hope you'll have internet on this road trip, we can have a sticky beak follow along :D

Jolly Good Mar 22nd 2022 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 13102933)
New adventures - the best thing every. Just keep going forward :)

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...b9496cc514.jpg

Perfect!

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 13102936)
That sounds wonderful! You can put all the crap of the last couple of years behind you and be free as a bird for a while. I hope you'll have internet on this road trip, we can have a sticky beak follow along :D

We have a destination of sorts but we are going to make it more interesting by adding in other places we haven't visited before.

I'll post pictures of our travels:thumbup:

BristolUK Mar 22nd 2022 7:35 pm

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...028dac28a9.png

BuckinghamshireBoy Mar 22nd 2022 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jolly Good (Post 13102940)
... I'll post pictures of our travels:thumbup:

Oh yes!

;)

BEVS Mar 23rd 2022 1:46 am

Fabulous news. So pleased for you guys.

Jolly Good Mar 23rd 2022 1:58 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13102985)

Now that would be an interesting adventure! I need to start knitting a long wooly scarf:lol:

Jolly Good Mar 23rd 2022 2:03 am

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy (Post 13102990)
Oh yes!

;)

:wave:

Jolly Good Mar 23rd 2022 2:09 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 13103052)
Fabulous news. So pleased for you guys.

Thanks mate:wub:

ddsrph Mar 23rd 2022 7:53 pm

Unless you have a definite state in mind to retire in take a look at Tennessee. Decent climate and relatively low cost of living. If you end up anywhere Lynchburg in your travels look us up.

SultanOfSwing Mar 23rd 2022 11:38 pm

If you make enough from the sale of your house to have cash in reserve for whatever rainy days may be in store, renting (or even buying) an RV and travelling all over would be incredibly cool.

Or there's always going back to the UK :p

Originally Posted by ddsrph (Post 13103256)
Unless you have a definite state in mind to retire in take a look at Tennessee. Decent climate and relatively low cost of living. If you end up anywhere Lynchburg in your travels look us up.

As much as I love the idea of retiring to Wisconsin (snow notwithstanding, but if I'm not working and have enough books I can stay inside for a while in winter), Tennessee is on my list as far as regional climates go to retire to. Though it would be quite funny to go to North Carolina and annoy Pulaski in person ...

Jolly Good Mar 24th 2022 12:29 am

Originally Posted by ddsrph (Post 13103256)

At some point we will return to Tennessee. Our road trip a few years back included Tennessee but we didn't have enough time to stop for long. Will definitely let you know when we are that way again.

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 13103294)
If you make enough from the sale of your house to have cash in reserve for whatever rainy days may be in store, renting (or even buying) an RV and travelling all over would be incredibly cool.

Or there's always going back to the UK :p

As much as I love the idea of retiring to Wisconsin (snow notwithstanding, but if I'm not working and have enough books I can stay inside for a while in winter), Tennessee is on my list as far as regional climates go to retire to. Though it would be quite funny to go to North Carolina and annoy Pulaski in person ...

RV traveling doesn't really appeal to me but we are certainly going to move around more. Our plan is too also spend longer back in the UK as well.

We are just hoping our house sells quickly:fingerscrossed:

Our daughter and son in law put their house on the market just yesterday and the realtor has shown it 5 times today already!!
So we are hopeful.

We did do a road trip to North Carolina and I loved it. We stayed in a place called Maggie's Valley mostly because there is a huge motorcycle museum there but it was a lovely little town. I would love to go back there.I wonder if Pulaski lives near by?:lol:

SultanOfSwing Mar 24th 2022 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Jolly Good (Post 13103299)
At some point we will return to Tennessee. Our road trip a few years back included Tennessee but we didn't have enough time to stop for long. Will definitely let you know when we are that way again.

RV traveling doesn't really appeal to me but we are certainly going to move around more. Our plan is too also spend longer back in the UK as well.

We are just hoping our house sells quickly:fingerscrossed:

Our daughter and son in law put their house on the market just yesterday and the realtor has shown it 5 times today already!!
So we are hopeful.

We did do a road trip to North Carolina and I loved it. We stayed in a place called Maggie's Valley mostly because there is a huge motorcycle museum there but it was a lovely little town. I would love to go back there.I wonder if Pulaski lives near by?:lol:

Your house probably will sell quickly. Houses don't tend to stay on the market for long at the moment, at least not round here anyway.

NC does sound and look nice from what I know. It gets a high score right out of the gate for the comparative lack of snow.

Jolly Good Mar 24th 2022 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 13103309)
Your house probably will sell quickly. Houses don't tend to stay on the market for long at the moment, at least not round here anyway.

NC does sound and look nice from what I know. It gets a high score right out of the gate for the comparative lack of snow.

My daughter just called. Third day of their house on the market and they have a cash offer of over $30k of the asking price. She is in shock right now:lol: