New adventures

Old Jul 20th 2023, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New adventures

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I doubt you can buy a pony for a pony these days.
Oh look! Real money
Old Jul 20th 2023, 5:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I doubt you can buy a pony for a pony these days.
That made me wonder if that's where first use came from originally - buying a Pony for 25 quid - but I see it may be something to do with Indian bank notes.
Whilst this is not cemented in fact, the widely held belief is that the terms came from soldiers returning to Britain from India.

Old Indian rupee banknotes had animals on them and it is said that the 500 rupee note had a monkey on it and the 25 rupee featured a pony.
Originally Posted by Jolly Good
Oh look! Real money
Regardless of which currency I haven't used cash for anything since pre-lockdown

Oh, I tell a lie. I gave a big tip to the newspaper delivery woman because I realised I hadn't been appreciative enough with her monthly tip.
Old Jul 20th 2023, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

That made me wonder if that's where first use came from originally - buying a Pony for 25 quid - but I see it may be something to do with Indian bank notes.

Regardless of which currency I haven't used cash for anything since pre-lockdown

Oh, I tell a lie. I gave a big tip to the newspaper delivery woman because I realised I hadn't been appreciative enough with her monthly tip.
My daughter and family spent a long weekend near Philadelphia in an area that is mostly Amish. Apparently they needed cash for just about everything they did so son in law had to hunt out ATM's . The Amish like to deal withcash only.
Old Jul 20th 2023, 6:43 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jolly Good
My daughter and family spent a long weekend near Philadelphia in an area that is mostly Amish. Apparently they needed cash for just about everything they did so son in law had to hunt out ATM's . The Amish like to deal withcash only.
Yes I can believe that.

We have a kind of sect here that likes to use cheques rather than electronic transfers. They are called the Government of New Brunswick.
Old Jul 20th 2023, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes I can believe that.

We have a kind of sect here that likes to use cheques rather than electronic transfers. They are called the Government of New Brunswick.
I believe that sect is wide spread but sneaky enough to use different monikers to hide their greed!