Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Oct 29th 2016, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Boiler
With a mobile population how does that really work, what do you do about people who are waiting to join, let them die?

How do you prove residency in one part of a country.
I spent ~5 years working in AZ from 2009 to 2013. In order to receive favorable income tax treatment, I registered to vote there, got an AZ driver's license, and obviously paid taxes there. I also claimed the 'primary residence' exemption on my property there. Then, when I moved back to CA in 2013, I needed to re-establish residency there in order to be able to sell my CA property and get the tax break that is only available on your primary residence, so I registered to vote in CA, got a CA driver's license, and stopped claiming the primary residence property tax exemption in AZ. And of course, I started paying taxes in CA.

You don't just check into some motel and become a 'resident'.

EVERYONE will be treated at the ER regardless of residency (or insurance), so no one is left to die based on residency. How much you are billed is determined after the fact, as described above.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure it is needed to vote in CA, think Hillary gets the nod automatically.
There are interesting propositions on the ballot, such as legalizing marijuana, something I plan to vote for.

Further - I'm determined to vote for Hillary to hopefully send a message to Trump that this is not a close election.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

With a mobile population how does that really work, what do you do about people who are waiting to join, let them die?

How do you prove residency in one part of a country.
In Canada if you move from one Province to another you remain covered for 3 months by the health care of your previous Province...that covers the waiting period. I was covered by Ontario for my prostate emergency here in BC.

Silly question you pose about proving residency. Let's see...copy of lease or home ownership...letter of employment confirmation...among others.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO. Trump Supporter Charged in Voter Fraud Case - The Daily Beast
Old Oct 29th 2016, 6:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dakota44
In Canada if you move from one Province to another you remain covered for 3 months by the health care of your previous Province...that covers the waiting period. I was covered by Ontario for my prostate emergency here in BC.

Silly question you pose about proving residency. Let's see...copy of lease or home ownership...letter of employment confirmation...among others.
Hmm well a lease agreement is easily agreed and can be backdated.

There is no State to State situation in the US I know of.

We have a large transient population that would have issues with any of that.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What part of Driver's License and Register to Vote don't you understand?
Old Oct 29th 2016, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, "the polls are rigged"
Old Oct 29th 2016, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You astound me with your lack of knowledge. I moved to Florida from Ontario in 2009...went to the DMV handed them my Ontario license and passport to prove I was a citizen..verbably gave them my new address and walked out with a Florida license. Mobility from state to state is very easy.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 6:16 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure it is needed to vote in CA, think Hillary gets the nod automatically.
Maybe so, but we have a very important condom proposition on the ballot, so I'll likely head to the polls anyway...
Old Oct 29th 2016, 7:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Something like 20 or 22 different props on the ballot for San Diego County, several were local only though.

My wife couldn't believe how much was on the ballot to vote on.

Originally Posted by Steerpike
There are interesting propositions on the ballot, such as legalizing marijuana, something I plan to vote for.

Further - I'm determined to vote for Hillary to hopefully send a message to Trump that this is not a close election.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 7:33 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Something like 20 or 22 different props on the ballot for San Diego County, several were local only though.

My wife couldn't believe how much was on the ballot to vote on.
My voter information guide will keep us in firelighters until the next general election.

I'm currently using it as a doorstop.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 8:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dakota44
You astound me with your lack of knowledge. I moved to Florida from Ontario in 2009...went to the DMV handed them my Ontario license and passport to prove I was a citizen..verbably gave them my new address and walked out with a Florida license. Mobility from state to state is very easy.
Things change.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 8:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Maybe so, but we have a very important condom proposition on the ballot, so I'll likely head to the polls anyway...
Have you been propositioned by the lady who was so upset about this?

Old Oct 29th 2016, 8:38 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Have you been propositioned by the lady who was so upset about this?

https://youtu.be/3cn375jJ9Io
I should be so lucky
Old Oct 29th 2016, 8:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wintersong
I should be so lucky
Did she make her point? Have you come to a conclusion on the issue, which way are you swinging?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.