2016 Election

Old Aug 11th 2016, 4:37 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Inside Trump's Meltdown
Donald Trump's sinking polls, unending attacks and public blunders have the GOP reconsidering its strategy for November

When Donald Trump mucks things up, the first person to let him know is usually Republican Party boss Reince Priebus. Almost every day, Trump picks up his cell phone to find Priebus on the line, urging him to quash some feud or clarify an incendiary remark.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 4:41 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

It will be interesting how quickly Republicans will be jumping off the Trump Train now his poll numbers are in the shitter. Of course they'll spin it that he's said too many crazy things. But now that he's going to start damaging their reelection campaigns they'll be bailing out.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
You should read some of the things written on pro-gun forums. What Trump said about Hillary and the 2nd Amendment supporters is pretty mild in comparison.
You know, I think I'll pass on that.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 4:47 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

If the recovery from the recession has been so bad as the republicans keep on harping about the blame cannot be placed on Obama. It's a known fact that incomes have not kept up with the cost of living. Has the administration ever had any power over big business and how they distribute the wealth? What has happened is that American corporations are now largely controlled by people infested with greed whose only concern is the bottom line. When you think that the average American worker works longer hours than his or her European counterpart, has two weeks paid vacation a year (if he or she is even that lucky) then it's obvious that something's wrong here in the wealthiest country in the world.

Trump's big plans for a massive tax cut which would mainly benefit the wealthy, the ones who deserve it least, is just tired old trickle down economics that never worked worth a damn before
Old Aug 11th 2016, 4:57 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
It would certainly be interesting to know Gordon's views on Trump's stance on using nuclear weapons, waterboarding and killing the families of known terrorists. For someone who claims to be so concerned about human rights, he's been conspicuously silent on this thread about it.
You can always tell a Trump supporter. They wont come out and admit it but instead just trash Hillary every chance they get
Old Aug 11th 2016, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Yeah, no, some of my wife's family live there and it's not great. But it hasn't been great for a long time.
I wrote "seemed" a good economy in Warner Robbins area as I just visited and haven't reviewed in any depth there- but certainly more evidence of a better economy there than in area I am at currently. I saw more new businesses, more variety of stores, and from speaking to people when I was there, more job opportunities and better wages, and people in general seemed more positive, than several areas of Midwest I am familiar with.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Are you including the rust belt in your midwest? The decline of the rust belt has been going on for decades.
I quite agree the decline has been going on for some time, but the last 10 to 12 years it has become increasingly worse by any measure. Neither party has a monopoly on policies causing the decline, but they both appear to me rather clueless on policies to turn the economy around.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Everything you write is literally almost word for word the same crap I read on Republican blogs from the Dems being the war party to trickledown economics. Or maybe some was Mr. Barlow, I don't know - you're all the same.

Your experience just means my MBA is more up-to-date.....
I am unsure how my post could in any manner imaginable saying the Democrats being a war party, nor supporting "trickle down" economics. You indicated my assertions were false, yet in requesting you to identify how most or even one was false no response.

My experience is exactly that- having been involved with international business directly including specifically structuring operations which included criteria of which location was more beneficial. I listed my experience and academic qualifications specifically to your comments saying my comments came from blogs. Your MBA may be more up to date, but what was the major ? Did you specifically do any case studies on (a) subsidies for large corporations for marketing, advertising and export efforts (which I think is outrageous) (b) comparing the regulatory burden between countries (c) comparing effective tax rates between countries , and within different industries ? (d) have you any practical experience operating internationally on which to base an opinion.

Partisan comments that ignore logic from both the left and right do encourage dialogue and learning. I really am amazed how my comments could be related to those who claim democrats are the war party- my own opinion is the Washington establishment of both parties have mishandled the foreign policy the last 20 to 25 years in terms of the results we are seeing.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 5:25 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
You can always tell a Trump supporter. They wont come out and admit it but instead just trash Hillary every chance they get
I'm willing to bet that he is a Sanders supporter.

The narrative goes like this:

-Sanders voted against the Bush Iraq resolution
-Clinton voted for it
-Therefore, Clinton is a warmonger

The fact that Clinton went out of her way to call for alternatives to war makes no difference, apparently. She lacks the purity of a Bernie Sanders, and is therefore the spawn of Hitler.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
I quite agree the decline has been going on for some time, but the last 10 to 12 years it has become increasingly worse by any measure. Neither party has a monopoly on policies causing the decline, but they both appear to me rather clueless on policies to turn the economy around.
Increasingly worse? Do you have figures for that?

The economy of today is not the economy it was a decade ago. Heavy industry is not the mainstay it used to be and it is not coming back no matter how hard you try. Even if it did, it is more automated than it used to be so it wouldn't equal the same jobs either in number or skill level. I think industrial job growth is much more on the high end of the skill level than manual labor these days.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 5:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Really?

I'm not a Trump supporter but I try to trash Clinton when I feel she deserves it...which is most of the time. Although I do admit to saying the occasional nice thing about her.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If the recovery from the recession has been so bad as the republicans keep on harping about the blame cannot be placed on Obama. It's a known fact that incomes have not kept up with the cost of living. Has the administration ever had any power over big business and how they distribute the wealth? What has happened is that American corporations are now largely controlled by people infested with greed whose only concern is the bottom line. When you think that the average American worker works longer hours than his or her European counterpart, has two weeks paid vacation a year (if he or she is even that lucky) then it's obvious that something's wrong here in the wealthiest country in the world.

Trump's big plans for a massive tax cut which would mainly benefit the wealthy, the ones who deserve it least, is just tired old trickle down economics that never worked worth a damn before
Quite agree that something is wrong in a country that is as wealthy as the US.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 5:37 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP

-Clinton voted for it

The fact that Clinton went out of her way to call for alternatives to war makes no difference, apparently. She lacks the purity of a Bernie Sanders, and is therefore the spawn of Hitler.
If you think the Iraq war vote is the only reason that Hillary Clinton is seen as a warhawk, then you haven't been paying attention.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 5:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP

-Clinton voted for it

I've nothing against Sanders. Much of what he said made sense and some of his agendas are worthy of implementing but America isn't ready for a leader of the Euro type far left persuasion. Sanders supporters need to grow up, stop sulking like a bunch of ten year olds and get firmly behind Clinton unless they prefer a real war monger like Trump as a leader. That's the reality of the situation

Last edited by dc koop; Aug 11th 2016 at 5:43 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 5:43 pm
I love my brick!

I've nothing against Sanders. Much of what he said made sense and some of his agendas are worthy of implementing but America isn't ready for a leader of the Euro type far left persuasion. Sanders supporters need to grow up, stop sulking like a bunch of ten year olds and get firmly behind Clinton unless they prefer Trump as a leader. That's the reality of the situation
Why should they when Clinton is now courting neocons and begging for support from Kissinger?

The "yeah, but Trump" argument is, and always will be bullshit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.