2016 Election

Old Aug 7th 2016, 3:58 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by amideislas
All very consistent with Zakaria's bullshit theory.
Yes, there is a magical thinking aspect to Trump. Just lately, he's been saying that he's spent 60 million dollars of his own money so far on this campaign. That doesn't jive with what we know to be the case, yet nobody is even questioning those remarks. His tax returns could prove that his public declarations do not remotely resemble reality. This will not matter to the people who are die hard Trump supporters but the undecided voters may find it helpful in their decision making process.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 4:05 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that Trump has yet to release his tax returns just shows what a God awful campaign he's been running. If he would have released them last year, everybody would have chewed on them for a while and it would all be behind us by now. Political malpractice.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 4:09 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
The fact that Trump has yet to release his tax returns just shows what a God awful campaign he's been running. If he would have released them last year, everybody would have chewed on them for a while and it would all be behind us by now. Political malpractice.

Yeah, Les, but there is a certain reality: His campaign has been shockingly, inexplicably successful, despite being god awful. And without disclosing anything, he may well not lose even one of his supporters. To me, that reflects as much or more on his supporters than he himself. Used car salesmen are a dime a dozen. I suppose suckers are too.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

"globalism versus nationalism is the new ideological struggle of our time"
The Masks Are Off: The Economist Says Globalism Requires a Hillary Victory and Trump Defeat — Rogue Money

I don't think anybody need worry that Trump will be President. His enemies (globalism, imperialism) will be far, far too strong for him to prevail. Still, it's been a fun time watching. US Secretary of State Allbright, when asked about the 500,000 Iraqi children who died as a result of the US embargo on food and medicines, said, "It was worth it" [to remove Saddam Hussein]. Hillary says the same about the slaughters of civilians in the Middle East. Sigh.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 4:16 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Did you know that Hillary secretly went to prison for cannibalism?
Old Aug 7th 2016, 4:18 pm
WTF?

Yeah, Les, but there is a certain reality: His campaign has been shockingly, inexplicably successful, despite being god awful. And without disclosing anything, he may well not lose even one of his supporters. To me, that reflects as much or more on his supporters than he himself. Used car salesmen are a dime a dozen. I suppose suckers are too.
I find it incredibly sad that certain people actually believe he's going to reopen the coal mines and steel mills. He said it himself, "I love the poorly educated." Of course he does, they've never taken a course in critical thinking and have no idea how to deconstruct a fallacious argument.

IIRC Trump's "base", those that will vote for him no matter what, give him a solid floor of about 30%. The fact that Clinton is NOT polling at 60-70% is testament to what a shit candidate she is herself.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 4:19 pm
WTF?

Did you know that Hillary secretly went to prison for cannibalism?
Old Aug 7th 2016, 4:28 pm
Banned

I find it incredibly sad that certain people actually believe he's going to reopen the coal mines and steel mills. He said it himself, "I love the poorly educated." Of course he does, they've never taken a course in critical thinking and have no idea how to deconstruct a fallacious argument.

IIRC Trump's "base", those that will vote for him no matter what, give him a solid floor of about 30%. The fact that Clinton is NOT polling at 60-70% is testament to what a shit candidate she is herself.
She is a shit candidate. I have my doubts about all the wild accusations about her (although it's clear she's a politician, doesn't, and probably in some cases, cannot walk the straight line). But she's really a shit candidate.

I like Bernie's character, but his endless idealism is equally as implausible. Wasn't it politifact that compared all the candidates' stated policies, and found that Bernie's world would cost by far the most - something like $20 trillion in the first term?

Politics is a shitty job. best you can hope for is leadership who's wise enough not to take it too far either way.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

This is good.

Old Aug 7th 2016, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
You mean exactly like Trump's relentless hot air about Obama's place of birth? Not withstanding the fact that the word "focus" is totally missing from Trump's vocabulary -- he will do anything to avoid any focus on his lack of policy.
This is what is annoying and amusing about this election - if one questions something about Trump , the response is what Clinton does, if one questions what Clinton does, then the response is what Trump does.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Ron Paul is pretty cynical about the likelihood of Hillary being prosecuted for her crimes, too. He likens the present wars to the war against Vietnam, and the reluctance of that war's supporters to finally back away from the US military's campaign of ruthless slaughters.

People living in the US are naturally concerned chiefly with which Presidential candidate will do best for them economically. Crimes against humanity don't feature highly, especially when the victims are regarded as sub-humans. I understand that position, but my conscience doesn't allow me to admire it - and for the sake of the world I hope the supporters of Hillary and her sponsors wake up soon to the unspeakable atrocities that are being committed in their names.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Morpeth, if as you say so adamantly that his tax returns won't show any ties to Russia, won't show his real pitifulincome or his yuge charitable contributions, then why doesn't he release it like every other candidate has done so since Nixon? What is he hiding? He is standing as a businessman therefore we judge him as one on his income.
Already answered these questions in my prior post. It seems there is very little understanding of what a tax return shows, especially that from a wealthy with ownership of corporations.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

She is a shit candidate. I have my doubts about all the wild accusations about her (although it's clear she's a politician, doesn't, and probably in some cases, cannot walk the straight line). But she's really a shit candidate.

I like Bernie's character, but his endless idealism is equally as implausible. Wasn't it politifact that compared all the candidates' stated policies, and found that Bernie's world would cost by far the most - something like $20 trillion in the first term?

Politics is a shitty job. best you can hope for is leadership who's wise enough not to take it too far either way.
Bernie besides his character, had the advantage of an economic plan that wouldn't just tinker here and there, but make a dramatic gamble to turn the country around. Clinton's more of the same plus more regulation, more costs on business etc hardly a recipe for economic growth, Trumps "plan" doesn't seem to be a cohesive overall plan. Halfway measures I have heard from Trump or Clinton haven't convinced me either would solve the deep problems of the US economy.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This is not a convincing argument. You are basically saying that the American people are too stupid to do two things at once. You're saying that if Trump were to release his tax returns, the voters would somehow forget everything else in the election because their pea brains would only be able to focus on his tax returns from now until November 8th. This election has been going on for over a year. We have plenty of time look at the "issues" as well as learning if Trump conducts himself in a financially ethical manner.

--Not saying that as all, just that any distraction from the issues I believe is not beneficial.
--- Just considering many comments on this post about what some think a tax return shows, and I assume people posting on this threat are more educated than average, makes me wonder how much more distraction would occur.

Things that Trump's tax returns will give insight to:

CHARACTER:
  • Does he pay taxes?
  • Does he cheat on his taxes?
  • Does his income correspond with his deductions?
  • Has he lied about his wealth?

-----Yet again, a tax return doesn't show net worth, and in the case of the wealthy how much they are making since they have options what income they declare on their tax return
----- Someone as wealthy as Trump certainly has legal and tax advisors that prepare and guide his tax strategies, and I highly doubt looking at his tax returns whether he cheats on his tax returns. (Though I must admit looking at IRS correspondence concerning his audits could be revealing on that matter).

MATTERS OF NATIONAL SECURITY:
  • Where does his money come from?
  • Are there mob ties or ties to the Russians? Both have been alleged.
  • Who does he owe money to?

----Again, the above three matters will not be shown on his tax return.

He would have to put the businesses in the name of his children. Not a particularly big deal, lots of presidents have had this situation. The fact that Trump is a control freak and probably won't behave properly and ethically while in office ... that's the real problem.
(I inserted my responses within your quote, don't know how to insert your quote within y response as you do).

I think you raise a very valid point, I cant imagine him not taking into account his business interests while in office especially if his children are running the business.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ywfEkjgSkQ
Ron Paul is pretty cynical about the likelihood of Hillary being prosecuted for her crimes, too. He likens the present wars to the war against Vietnam, and the reluctance of that war's supporters to finally back away from the US military's campaign of ruthless slaughters.

People living in the US are naturally concerned chiefly with which Presidential candidate will do best for them economically. Crimes against humanity don't feature highly, especially when the victims are regarded as sub-humans. I understand that position, but my conscience doesn't allow me to admire it - and for the sake of the world I hope the supporters of Hillary and her sponsors wake up soon to the unspeakable atrocities that are being committed in their names.
I'll give you one thing; you stay relentlessly on-message. You should be an adviser to Trump.

Would you please, just once, present some 'correlation' narrative; not in the form of a link to a site, but actual analysis, that explains how Clinton specifically perpetrated just one 'unspeakable atrocity'. Something like, 'while Clinton was Secretary of State, she authorized (specific action) which resulted in (specific atrocities).' Then perhaps explain how that is worse than Trumps stated intent to torture prisoners, bomb women and children, and possibly use nuclear weapons. Or you can just keep up your usual pattern of going silent for a while, then posting yet another accusation of atrocities perpetrated by Clinton, using vague generalities.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.