Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Aug 7th 2016, 6:24 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by morpeth
This is what is annoying and amusing about this election - if one questions something about Trump , the response is what Clinton does, if one questions what Clinton does, then the response is what Trump does.
Actually, no. You were commenting about Trump and she answered you with her own comments about Trump.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

(I inserted my responses within your quote, don't know how to insert your quote within y response as you do).

when you hit 'reply', you see an opening 'tag' that shows 'QUOTE=....' , and an ending 'tag' that shows '/QUOTE'. These are wrapped in opening and closing brackets ( [ and ] ). You basically copy/paste those to end the first quote and then open the second quote. as in ...

quote=xxxx (wrapped in [ and ] )
blah blah
/quote (wrapped in [ and ] )
(your response here)
blah blah
(your response here)
Old Aug 7th 2016, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
I find it incredibly sad that certain people actually believe he's going to reopen the coal mines and steel mills. He said it himself, "I love the poorly educated." Of course he does, they've never taken a course in critical thinking and have no idea how to deconstruct a fallacious argument.

IIRC Trump's "base", those that will vote for him no matter what, give him a solid floor of about 30%. The fact that Clinton is NOT polling at 60-70% is testament to what a shit candidate she is herself.
The mining industry has been under attack under this administration, and by the EPA for many years under both Republican and Democrat administrations , so Trump trying to appeal to those effected by this is understandable. On an emotional level I find it incredibly offensive Clinton makes a comment about the miners losing their jobs, but that she will come to the rescue with alternative energy jobs- she is smart enough to know that is not the case.

I agree he has a certain floor, and other voters will hold their nose and put Clinton over the top- I think she will win by the greatest landslide in history in terms of the electoral college.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
when you hit 'reply', you see an opening 'tag' that shows 'QUOTE=....' , and an ending 'tag' that shows '/QUOTE'. These are wrapped in opening and closing brackets ( [ and ] ). You basically copy/paste those to end the first quote and then open the second quote. as in ...

blah blah
(your response here)
blah blah
(your response here)
Thanks, I will try that
Old Aug 7th 2016, 6:33 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

(I inserted my responses within your quote, don't know how to insert your quote within y response as you do).

I think you raise a very valid point, I cant imagine him not taking into account his business interests while in office especially if his children are running the business.
Okay. I'm done. It's clear you refuse to admit that there is anything to be learned from his tax returns. If you were correct, and you are not, it would be even more baffling that he won't release them. It is clear there is something in there that he doesn't want us to see. Regardless, it is a complete waste of my time to continue this conversation.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 6:42 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
He and Weld are very refreshing. Since I don't live in a swing state, I'm seriously thinking about voting for them.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Actually, no. You were commenting about Trump and she answered you with her own comments about Trump.
As usual you are very precise. Still I think much of what I see is the two sides deflecting questions by questioning the other side.

Reflecting on your posts on the tax returns , I have no reason to believe Trump has cheated on his returns though I assume he is very aggressive about taking advantage of the current tax code. On the subject of his releasing his returns maybe I am influenced by part of the country I live in- haven't heard anyone locally in discussing the election mention once his tax returns.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 6:53 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Bernie besides his character, had the advantage of an economic plan that wouldn't just tinker here and there, but make a dramatic gamble to turn the country around. Clinton's more of the same plus more regulation, more costs on business etc hardly a recipe for economic growth, Trumps "plan" doesn't seem to be a cohesive overall plan. Halfway measures I have heard from Trump or Clinton haven't convinced me either would solve the deep problems of the US economy.
More like a recipe for long term depression. All for good causes of course. But that's what naive idealism is all about. Nothing is perfect; Rome wasn't built in a day. Easy come, easy go. A fool and his money soon part ways. That's how it's always been, and always will be. There's always a rational middle ground, and throughout history, that's always been the most successful formula.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by amideislas
More like a recipe for long term depression. All for good causes of course. But that's what naive idealism is all about. Nothing is perfect; Rome wasn't built in a day. Easy come, easy go. A fool and his money soon part ways. That's how it's always been, and always will be. There's always a rational middle ground, and throughout history, that's always been the most successful formula.
The middle ground seems like a recipe of more of the same trends that are causing such problems. Sure Bernie's plan was risky, but so is continuing the current situation.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

He and Weld are very refreshing. Since I don't live in a swing state, I'm seriously thinking about voting for them.
I'd check first. Looking at 538 this morning, AZ is now in play. Red states stay red because people don't vote.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Okay. I'm done. It's clear you refuse to admit that there is anything to be learned from his tax returns. If you were correct, and you are not, it would be even more baffling that he won't release them. It is clear there is something in there that he doesn't want us to see. Regardless, it is a complete waste of my time to continue this conversation.
You are right that can't admit something that isn't correct, any of the items you mention whether his net worth, his real income, his debts, ties to foreign powers or whatever simply cant be ascertained from his tax return.

I am open-minded - because of your comments ( which usually are very logical and thought provokingl)I went and looked up Romney's returns to see if I was wrong. I wasn't. As far as whether he cheats on his tax returns while I doubt simply looking at his tax returns would show that, the alternative of his IRS correspondence on audit adjustments could show that to a degree.

You may be completely right it would have been better for him to just release his returns, but he doesn't seem to act in a way most politicians would , for better or worse.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 7:58 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I'd check first. Looking at 538 this morning, AZ is now in play. Red states stay red because people don't vote.
I've been watching for years. Texas may eventually become purple but it's unlikely to be this year. My feelings wouldn't be hurt if it happened by this November though.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 8:10 am
WTF?

This is an old story. My favorite part is where Trump photocopies his attorney's signature onto a tax return ---identifying the attorney as the tax preparer. When shown the document, in court, the attorney denies that he was the preparer. The original was never found.

Nothing to see here.

New Evidence Donald Trump Didn’t Pay Taxes - The Daily Beast

Last edited by Leslie; Aug 7th 2016 at 8:12 am.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 8:45 am
WTF?

I wonder if Trump's investigators ever made it back from Hawaii. They've been over there for 5 or 6 years now ... I'm still waiting for their report about Obama's birth certificate.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

I am open-minded - because of your comments ( which usually are very logical and thought provokingl)I went and looked up Romney's returns to see if I was wrong. I wasn't.
But we actually learned quite a lot from Romney's return. Such as where his income came from ( mostly investments) and the fact that he fudged his return by specifically not counting half his charitable donations so that his overall tax rate wasn't too low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.