Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Aug 11th 2016, 9:09 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by dc koop
The thing is if you dislike Hillary but loathe Trump then vote for Hillary. A no vote for either only qualifies you as being even more deserving of the government you end up with
The fact we have ended up with this choice in the first place is indicative of the state of the electorate in this country.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 9:12 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
or c) neither, but she feels she has a good chance of getting their endorsement given the behaviour of her opponent.
Are you trying to say that Clinton is a dove?
Old Aug 11th 2016, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Are you trying to say that Clinton is a dove?
I wasn't saying Clinton was anything, merely that there is a third logical option to what is going on in addition to the two you suggested.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Oh ffs. What's next? A cock measuring contest?
No way, you'd win....
Old Aug 11th 2016, 9:34 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

But if Clinton loses the progressive vote, then it will be the fault of her campaign and not the voters.
If progressives aren't smart enough to figure out that they lack broad support and will need to compromise with others who disagree with them on many issues, then they deserve to get nothing.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 9:40 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Trump surely has to be trying to sabotage his own campaign. He has flat out averred that ISIS was founded and co-founded by Obama and Clinton:

Donald Trump: I meant that Obama founded ISIS, literally - CNNPolitics.com
Old Aug 11th 2016, 9:43 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't it make more sense for progressives to concentrate on the House and the Senate anyway, since they will have a lot more of an influence over what a President can and can't 'get done' during a term or two? So vote for progressive senators/congressmen and work from the ground up, rather than trying to spunk it all on the Presidency.

To me, then, it makes more sense to vote for Hillary as she is the one who will be able to work with a progressive House.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 9:48 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

It just keeps getting better

Trump just confirmed every Republican's worst fear

Donald Trump: I meant that Obama founded ISIS, literally
Old Aug 11th 2016, 10:12 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Wouldn't it make more sense for progressives to concentrate on the House and the Senate anyway, since they will have a lot more of an influence over what a President can and can't 'get done' during a term or two? So vote for progressive senators/congressmen and work from the ground up, rather than trying to spunk it all on the Presidency.

To me, then, it makes more sense to vote for Hillary as she is the one who will be able to work with a progressive House.
Of the 435 members of the House, 68 are members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.

Of the 100 senators, one is a member, and you guess who that is. (His name rhymes with Bernie Sanders.)

That's enough to influence an agenda and get just some of what progressives want.

The reality is that there aren't that many progressives in America. If progressives want to improve their odds, then they need to get more Americans to agree with them. Griping about Hillary is akin to the Tea Party griping about Mitt Romney -- what can they possibly expect when they are greatly outnumbered?
Old Aug 11th 2016, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
Of the 435 members of the House, 68 are members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.

Of the 100 senators, one is a member, and you guess who that is. (His name rhymes with Bernie Sanders.)

That's enough to influence an agenda and get just some of what progressives want.

The reality is that there aren't that many progressives in America. If progressives want to improve their odds, then they need to get more Americans to agree with them. Griping about Hillary is akin to the Tea Party griping about Mitt Romney -- what can they possibly expect when they are greatly outnumbered?
Interesting
Old Aug 11th 2016, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Well you write way too much for one thing.

You can't say the tax rate is the highest but not acknowledge all the deductions. The effective tax rate is what counts.

And regulation isn't easy to compare without specifying an industry. But the US is pretty lax there too and I don't see much holding our largest companies back - we have some of the largest and most innovative companies in the world.

The only CEOs I hear complain about taxes and regulation I lump in with the same CEOs who claim to have increased shareholder value by eliminating 401k contributions.

And yes, in answer to your MBA question. Mine's not from Phoenix.

PS typing on a smartphone sucks.
My original quote :

That doesn't change the fact that US corporate taxes are higher than many of our competitors, and the regulatory burden is often much higher than other countries- and often regulations that make no sense

I quite agree with you that the effective rate is more important. Since I have specifically been involved in determining structure of overseas operations I have to consider such issues. And lowering the stated or corporate tax rate is quite obvious one of the factors to persuade companies not to move operations overseas.

I agree that each industry has a different regulatory burden implied by my comment above. Medical products, engineering and construction, mining (compared to Latin America), anything involving FNRA or SEC , anything involving the EPA, are a few areas where in the US regulations are quite excessive compared to many countries.

As far as CEO's I find more annoying instead of paying more dividends or investment more in business or worker training the trends in corporations buying back their own stock to keep prices up- CEO's make a bundle through stock options.

Last edited by morpeth; Aug 11th 2016 at 10:35 am.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 10:37 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

The fact we have ended up with this choice in the first place is indicative of the state of the electorate in this country.
Well the smartest and ablest people in the world avoid politics. All we get are second stringers and some of them aint too bright at that
Old Aug 11th 2016, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievable. Clinton should be an easy candidate to beat, yet Trump appears headed to the worst electoral college loss mainly based on his own choice of words.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 12:05 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
No way, you'd win....
And don't you dare forget it.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.