Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Oct 19th 2015, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by zargof
Diamond Joe to announce in the next day or two. Shit just got real.
My heart's going pitter patter, just can't wait to hear what Hamlet on the Potomac has decided.

Oh, Jim Webb is hinting he might run 3rd party. Wonder where he'll draw his thousands of votes from.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 12:26 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
I trust you're neither poor nor elderly. Do you plan to seek a replacement Voter Registration Certificate in your proper name? What is the procedure?
I have no idea. Why don't you research that for me? Gather the proper documents and fill them in for me? No big deal. Right?

Incidentally, at some point, before I got the falsified document from the state of Texas, I was listening to a bunch of left-wing alarmist reporting about the new Republican strategy to suppress voter turnout. Apparently, the Republicans were trawling the rolls of registered voters, digging into their public records, and changing the names on their voter ID certificates. It sounded a bit far-fetched to me but either way, I had nothing to worry about, because I had only one legal name that I had ever used. EVER. Fast forward ------> I've now been given a name, on a legal document, that I have never used. Coinky-dink? I don't think so.

The point is not that it is (should be) an easy fix. The point is that I shouldn't even have to. Shady right-wing ****wits shouldn't be ****ing around with my name.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
I have no idea. Why don't you research that for me? Gather the proper documents and fill them in for me? No big deal. Right?

The point is not that it is (should be) an easy fix. The point is that I shouldn't even have to. Shady right-wing ****wits shouldn't be ****ing around with my name.
Hi Leslie. I would be pleased to fill in the proper documents for you and make certain that not only do you register for the correct party, but later that you vote for the correct candidates as well. Over here, in the fever swamps of right-wing extremism, we aim to please...ourselves.

Actually, you probably have to re-register. The interesting question is how did the Great State of Texas learn of your husband's last name so they could affix it to your voter ID. An evil ex? Here is the info - simple fix:

Voter registration certificate
  • Once you apply, a voter registration certificate (proof of registration) will be mailed to you within 30 days.
  • Check your certificate to be sure all information is correct. (If there is a mistake, make corrections and return it to the voter registrar immediately.)
  • If you lose your certificate, notify your County Voter Registrar in writing to receive a new one.
  • You will automatically receive a new certificate every two years, if you haven't moved from the address at which you are registered.
If you move within the county If you move within the same county simply go to the Secretary of State's web site and change your address online or promptly notify the County Voter Registrar, in writing, of your new address by:
  • correcting your current voter registration certificate on the back and returning it to the County Voter Registrar;
  • filling out a new voter registration application form and checking the "change" box; or
  • making simultaneous changes to your driver's license and voter registration when you apply for or update your driver's license.
You will receive a new certificate with your new address. You will be able to vote in your new precinct 30 days after your change of address is submitted. If you miss the deadline (30 days before an election), you may vote in your former precinct as long as you still reside in the political subdivision conducting the election. Your residence is located in a specific "precinct," which is an area within the county. There are many precincts within a county. The place where you will vote on Election Day is located in your precinct. There may be combined precincts in order to accommodate joint local elections; therefore, in some elections you may vote outside your designated precinct. The County Clerk or County Elections Administrator can give you the specific location of your polling place, or you can check on-line to see if the County Clerk or Elections Administrator has that information posted. The Secretary of State’s Office may also provide polling place information at the “Where do I vote” link on its webpage prior to the primary, primary runoff and November uniform election date elections. If you move to another county You must re-register! Fill out a new application and mail it, or take it in person, to the Voter Registrar of your new county. You may not register online if you move from one county to another. You will be registered 30 days after your application is submitted. You will receive a new certificate. After changing residence to another county, a person may be eligible to vote a “limited” ballot in his/her new county of residence on candidates or issues common to the old and new counties. A “limited” ballot may be voted only during early voting by personal appearance or by mail (not on Election Day) if:
  • the person would have been eligible to vote in the county of former residence on Election Day if still residing in that county;
  • the person is registered to vote in the county of former residence at the time the person offers to vote in the county of new residence; and
  • a voter registration for the person in the county of new residence is not effective on or before Election Day.
Name change Promptly notify the County Voter Registrar, in writing, of the name change using the same steps as for IF YOU MOVE WITHIN THE COUNTY. You will receive a new certificate 30 days after your name change notice is submitted. You may continue to vote during this period. If you do not have your certificate in hand, you may sign an affidavit at the polls and present a form of identification.Texas Voting
Old Oct 19th 2015, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Incidentally, at some point, before I got the falsified document from the state of Texas, I was listening to a bunch of left-wing alarmist reporting about the new Republican strategy to suppress voter turnout. Apparently, the Republicans were trawling the rolls of registered voters, digging into their public records, and changing the names on their voter ID certificates. It sounded a bit far-fetched to me but either way, I had nothing to worry about, because I had only one legal name that I had ever used. EVER. Fast forward ------> I've now been given a name, on a legal document, that I have never used. Coinky-dink? I don't think so.

It's only a big deal if someone makes it one or is too lazy to correct the mistake, google it and probably take you less then 60 seconds to find the info you need to correct the mistake.

I have never been well off, I have never had a DMV within a convenient location as California just never had enough to begin with, and yet I still managed to get on a transit bus and get myself to the DMV office to get a license or ID card and pay the fee. Doesn't take a whole lot but the person has to be willing to put in some effort, if they choose not to, well not my problem, voting should require some sort of identification, common sense really as signing a declaration saying it's true is a little silly in 2015.

It's even more difficult in parts of Canada to get an ID, yet people here don't bat an eye at needing some sort of ID in order to vote, no controversy, the poor still manage to vote if they desire to do so.

Seems everything in the US has to be more complicated then it really needs to be.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 1:08 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly don't know what to do with these idiots. Seriously.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
It's only a big deal if someone makes it one or is too lazy to correct the mistake, google it and probably take you less then 60 seconds to find the info you need to correct the mistake.
It's also pretty easy to google and find out just the lengths one party is going to suppress the vote in several states.

It's even more difficult in parts of Canada to get an ID, yet people here don't bat an eye at needing some sort of ID in order to vote, no controversy, the poor still manage to vote if they desire to do so.

Seems everything in the US has to be more complicated then it really needs to be.
I'm going to bet that Canada doesn't leave the running of its elections to one particular party or other and thus doesn't see the kind of shenanigans you see in some parts of the US. In fact, I googled it in way less than 60 seconds:

"Elections Canada (French: Élections Canada) is an independent, non-partisan agency reporting directly to the Parliament of Canada."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_Canada

I also note that the id(s) that must be produced in Canada are rather more wide-ranging than what has been imposed in several US states:

http://www.elections.ca/content2.asp...t=index&lang=e

Compare and contrast to Alabama whose law requires one particular type of photo id that must be newly issued to everyone, whilst at the same time they closed 31 DMV offices.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Oct 19th 2015 at 1:53 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 2:02 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

NBD, I recommend abandoning your identity altogether.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 2:04 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Diamond Joe to announce in the next day or two. Shit just got real.
Politico are reporting that someone at the Washington Post accidentally published a 'shell story' that they had ready incase he announced.

Washington Post pulls Biden campaign launch story after 'glitch' - POLITICO
Old Oct 19th 2015, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

ACHOB (Anybody but Clinton or Bush)
Old Oct 19th 2015, 2:21 pm
WTF?

Ben Carson.

Ben. Douchebag. Carson.

Christ on a bike.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 2:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
It's also pretty easy to google and find out just the lengths one party is going to suppress the vote in several states.

I'm going to bet that Canada doesn't leave the running of its elections to one particular party or other and thus doesn't see the kind of shenanigans you see in some parts of the US. In fact, I googled it in way less than 60 seconds:

"Elections Canada (French: Élections Canada) is an independent, non-partisan agency reporting directly to the Parliament of Canada."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_Canada

I also note that the id(s) that must be produced in Canada are rather more wide-ranging than what has been imposed in several US states:

Elections Canada Online | ID to vote

Compare and contrast to Alabama whose law requires one particular type of photo id that must be newly issued to everyone, whilst at the same time they closed 31 DMV offices.
I don't care about Alabama for one, nor Texas, only care about California my voting state of residence.

I don't need to google the ID crap as I don't care about them, I wasn't the one complaining about some stupid card having the same name on it. She was and apparently too lazy to look it up on how to change it and showed no effort and just wanted to whine.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

Try insulting people less, insulting people the way you do, shows me how little you respect other human beings and are part of the problem instead of the solution to the current problems.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care about Alabama for one, nor Texas, only care about California my voting state of residence.

I don't need to google the ID crap as I don't care about them, I wasn't the one complaining about some stupid card having the same name on it. She was and apparently too lazy to look it up on how to change it and showed no effort and just wanted to whine.
Odd because when you previously wrote:

I just dont get the whole ID issue down there. Guess ive been in Canada too long. They have ID requirements and it doesnt seem to be an issue at all.
you did (i) seem to care; and (ii) at least imply that Americans were making a fuss about something that "isn't an issue at all" in Canada. Of course, it's now clear you were comparing apples to oranges in regards to voter ids admissible in Canada (a laundry list including such things as "a label on a prescription container" and "identity bracelet issued by a hospital or long-term care facility") and the single photo id required by some US states.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Oct 19th 2015 at 2:50 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 2:50 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Time for bed, I think, then you should perhaps re-read this thread in the morning. You have utterly missed the point of various aspects of the posts. (And if someone unilaterally gave me my OHs last name, which I have never used, I'd be ticked off, too.)
Old Oct 19th 2015, 2:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Odd because when you previously wrote:

you did (i) seem to care; and (ii) at least imply that Americans were making a fuss about something that "isn't an issue at all" in Canada. Of course, it's now clear you were comparing apples to oranges in regards to voter ids admissible in Canada (a laundry list) and the single photo id required by some US states.

Elections Canada Online | ID to vote
ID is ID, anyone in the US can obtain one, all it takes is some time, effort, and desire, nobody in the US is deprived of an ID.

I don't want to hear oh they are too poor, I am flipping poor and can't buy food some weeks, yet we both have ID's, responsible people have ID's.

Take a taxi or a bus and get the ID, I do not view it as a way to suppress anyone, only takes a little effort, time, and a fairly small amount of money to obtain an ID.

I see no valid reason to not have an ID.

Come to Canada and see how responsible adults vote, produce ID and don't whine about having to do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.