Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Oct 15th 2015, 9:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
If the girl in the article really cared about voting, she would go and get her birth certificate replaced. The article say's she was born in WA, in 2 seconds I found that you can obtain a birth certificate applying through the mail or applying online, if applying online you can have it within a week or for an extra $15 within 3 business days of ordering.

A hurdle, yes, but not one that requires much work or effort to obtain.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
If the girl in the article really cared about voting, she would go and get her birth certificate replaced. The article say's she was born in WA, in 2 seconds I found that you can obtain a birth certificate applying through the mail or applying online, if applying online you can have it within a week or for an extra $15 within 3 business days of ordering.

A hurdle, yes, but not one that requires much work or effort to obtain.
Maybe she isn't the best example but it isn't always that easy.

Take Alabama where they've also introduced a strict voter ID law yet simultaneously closed all the DMV offices in poor black neighborhoods.

To you or I, $15 dollars doesn't sound like much but what if that $15 dollars has to last you to the end of the month and if you don't fill up your car you can't get to work and you lose your job. Plus you don't have internet access so have to queue up in the library to use their computers. Oh but the library is only open until 5 and you can't get time off from work...

I could think of dozens of scenarios that for many of us here would have no problem to overcome but for many less well off it is insurmountable.

Not to mention the other part of the article where they are purging records. I'm sure that will be done fairly too.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 9:45 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

To you or I, $15 dollars doesn't sound like much but what if that $15 dollars has to last you to the end of the month and if you don't fill up your car you can't get to work and you lose your job. Plus you don't have internet access so have to queue up in the library to use their computers. Oh but the library is only open until 5 and you can't get time off from work...
Not to mention the fact that if you have to pay for proof that you are eligible to vote, then it effectively becomes a poll tax, which is a big no no.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 10:39 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Not to mention the fact that if you have to pay for proof that you are eligible to vote, then it effectively becomes a poll tax, which is a big no no.
I hate to get all constitutional about it, (but why not use it against them), it is against the 24th amendment.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 10:47 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I hate to get all constitutional about it, (but why not use it against them), it is against the 24th amendment.
You know they read the Constitution like they read the Bible. Twist the bits they like to support their view.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Unfortunately I believe the supreme court has already recently ruled in favor of voter id laws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawfo...Election_Board
Old Oct 15th 2015, 10:54 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I believe the supreme court has already recently ruled in favor of voter id laws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawfo...Election_Board

In keeping with the spirit of taking a leaf out of their book: They are wrong, the Supreme Court is not up holding the constitution. bloody liberals, the lot of them.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 11:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

We are in the same boat financially. But if we needed something like a birth certificate we do without something else.

I just dont get the whole ID issue down there. Guess ive been in Canada too long. They have ID requirements and it doesnt seem to be an issue at all.

Maybe she isn't the best example but it isn't always that easy.

Take Alabama where they've also introduced a strict voter ID law yet simultaneously closed all the DMV offices in poor black neighborhoods.

I could think of dozens of scenarios that for many of us here would have no problem to overcome but for many less well off it is insurmountable.

Not to mention the other part of the article where they are purging records. I'm sure that will be done fairly too.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I just dont get the whole ID issue down there. Guess ive been in Canada too long. They have ID requirements and it doesnt seem to be an issue at all.
Two points:

1) the hue and cry that there is a wide spread voter fraud issue without any credible evidence.

2) the blatantly targeted discriminatory aspects of the introduction of these laws, see Alabama closing DMV offices.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably very few people use IE, so not a major issue.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 1:17 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by Boiler
Currently 7.2%
But did I miss a post?
Old Oct 15th 2015, 3:26 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I use Firefox and it was doing it -- ditto on the iPhone.
Old Oct 17th 2015, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

We are in the same boat financially. But if we needed something like a birth certificate we do without something else.

I suppose the core question on the question of who should be allowed to vote is whether there should be any distinction whatsoever between residents of the US who are citizens and those who aren't. California appears to have made that decision by automatically registering as voters everyone, including undocumented aliens, all those who are awarded driver's licenses. It may safely be assumed that there is a political advantage to the governing party by doing that.

I'd love to be able to drop in on Canada and vote in their elections and maybe vote in Mexico as well - but I don't think that would be allowed to happen in either country.
Old Oct 17th 2015, 10:01 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Time for a little brevity?

Funniest segment on Bill Maher for a loooong time - Bernie Sanders and what Republicans heard:

Old Oct 17th 2015, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe
Time for a little brevity?

Funniest segment on Bill Maher for a loooong time - Bernie Sanders and what Republicans heard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LATqcoGOsxE
Actually, I have it on good authority from the RNC, that what Maher presented as what Republicans heard Bernie say, is what he actually said. And the sane stuff he purportedly said - that Maher heard - was dubbed in afterwards.

I also heard from other authority, that the DNC believes that Bernie is a Republican plant whose brief is to throw the Democratic race into such turmoil and force Hillary to swing so far left that she would lose the general to any of the top four Republican hopefuls. They also suspect that most of the so-called "little" donations to his campaign have actually been money funneled to him by the Koch Brothers through an army of Republican activists.

She's right: it's a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.

Last edited by FlaviusAetius; Oct 17th 2015 at 3:31 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.