2016 Election

Old Dec 17th 2015, 5:53 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by dc koop
Governor Chris Christie was asked by a moderator if a no fly zone was imposed over Syria and a Russian fighter aircraft intruded into that air space would he or would he not shoot down that plane.

His answer was that he would shoot down that plane and any other Russian plane with entered that air space

A typical republican with an itchy trigger finger. As if we hadn't had enough with Bush Junior and his unwarranted invasion of Iraq which has now resulted in the appearance of iSIS.

What did Christie imagine Putin would do if such an incident occurred? We should stand up to Putin when and where necessary but placing the man in a tight corner where his personal reputation and position are at stake could only lead to a major confrontation if not an all out war

Christie for one has no place in the White House. Recklesness isn't part of the job requirement
It was shocking to me how many threats of violence were made, by most of the participants, during the two debates. I can't remember it ever being this horrible.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 6:03 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
As you folks are politically in tune, just thought I would elicit some opinions on Edward Snowden. I know it's a bit of an old story, but only got round to watching "Citizen Four" last night, and I'm undecided on whether his whistleblowing was a good thing or not? It certainly seems to have been hushed up fairly well in the last several months.

To not completely go on a tangent, in the GOP debate there was some discussion on snooping and metatdata, etc? I'm in the UK so not as au fait with US politics as I would like to be, but like FA above, a bit of a news junkie.
IMO Snowden, along with Assange and Bradley Manning, have been completely over-charged by the administration and (mostly) vilified by the press. I find it shocking that one is exiled in Russia, one is imprisoned by the Fed, and one is virtually imprisoned in an embassy. For the crime of telling the US citizenry what its government has been getting up to?

I'm not sure about the way that Snowden approached the whole thing but then again he probably would have been screwed even if he did "go through channels". At the very least it would have all been buried and we'd have never know anything about the data collection.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 7:52 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
It was shocking to me how many threats of violence were made, by most of the participants, during the two debates. I can't remember it ever being this horrible.
Yes, I too found that somewhat odious. Potential heads of state need to be more nuanced than that. Maybe it's the Donald effect.

Thanks for the Snowden comments.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Leslie, Chelsea Manning, please. After what she's been put through she deserves the new name and the correct pronouns. I have a lot more respect for her than for Bowe Bergdahl.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Is that you, Leslie? Is that you on a date with The Donald?

Last edited by FlaviusAetius; Dec 17th 2015 at 11:20 am.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 12:30 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
Is that you, Leslie? Is that you on a date with The Donald?

http://static.infowars.com/political...utin_large.jpg
Only the butt pinching is accurate. They made him look waaaayyyy too good. He's a flaccid, doughy, and gormless. He lacks character of the mind, face, and body.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 12:32 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
Leslie, Chelsea Manning, please. After what she's been put through she deserves the new name and the correct pronouns. I have a lot more respect for her than for Bowe Bergdahl.
Aright.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 12:39 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Shard
Yes, I too found that somewhat odious. Potential heads of state need to be more nuanced than that. Maybe it's the Donald effect.

Thanks for the Snowden comments.

I'm mortified at the tone. I just watched a few minutes of a Donald Trump rally. He is LITERALLY ranting and raving. I can't believe these images are going out to the world. Does the world think this is the actual presidential election? Or do they understand that this is just the Republican clown show --- it comes around every 4 years before the actual election.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 1:18 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Quite refreshing to see it described as "threats of violence"
Old Dec 17th 2015, 1:42 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

They all seem to be a bunch of cold war warriors to me except Rand Paul. Putin and Russia are not our enemies. The Berlin wall came down 25 years ago. Hullo !
Old Dec 17th 2015, 1:48 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone mention the Spratleys during the last debate?
Old Dec 17th 2015, 1:54 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

They mentioned Obama quite a bit. Apparently Obama has done nothing right since he took office and has just made a big mess of the fine situation the country and the economy were in when Bush Junior left office
Old Dec 17th 2015, 1:58 pm
He/him

I think they are missing an angry opportunity by not talking about the Spratleys.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 2:56 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I think they are missing an angry opportunity by not talking about the Spratleys.
I don't know what a Spratley is.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 3:07 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Quite refreshing to see it described as "threats of violence"
I don't know how it can be described as anything else. I wish I was clever enough to go through and find all of the incidents of "threats of violence" and make a video for YouTube.

Oh and all of this is coming from a bunch of chicken hawks. *sigh*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.