2016 Election

Old Jun 9th 2016, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Steve_
No, John Wayne was far more direct about it: https://pages.shanti.virginia.edu/Wi...ayboy_Int2.pdf

For example, page 7. "I believe in white supremacy".

Or page 3.

As for Reagan, he basically said whatever Nancy told him to say.
John Wayne was a cowardly draft dodging piece of shit.
Old Jun 9th 2016, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Obama is so very close to having carte blanche to go after Trump. That is one happy POTUS.
Can you elaborate? Sorry, I'm not getting the gist of this one ...
Old Jun 9th 2016, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting analysis on the 'swing state' situation for 2016:
The 11 states that will determine the 2016 election - POLITICO

Leslie, you have always been informative on the swing state topic; do you think the article is on the money? I'm going to save it and revisit it after the election!
Old Jun 9th 2016, 1:48 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Can you elaborate? Sorry, I'm not getting the gist of this one ...
Obama has always had to hold himself back when it comes to Trump. All of that birther nonsense (which went on for YEARS) was classic Donald Trump. He tried to elevate himself, and was somewhat successful, through racial dog whistles and identity politics, all on Obama's dime. Other than Obama's liquidation of Trump at the White House Press Core Dinner and a few jabs now and then, Obama has been careful when dealing with Trump. This because Obama always had too much at stake but now he has literally nothing to lose by going after Trump whole hog. Obama has just been waiting for the Democratic primary to finish before giving his endorsement and going into campaign (read that as 'attack') mode. Bernie will be making some decisions shortly and as soon as all of that is settled, Obama will be off the chain and he's so much better at this than Bernie, Hillary, and even Donald Trump for that matter.
Old Jun 9th 2016, 1:57 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Obama has always had to hold himself back when it comes to Trump. All of that birther nonsense (which went on for YEARS) was classic Donald Trump. He tried to elevate himself, and was somewhat successful, through racial dog whistles and identity politics, all on Obama's dime. Other than Obama's liquidation of Trump at the White House Press Core Dinner and a few jabs now and then, Obama has been careful when dealing with Trump. This because Obama always had too much at stake but now he has literally nothing to lose by going after Trump whole hog. Obama has just been waiting for the Democratic primary to finish before giving his endorsement and going into campaign (read that as 'attack') mode. Bernie will be making some decisions shortly and as soon as all of that is settled, Obama will be off the chain and he's so much better at this than Bernie, Hillary, and even Donald Trump for that matter.
Imagine if Hillary lets the Big Dog off the leash as well. With Trump's thin skin he's going to be eviscerated.
Old Jun 9th 2016, 4:05 pm
Banned

themadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 9th 2016, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah, ok - I just didn't get the 'trigger'; in other words, he's already got nothing to lose, so why wait - but you are saying, he's waiting for the dem nomination to settle, presumably so he can attack with a 'context', and/or, a message of a clear alternative. Should be fun. Obama can be a beautiful speaker when he has a 'cause', and this is a worthy cause indeed!
Old Jun 9th 2016, 4:14 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themadpooper
So Dems need one or two (small) tossup states to win, the GOP needs them all.
Old Jun 9th 2016, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by themadpooper
Looks like your map posted here, and my map (in the article posted in my thread above) are the same in terms of which states are in play, with the exception of Georgia, which is shown in your map as potentially in play also.

So I think we can say ... drum roll please ... you and I can almost say we agree on something!

For the record, the states are: NV, CO, WI, MI, PA (Leans dem)
FL, NH, VA, NC, OH, IA (toss up)
(+GA on your map, leans Rep).

ETA: FL has the most electoral votes: 29. Then PA (20), OH (18), MI (16), GA (16), NC (15), VA (13), WI (10), CO (9), NV (6), IA (6), NH (4)

So that's a lot of votes in the 'leans dem' blue collar / rust belt states that Trump is considered to be able to get.

Last edited by Steerpike; Jun 9th 2016 at 4:33 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2016, 4:57 pm
I love my brick!

Bernie Sanders: “I look forward to meeting with her [Clinton] in the very near future to see how we can work together to defeat Donald Trump”

Now it's just the horse trading and whatever else to get as many Sanders supporters on board the Clintonmobile (Hillterskelter? I dunno.. )
Old Jun 9th 2016, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to say Hi.
Old Jun 9th 2016, 5:31 pm
I love my brick!

Does Donald Trump have any political principles? (yes the question is rhetorical)

Donald Trump once backed urgent climate action. Wait, what? | Grist
Old Jun 9th 2016, 6:47 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Colorado, Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, Ohio and Virginia. Those are (probably) the swing states. Maybe North Carolina? Don't quote me on that and somebody may have a different list. After Super Tuesday we'll have a better bead on turnout and the candidate's differing popularity in those states.

I don't see Cruz being able to take any of those states. I can see Trump taking Florida, Colorado, Pennsylvania, and possibly some others. Rubio is still an unknown in my mind but I think he could do well in Florida and Nevada.

It's difficult to speculate at this early date, specially when we don't know the VP picks yet. So much can still happen.
Originally Posted by Steerpike
Interesting analysis on the 'swing state' situation for 2016:
The 11 states that will determine the 2016 election - POLITICO

Leslie, you have always been informative on the swing state topic; do you think the article is on the money? I'm going to save it and revisit it after the election!

Okay, so I found my quote from February, see above. I wanted to see how closely I was aligned with the article. It looks like exactly the same list except they added NC as a definite and I had it as a maybe. I think, at least in a normal election, NC would be more likely to go Red.

Last edited by Leslie; Jun 9th 2016 at 6:52 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2016, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, so I found my quote from February, see above. I wanted to see how closely I was aligned with the article. It looks like exactly the same list except they also added NC which I think, at least in a normal election, would be more likely to go Red.
North Carolina certainly seems more stridently red now than in '08 (the transgender bathroom nonsense etc), so I'd be surprised if it were in play in '16.
Old Jun 9th 2016, 6:55 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
North Carolina certainly seems more stridently red now than in '08 (the transgender bathroom nonsense etc), so I'd be surprised if it were in play in '16.
Yeah, there are some demographic shifts in NC that I can't really put my finger on but I definitely agree with you. I wouldn't imagine that Georgia is in play at all in '16 either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.